marlboro country (virginia)

promnight

bump jense on the i suck thing i even gave you props on that congrats man your a real king

yea its funny how you talk about nn is full of stickers when your the ONLY one who even puts stickers up ya fucking douche. why dont you post some of your shit son, we all would like to see one of your shitty tribal looking "tags''. you dont paint, so dont talk (type) queer.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

ATTENTION THIS IS A IMPORTANT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUCEMENT:

I AM NOT RAGE I DONT WRITE RAGE DO NOT PM ME ABOUT RAGE DONT TALK SHIT IF YOU DONT KNOW ME CONGRATS ON BEING WRONG

i dont even live in newport news last time i was up there all i saw was stickers i call it like i see it

http://hamptonroads.com/2011/07/norfolk-building-covered-graffitistyle-art-be-painted

NORFOLK

Local bronze sculptor Kevin Gallup is painting over the controversial graffiti-style art that covers his property on East 26th Street with a fresh coat of primer.

Gallup, 57, commissioned artists to paint his old trolley train station at 1001 E. 26th St. more than a week ago. But city staffers and some of Gallup's neighbors didn't like it. To them, the art did not fit in with the community's decor.

Artists covered the front and sides of the building with bubble letters, shapes and a large face. "One planet, one race" and "End racism, end class-ism" were painted on the doors.

Initially, the city issued Gallup a graffiti violation notice. After learning he had approved the painting, Norfolk code enforcers dropped the complaint.

But then on Tuesday, Gallup said, the city attorney's office called and asked when he would be painting over the art.

In an e-mail, Deputy City Attorney Cynthia Hall said she had received phone calls from the Villa Heights civic league and residents concerned about the potential that others might paint unapproved graffiti-style art - called tagging - on other property. In 2008, the city started a program to deter graffiti and encourage residents to get involved in removal efforts. Residents can get reimbursed as much as $50 for taking down graffiti within five days of a violation notice.

"The city did ask Mr. Gallup to paint over it," Hall wrote. "He was very cooperative and said he did not realize that this painting could be an invitation to other taggers to place graffiti in the area."

Gallup saw the conversation differently.

"They're pleading with me to take it down," he said.

The artist - who crafted the bronze lion on the Old Dominion University campus and developed the prototype for Norfolk's mermaids - said he doesn't want to cover up the mural, but he also doesn't want to argue anymore. He's in the process of renovating the building, which he bought six years ago.

"So many people walk by and say that they like it," Gallup said. "That's what kills me. There are just a few vocal people who don't."

Lana Pressley, the civic league president, said she is happy the art will vanish. While some neighbors liked it, Pressley said the residents she talked with found it inappropriate.

"It's a traffic-stopper and a conversation piece, and it could lead to young people coming along and spray-painting, too," Pressley said.

To Gallup, the painting sends an uplifting message. He had asked the artists to design something inspirational and not offensive, he said.

Still, he wonders, maybe it was just too much of a shock all at once. "Maybe I needed to ease them into it," he said.

After Gallup covers the graffiti-style art with white primer, he'll paint a coat of tan on top.

However, he said, if he decides to live in the building, neighbors should prepare for the possibility of more paint.

"If I don't sell the place," Gallup said, "I can guarantee you I am going to be making some enhancements to the visual appearance to the place."