Snow-Qm8

KesOneR

CHILD RIPOWER gone 10 yrs today but not 4gotten..... 4.23.11

My friend Jim left us exactly 10 yrs ago today. I cant believe how time flies and he s been gone that long. I think of when I first met him and what a pain-in-the-ass I thought he was.I wasnt even a fan of his earlier styles and I thought he was yet another obnoxious kid thinking he can just become an overnight sensation as a street/ graf artist.That couldnt have turned out to be any further from the truth.

CHILDONE DAM QM8 TGF PFE AD was the truth. He was the 'Hungry One',someone who risked everything to get up as a writer;to make an impact w thought-provoking images and his heart bled to become a greater artist.He had all the makings to go from one of the 'hungry ones' to one of the 'great ones'. Hell, in the short time he actually was involved with graffiti, he still made a significant impact on those that knew him or saw his work. In a short span of time, he travelled far and wide to get up.He hooked up with TITS crew and NEON and APEX showed him mad love, remembering him fondly on the west coast. He headed to Paint Louis,participated at ABSOLUT XPRESSIONS in Montreal with all the heavy-hitters, and he co-organized the Organized Crime jam with SHONE 237.The jam was the first time TAT crew and FX crew painted at the same event. He hosted dozens of writers from far and wide,including:TKID TNB and SEEN UA. He blasted New England,being from the Boston area and frequenting Connecticut,he painted alot with HI crew and KEM5 3A.He travelled to Philly, Europe, smashed in Paris and hit up clean trains while he was there. Everywhere he went and anyone he met, ALWAYS remember him and his exploits. He was a small dude but a true graf soldier and his huge heart never allowed him to back down from anyone,OG's,his contemporaries or newjacks and toys. He stepped to anyone , if they did him wrong.He had mad heart and all knew it.

Ashame about the threat to raze 5POINTZ because thats where his memorial wall still stands,10 years later. His boys,JEROS,MES,SMASH and myself painted a tribute to him on one of the highest points of the building. We climbed,with ladders, to be able to get down onto a rooftop section with a suitable wall. The wall can be viewed from the 7 train as it approaches 5POINTZ in Long Island City,Queens.

Jim did everything all out and had basically one speed: fast. He was consumed with the fever for graffiti. The great ones all grace us with theyre awe-inspiring, meotoric rises. And they become the 'hungry ones', forever searching for the greatest burners and the wildest styles, here, and in the heareafter...

but theyr not 'falling' stars, theyre 'shooting' stars, forever lighting the way for the rest of us.

Peace and blessings to you, homie, wherever you are, you're making spirits stir...and smile.

SNOW... QM8 TGF FX BT MAD AIDS NRG BNS AD VS MTA...we salute you!

Word to that, nicely said.

Wasn't a close friend but painted and hung out with Child a few times before he passed. Have a good memory of watching him catch some daytime mop tags in Philly with Smurf taking flicks. Always seemed like a nice guy and uniquely motivated writer to me.

RIP.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 554
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Support Graf writers in mass media! Sucker Free Sunday is airing a short piece on graf next month. If it goes well (aka. gets mad views through ratings and people watching it online) they will continue to feature different artists. Lets blow it up and get our culture featured in more mass media. Repost this in your favorite blogs to help build awareness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Checked out the first chapter of snow's Tales from the Mist at Comic con. Sick!!!! Big time brother. Also, there are some old school pics on the Jimmy hoffas endzone what ever its called thread. Love seeing the old pieces. puts stuff in prespective when you think of dudes that are still writing after 30 years...

Man I cant believe its been that long. Your right he was a pain in ass when I first met him, but he did love graffiti. I remember the Absolut wall because he was trying to get me to go. Another solider lost in the game, but not forgotten.

CHILD RIPOWER gone 10 yrs today but not 4gotten..... 4.23.11

My friend Jim left us exactly 10 yrs ago today. I cant believe how time flies and he s been gone that long. I think of when I first met him and what a pain-in-the-ass I thought he was.I wasnt even a fan of his earlier styles and I thought he was yet another obnoxious kid thinking he can just become an overnight sensation as a street/ graf artist.That couldnt have turned out to be any further from the truth.

CHILDONE DAM QM8 TGF PFE AD was the truth. He was the 'Hungry One',someone who risked everything to get up as a writer;to make an impact w thought-provoking images and his heart bled to become a greater artist.He had all the makings to go from one of the 'hungry ones' to one of the 'great ones'. Hell, in the short time he actually was involved with graffiti, he still made a significant impact on those that knew him or saw his work. In a short span of time, he travelled far and wide to get up.He hooked up with TITS crew and NEON and APEX showed him mad love, remembering him fondly on the west coast. He headed to Paint Louis,participated at ABSOLUT XPRESSIONS in Montreal with all the heavy-hitters, and he co-organized the Organized Crime jam with SHONE 237.The jam was the first time TAT crew and FX crew painted at the same event. He hosted dozens of writers from far and wide,including:TKID TNB and SEEN UA. He blasted New England,being from the Boston area and frequenting Connecticut,he painted alot with HI crew and KEM5 3A.He travelled to Philly, Europe, smashed in Paris and hit up clean trains while he was there. Everywhere he went and anyone he met, ALWAYS remember him and his exploits. He was a small dude but a true graf soldier and his huge heart never allowed him to back down from anyone,OG's,his contemporaries or newjacks and toys. He stepped to anyone , if they did him wrong.He had mad heart and all knew it.

Ashame about the threat to raze 5POINTZ because thats where his memorial wall still stands,10 years later. His boys,JEROS,MES,SMASH and myself painted a tribute to him on one of the highest points of the building. We climbed,with ladders, to be able to get down onto a rooftop section with a suitable wall. The wall can be viewed from the 7 train as it approaches 5POINTZ in Long Island City,Queens.

Jim did everything all out and had basically one speed: fast. He was consumed with the fever for graffiti. The great ones all grace us with theyre awe-inspiring, meotoric rises. And they become the 'hungry ones', forever searching for the greatest burners and the wildest styles, here, and in the heareafter...

but theyr not 'falling' stars, theyre 'shooting' stars, forever lighting the way for the rest of us.

Peace and blessings to you, homie, wherever you are, you're making spirits stir...and smile.

SNOW... QM8 TGF FX BT MAD AIDS NRG BNS AD VS MTA...we salute you!

• 1 month later...

<div style="background-color:#000000;width:520px;"><div style="padding:4px;"><embed src="http://media.mtvnservices.com/mgid:uma:video:mtv.com:696160/cp~id%3D1671590%26vid%3D696160%26uri%3Dmgid%3Auma%3Avideo%3Amtv.com%3A696160" width="512" height="288" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" base="." flashVars=""></embed><p style="text-align:left;background-color:#FFFFFF;padding:4px;margin-top:4px;margin-bottom:0px;font-family:Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;font-size:12px;">Get More: <a href="http://www.mtv.com/shows/sucker_free/series.jhtml" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Sucker Free</a>, <a href="http://www.mtv.com/ontv/" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">MTV Shows</a>, <a href=" http://www.mtv.com/shows/sucker_free/series.jhtml" style="color:#439CD8;" target="_blank">Sucker Free </a></p></div></div>