marlboro country (virginia)

promnight

"Capawata," the reason you're getting shit on here is because to swoop into a culture you don't understand and say that you're going to write a paper on it, by the end of the semester, is sort of insulting. Graffiti culture is complicated, and it gets exploited by business (advertising) and by "Academia" constantly. If you want to really do something different, you have to be interested in the culture beyond just giving yourself some kind of "edge." If you want to say anything worthwhile, you're gonna have to spend a lot longer than a few days taking pictures and talking to bums you find on this website.

I recommend sticking to history - New York subways - because every city is different, Richmond included, and you don't have the time, or the respect I'm guessing, to find out why.

Good luck.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
"Capawata," the reason you're getting shit on here is because to swoop into a culture you don't understand and say that you're going to write a paper on it, by the end of the semester, is sort of insulting. Graffiti culture is complicated, and it gets exploited by business (advertising) and by "Academia" constantly. If you want to really do something different, you have to be interested in the culture beyond just giving yourself some kind of "edge." If you want to say anything worthwhile, you're gonna have to spend a lot longer than a few days taking pictures and talking to bums you find on this website.

I recommend sticking to history - New York subways - because every city is different, Richmond included, and you don't have the time, or the respect I'm guessing, to find out why.

Good luck.

oh shit guys, somebody said something smart on this thread!:)

...and now back to the shit talk. AEST 2 is too corporate for my liking.

the problem with u paint bucket...is your iether a. extremely retarded and in 4th grade....so u cant spell ANYTHING properly...or your just bacon grease behinde a comp PURPOSELY spelling words retardedly to look like your young/a kid/down with the culture..... if anyone seees the motherless child..... or talks to him....tell him i said whats good.....

i see u whats good!..and u wetback!...........o word...word...i see u 2 bump maker and darkhorse............true true.... what it do gsalt.....luluhoooooooods

LOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! ^^^ I was raised to type that way its called the west coast ... and ye imma kid ... prolly noe more bout graff then most of yall I been down since 2000 if yall wanna talk shit go right ahead that's ur opinion I juss wanted to hit some VA fools up n see wats good wit the movement out here hahah but if I kant talk without bein critizied for the way I talk bcuz that's the way I raised n where I was brought up then fuck you .... it aint where ufrom its how u kome ...

If you want to get down with the movement you first have to start out with motion tags and sticker slaps. That's the two most basic elements of bombing. There are more elements but I won't get into that yet until I see some of your slaps or motions. Do you have a good motion and can you slap sticks up in high profile spots? Cause you're coming off kind o like a toy dude

ha yeah I got tags flares non stops watever .... fuck slaps though that aint graff wtf writin on stickers and slappin them up that takes no skill that is toy shit in my eyes bombin piecin anything that has to do with paint .... rollers all that is graff I mean if I kome off as a toy then I guess that's how I kome off but I aint ... I aint revok or saber but I got cancontrol ill try n post somepix .... where im from other writers are really open to other graff artist I didn't noe if I start askin bout va graff I would be branded as a pig ... but I guess that's the way it is out here ... if I kant post pix throw me ur email n ill send em ... late

Good luck.

Amen.

Props as well.

LOLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!! ^^^ I was raised to type that way its called the west coast ... and ye imma kid ... prolly noe more bout graff then most of yall I been down since 2000 if yall wanna talk shit go right ahead that's ur opinion I juss wanted to hit some VA fools up n see wats good wit the movement out here hahah but if I kant talk without bein critizied for the way I talk bcuz that's the way I raised n where I was brought up then fuck you .... it aint where ufrom its how u kome ...

:D what the fuck..

^^^ aest 2 MADDD BITES of cats I swear juss kuz a dude kan mock styles does NOT make him into a graffiti writer .... foo aint even have wild styles juss takes normal bubble letters and adds some shit to it ... montana ??? omfg I hate commercial shit graff is becoming the "new thing to do " cats will write for a couple years get kaught n be like ahhh man I kant hang n fall off I give props to ppl that been n the system been locked up for graff and kome out n do it again riskin their freedom juss beacuse they want to do wat they love .....

graffiti my one true love ~