DENTISTS!

Issac Brock

WOW!

I just had to go to the dentist and man, did that suck. This type of thing is discussed all the time, but I have to vent. If I were to make a list of things that I DREAD doing, going to the dentist would obviously be #1. It's uncomfortable, painful and awkward.

And what is it with these conversationalist dentists? This woman kept asking me about college and finding a job and shit as if I was able to answer. Has she forgotten that her hands and various metal tools are in my mouth?

Ugh.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

No, definitely not, and I'm glad that didn't happen. But what that reminded me of what I forgot to mention: She kept talking to other dentists that walked by and when she talked to them she would rest her arms on me like I was an...armrest. Like she would just put her arms on my chest. I was all uncomfortable and pissed off already, I wanted to slap her and yell GET OFF ME BITCH

when i had insurance i hated going to the dentist because they would talk to me. just clean my mouth, i dont want to know about your family and i dont want to struggle to answer your questions just to be polite while you're finger fucking my cheek. now that i have insurance again im going to call 1-800 dentist and ask them if they can recommend a mute in my area.

I used to hate dentist too, and I still do...

but last year I got over it a little when I had many appointments in row. I knew every session would last at least 40 minutes and I thought Fuck it. Later this evening I'll be ok anyway, getting drunk etc. The pain and horror will be gone in an hour. small dish.

It worked. Defeating a slight phobia was something new for me and I was also able to break out the cycle in many other everyday routines that I hate. It's surprizingly hard for me to defeat the little fucking discouraging thought and actually get shit done

edit: i'm getting drunk. whoa

I used to hate dentist too, and I still do...

but last year I got over it a little when I had many appointments in row. I knew every session would last at least 40 minutes and I thought Fuck it. Later this evening I'll be ok anyway, getting drunk etc. The pain and horror will be gone in an hour. small dish.

It worked. Defeating a slight phobia was something new for me and I was also able to break out the cycle in many other everyday routines that I hate. It's surprizingly hard for me to defeat the little fucking discouraging thought and actually get shit done

edit: i'm getting drunk. whoa

That's why I haven't done well in high school. I'm smart, but I have had trouble ever convincing myself to actually do work. And even if I did do work, I wouldn't try. Now I wish I had, because now that I want to be serious in college, I would have had a lot more doors open to me.

well' date=' you also wont have to go to school for an extra 4 years.[/quote']

I see college as something to look forward to. I want to learn; I want to be educated. I want to be able to do things for a living that require more education and skills than just common knowledge.

Also, intramural basketball, baby! Whoooooo

hm. someone has brainwashed you into thinking without college you will only be able to get "basic skill" jobs.

dont get me wrong, i stay going to school to keep my shit working. but it isnt for any particular degree, i just go and see whats up with whats interesting.

Fuck college...once I realized I didn't wanna go I decided to not try for shit at high school, and managed to have 3 fun ass years before finally droppin out. Now I got one more test to go and I got my GED

As far as the dentist goes, fuck em. My oral hygienest (I think that's what they call the dentists assisant?) is cool as fuck though.

Also, i heard dentists have the highest suicide rate out of any job...any truth to this?

Fuck college...once I realized I didn't wanna go I decided to not try for shit at high school' date=' and managed to have 3 fun ass years before finally droppin out.[/quote']

Wait, so you decided not to go to college in your first/second year of high school?

AyeBee, do you. I'm just saying, when I was that age I could barely choose between flaming hot cheetos and funyuns at the corner store. I sure as shit wasnt making decisions that would effect my life. And my ass woulda been wrong anyways, because I usually went with Funyuns.

edit: typos

I always had straight A's goin into high school, did crazy good on tests, read at a college level in 3rd grade, they wanted to skip me 3 grades etc etc

Once I hit high school I kinda started to realize I was sick of it, and didn't wanna do it anymore...that's the decision I made and so far I'm happy with it. I'm not sayin I won't regret it 10 years form now, but live for the moment yahmean?

hm. someone has brainwashed you into thinking without college you will only be able to get "basic skill" jobs.

I'm not brainwashed. There is truth to me having VERY LIMITED options without at LEAST a bachelors. I'm finishing up high school and I have the most trouble in the world even finding a shitty job.

Anyway, as of now, I'm going the bio-premed route, and I'm pretty sure I need a college degree to become a doctor ;)