Theoretical law.

MAR

I just wanna fuck myself' date=' that's all.[/quote']

Hhaha... this is beyond all masturbatory fantasy here..... as much an advocate of self satisfaction i am, this is a whole new realm for me.

My own life is presented with a peak, representing other HALF, i wish i was more prepared for, before and after. You would think I would at least get the after part right. I don't even think to know what i know and think anymore...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest spectr

shit ive spent the last 20 minutes looking for this paper about time travel and how its possible to travel into the future. then i got distracted by some research paper about black holes.

but heres a couple articles for you people to look at

http://erntheburn.tripod.com/timetravel/timetravel.htm

http://www.npl.washington.edu/AV/altvw45.html

http://www.ram.org/ramblings/science/time_travel.html

shit if i find this paper i will post it.

What if the moon kills you,does that mean we have to kill the moon as a death sentence?

Anyways,my teacher sdaid the smartest human only uses a small percentage of their brain. She said if human could use at least half wed be able to move shit with our minds and talk with each other without using our mouths and shit.

Guest spectr
What if the moon kills you,does that mean we have to kill the moon as a death sentence?

Anyways,my teacher sdaid the smartest human only uses a small percentage of their brain. She said if human could use at least half wed be able to move shit with our minds and talk with each other without using our mouths and shit.

sounds almost like something nitzchie said.

That whole 'humans only use 8% of their brain' thing is bullshit. You use it all. Maybe not to it's full capacity, but you're using the whole fucking thing.

I think the real catch is being conscious of your capacity and not being able to exceed what you're naturally capable of no matter how aware of it you are. There are no mental Bruce Lees.

So much for knowing your limits to break your limits.

That whole 'humans only use 8% of their brain' thing is bullshit. You use it all. Maybe not to it's full capacity, but you're using the whole fucking thing.

I think the real catch is being conscious of your capacity and not being able to exceed what you're naturally capable of no matter how aware of it you are. There are no mental Bruce Lees.

Rain Man?

So, Leonardo Da vinci, 1 in how many billiion of people over a few centuries,

bad record for the human race, but nature surprises & appears simpler momentaraly

only to reason again.

The brain is organic, organic shit grows.

Rain man exactly! Some autistic kids can draw photorealistic pictures from their memory.

What's up with that? They're supposed to be sick and taken care of!!! not drawing pics like crazy. What about THE RULES??

I'm sure humans are capable of much, much more than what we "know". No, not telekinesis or telepathy, that's overrated. But if people would concentrate better, and not be limited by different things... I'm sure there could be some real mental ninjas.

You know, language is LIMITED and LACKS WORDS. Poets kill themselves because they sense that they can't describe what they experience. Scientists and Religious leaders condemn new thoughts because they lack proof, don't follow the basic rules and common thoughts...

People/society/crowds/science etc. are capable of destroying the free spirit. You know as a child you didn't stand a fucking chance against mom, she was telling you the facts and it felt bad. You will die some day. You need to eat and breathe. candy is bad.

but most facts are just agreements, and serve best for the idiots who like to run shit, or follow around. too bad you grow up believing most of the stuff thrown at you, and finally become a grown up and "accept it". But that's a compromise. at that point you're getting good at stomping other people's creativity into the ground, and you're fooling yourself. You might go nuts.

I think that most of the people that "go crazy" are just getting more and more stressed & pressurized by their surroundings. Finally their only way to break free from the rules they accepted (that they don't feel right and cannot accept) is a subconcious desicion to give up, a mental collapse and they abandon all morals and every single thing that they have thought as "reasonable" or whatever. at that point it seems to be the only way to be sure.

Some minds just can't accept that their every reaction is taken for granted and all their actions could be predicted and explained. viperface's 2 cents on free will. dahm

humans use their entire brain

things is, everyone has a face, right?

some are better than others

brains are the same way

some just work better than others

i think some people are better at using neurological patterns than others for example.

some unconcious shit

i do think that of course it's possible to improve upon it, to a point

that's part of what education and learning is all about

even mind games like crossword and soduku have been shown to improve cognition and memory

physical tasks and mental tasks use different parts of the brain as well

so you'lll have people that are better at using their bodies

and those who are better at using their minds

their has alos been a decent amount of research done on 'psychics' to see if they are using other parts of their brain or their brain in different ways.

pretty inconclusive and/or shows that no, they are not using their brain in weird or different ways

People/society/crowds/science etc. are capable of destroying the free spirit. You know as a child you didn't stand a fucking chance against mom, she was telling you the facts and it felt bad. You will die some day. You need to eat and breathe. candy is bad.

but most facts are just agreements, and serve best for the idiots who like to run shit, or follow around. too bad you grow up believing most of the stuff thrown at you, and finally become a grown up and "accept it". But that's a compromise. at that point you're getting good at stomping other people's creativity into the ground, and you're fooling yourself. You might go nuts.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that most of the people that "go crazy" are just getting more and more stressed & pressurized by their surroundings. Finally their only way to break free from the rules they accepted (that they don't feel right and cannot accept) is a subconcious desicion to give up, a mental collapse and they abandon all morals and every single thing that they have thought as "reasonable" or whatever. at that point it seems to be the only way to be sure.

Some minds just can't accept that their every reaction is taken for granted and all their actions could be predicted and explained. viperface's 2 cents on free will. dahm

I think you're dead on the money but I didn't want to start rambling on about that shit.

Most all children border on genious up until a certain point: that point usually being when they start to become 'conscious' of the 'limits', or, in other words, the point where conscious thought (ideas being limited to only that which we have words for, etc.) starts to become something of a burden, or a governor for what we're capable of.

We learn the most within our first three years of life: how to become mobile, make sense of the world around us and how to communicate with one-another. After these basic (and most life-altering) accomplishments our ability to hone 'new skills' starts to taper off. There really aren't many more 'ground-breaking' personal accomplishments after this point... I guess the question is why? Is it really a matter of being conditioned to accept the limits or do 'limits' really exist?

I guess that, to a degree, you can look at animals that (we think) don't have too much 'conscious thought'. Take a cat's ability to almost always land on it's feet without even thinking about it. They follow their natural tendency and because of it they're able to accomplish something that humans, a much more 'intelligent' species, might not ever be capable of.

--------------------------

I think that going 'crazy' could be happens when you try to push a brain past it's 'limits' too quickly. Filling it up with too much information (or thought) in a small period of time (without channeling that thought into one specific direction or cause) results in what happens when you overload a harddrive with too much data: shit crashes. The drive can be rebuilt but almost never back to functioning at 100%. Maybe 97%... but 100% is very doubtful.

Of course, there are recent studies on brain-development that show the adult brain is capable of a lot more 'rebound' than was once believed.

I look at trying to exceed capacity too quickly as 'hacking' your brain. I know that sounds like some lame nerd-ass shit... but, if you read up, there's a lot of common elements to schizophrenic/psychotic breaks. Mostly it seems like the brain becomming too conscious of itself and trying to slide into areas that it's not fully capable of processing, or at least processing correctly. If you read www.kurtsnyder.net I think you'll see what I'm talking about. I've posted this link on here before but it's dumb long... but if you skip to the part where he talks about his first actual 'break' from reality it seems like either one massively-detailed delusion or his brain actually becomming too aware of his consciousness.

Blah.

I don't like talking about this shit. It feels like dabbling into dangerous territory.

humans use their entire brain

things is, everyone has a face, right?

some are better than others

brains are the same way

some just work better than others

i think some people are better at using neurological patterns than others for example.

some unconcious shit

i do think that of course it's possible to improve upon it, to a point

that's part of what education and learning is all about

even mind games like crossword and soduku have been shown to improve cognition and memory

Oh, no doubt about any of this, but I really believe that there is a level-off point for most people. Either geniuses manage to maintain a sense of 'anything's possible' from the time they're children (and they're not actually 'gifted') or there is a natural plateau that exists for some people and not for others. Can anyone become Einstein or Newton if they're conditioned correctly? Or will Bubba from Kentucky always be Bubba no matter how much of a 'genius-enabling' setting he's raised in?

Got a lot of questions, got way less answers and I like it like that.

wow' date=' i feel like i'm in the high school lunchroom[/quote']

Really? That's fucked up. I never really thought about shit like this until I took psychology and biology classes in, well, college.

Alright, my bad. We're dumbfucks. Hey, if you kill the moon, like.... am I still witty?

Nah. I never said any of this was fact, my dude. I'm offering up the way I look at shit and not saying it's any more right or wrong than anything anyone else is saying or has ever said. Tell me how what I'm saying is silly and, if you make sense, I'll gladly revise what I think.

And uh.. you can't really dispute that we learn the most during our first three years of life.

Oh, no doubt about any of this, but I really believe that there is a level-off point for most people. Either geniuses manage to maintain a sense of 'anything's possible' from the time they're children (and they're not actually 'gifted') or there is a natural plateau that exists for some people and not for others. Can anyone become Einstein or Newton if they're conditioned correctly? Or will Bubba from Kentucky always be Bubba no matter how much of a 'genius-enabling' setting he's raised in?

Got a lot of questions, got way less answers and I like it like that.

cool for you.

i am way more a believer in 'nature' in the nature v nurture debate.

[i think it's all genetics...see 'twin studies']

i don't feel a need to discuss this at length though, we all know

mams face is the best