tricks and cons to get free beer

lord_casek

pretty cool shit here. thought some of you alcoholics might dig it

Match Balance (a bar bet)

This is a solid betting trick that never fails. It can be done to drunk or sober people

Required: A cardboard match from a matchbook

Setup

Bet some one a beer that you can throw the match up in the air and make it land on its side (As in the thin side on the left/right of matchstick)

Trick

Before tossing the matchstick in the air, bend it in half. It will land on its side every time. Enjoy your free beer!

Money Matchbox, a bar con

Required: A matchbox, a $20 bill

Setup

Ask someone to lend you $20 to put in an empty matchbox, you then also put $20 in. You must point out the fact that you have also put in $20. The mark is free to examine the match box in order to see that everything is above board…wink.

The Trick

Say to them that you will now sell them the matchbox for $30. If they are drunk (or stupid) enough they will believe that they are in for a bargain (spending $30 to buy a $40 matchbox). The trick is that because they already have put in $20 they are in fact losing $10. In total they have spent $50 for a $40 matchbox, and you get $30 instead of the $20 you started with. Congratulate them on their win and exit the bar before they have time to figure out they just got duped.

White Milk Napkin

Requirements: An all white bar napkin, a group of friends

Setup and Trick

This is just a simple way of making your friends look stupid in front of everyone else. Hold up the napkin close to you friend’s face and quickly ask “what color is this?” They will reply “white.” Then ask them “what do cows drink?” Just about any person will answer “milk.” You will reply “no, they drink water dumbass!”

The Bachelor/Bachelorette, A Bar Trick for Free Beer and Shots

Required: A group of rowdy friends of the same sex

When I was a bartender there were always certain occasions that warranted giving out free beer and liquor. One was the bachelor or bachelorette party.

The Setup

The next time you are out with your friends just designate someone as the Bachelor or Bachelorette. This person will be given a ton of free beer and shots all night long. You have to do this when the group you’re with is all guys or girls. No bartender is going to believe you if the group is mixed since these parties are always with either guys or girls.

The Execution

The only acting needed for this one is that you just have to drop a few references to the “big day” tomorrow or the future “ball and chain” right as you approach the bartender and you should be ok. Make sure to tell the bartender that your buddy is getting married tomorrow or this week and let the beer start flowing.

If there is a group of people at the bar even better, tipsy people tend to be in a jolly mood and will probably want to send off the fake bachelor in good fashion.

The only downside to this trick is that it only works for one person at a time. This is easily remedied with a bar hopping addition to the trick where the group simply moves on to the next bar after the free beer and booze has dried up.

Note

If women are going to do this it’s best to have the fake bachelorette have some sort of phony engagement ring on. The men shouldn’t have to worry about props.

Dragon’s Breath, a bar trick/bet

Required: a glass, matches, six quarters, and an ashtray with water in it

Setup

Fill the ashtray with water, no more than a quarter of an inch. Stack the coins in the center of the ashtray so that the top two coins are above the water. Place four unlit matches on top of the coins.

The Bet

Bet your friends one drink that you can get the water out of the ashtray using only the ingredients mentioned and without moving or tilting the ashtray.

Method

Light the matches and immediately cover the flame and coins with the glass. The water will be drawn into the glass. You win.

Queue Ball Roll, a bar trick/bet

Requirements: a pool table

Setup

Rack and set up the pool table as normal. Lay a cue stick across the width of the table in the middle of the table. Bet your friends that you can roll the queue ball under the queue in the middle of the table.

Winning the bet

Pick up the cue ball and roll it under the table. The cue ball has now rolled under the stick. You win.

Mind Reading Quarters

Required: 9 Quarters, a bunch of friends, a helper with a beer, a coaster (preferably square)

Setup

Line up 9 coins in a square 3×3 on the table. Have your helper stand in a place you can clearly see them. This should be done on the sly so not alert anyone to the trick.

Trick

Look away and invite someone to pick a coin by touching it. While your pack is turned have your friend place there beer on the coaster in the corresponding position; top left, top middle, bottom right, center middle etc. Then reveal the group what coin the person picked.

You can make this into a trick for beer, which works quite well.

Harry’s Hat, A Bar Trick to Get Free Drinks

I used to be quite the amateur magician in my college days. One of the best and in some circles notorious, magicians was Harry Anderson. He played the judge on Night Court, if any of you remember that show. He also made cameo appearances on Cheers as Harry the Hat, a flim flam man, who usually conned everyone out of their wallets and got kicked out of the bar by Sam.

Harry had a great trick he did to Cliff Clavin which I have used in the past to get free shots. I call it Harry’s Hat because you need a hat to perform this trick. Just about any hat will do. Harry used his fedora in the show but I always have my Red Sox hat (Go Bo SOX!) when I go out to the bars. I will say that the hat cannot be a mesh hat where you can see through it. So no bringing your filthy, mesh John Deere Tractor hat you bough at the fill’in station four years ago.

The trick works like this. You have to be at the bar or sitting at a table where you can easily bend under it. I’ll explain why in a second. You bet a stranger or gullible friend (a rube) that you can drink a shot from under your hat without touching it. Buy a shot, put it on the bar, and place your hat over it. If you have any place on your hat where you could see the shot under it, turn it away from the rube so they cannot see the shot. Bend down under the bar or table and make a loud slurping sound. Here is the tricky part, when you come back up wipe your mouth or make some other gesture you would after drinking a shot, lick your lips whatever. Nonchalantly nod towards your hat and say “check it out” to the person you bet. If you have convinced them enough they will lift your hat to see for them selves. At this point grab the shot and down it. You win.

For this to work, and it does with the right person, you need to be pretty convincing. It works really well with women and really drunk college guys. I’ve been pretty successful over the years in getting free beer or shots out of this.

Now if you really want to be a funny man, have the shot refilled and offer the same bet to the person you just beat. Put you hat back on the shot. When the person you bet goes down to drink the shot quickly lift your hat, drink the shot and return the hat. When the person comes back up, and tries to get you to life the hat, do so and act surprised. This will win some points with the girl you just conned or just lighten the mood around the bar.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
"White Milk Napkin"

haha, did this one to two people already and worked perfectly.

haha same.

I have a foolproof way of winning coin tosses (as long as you're tossing the coin). It requires a bit of practice, buts its worth being able to settle any dispute in your favour

honestly... it's not that hard.

one night I got an entire night of freebies because the single girl bartender

had to close the place herself and she was worried some wierdo would hide out

in the basement untill closing time. I drank for free from midnight untill three

and then the girl came home with me. Funny that happens to a gemtleman?

honestly... it's not that hard.

one night I got an entire night of freebies because the single girl bartender

had to close the place herself and she was worried some wierdo would hide out

in the basement untill closing time. I drank for free from midnight untill three

and then the girl came home with me. Funny that happens to a gemtleman?

good story. gentlemen always win in the end.

here's on for ya. me and some friends used to frequent

a college town bar. when we got in we'd buy a drink, tip

the bartender a $20 spot and drink whatever we wanted

for free. that simple. didn't matter if it was a male or female.

it worked at waffle house, too. old black women waitresses rock.

whatever works for you Copperfield.

copperfield? as in the magician? haha. where'd you get that from?

oh yeah, and magic tricks are a great pickup tool as well as

good bar room tricks. i wish i would've known when i bartended.

coulda made some more money.

You´ll need 1 glass, a matchbook, six coins, and an ashtray with water.

Bet your friends that you can get the water out of the ashtray using only the ingredients mentioned and without moving or tilting the ashtray!

PROCEDURE

Make sure ashtray is filled with at most a quarter inch of water. Stack the coins in the centre of the ashtray so the top two coins are above the water. Place four unlite matches on top of the coins. Light the matches and immediately cover the flame and coins with the glass. The water will be drawn into the glass.

For this "trick" you need a fork, knife or spoon, coffee milk or cream container.

When you´re at a bar with some friends ( or girlfriend ) and your feeling kind of down ...

PROCEDURE

Very slyly grab one of those coffe milk ( or cream containers ) and hide it in your hand. Now with the other hand pick up a knife, fork or spoon. Start talking to yourself, saying "I hate my life, I´m miserable, ..." . Until everyone at the table starts to look at you in a weird way. Then take the hand with the container concealed in it and hold it up to your eye with the paper side down, and take the spoon and act like you´re shoving it into your eye.

A bunch of white milk will come squirting out on everybody. If you want to make it more dramatic scream and fall on the floor!

Take care and have fun! ;-)

-this is an example of what to do if you want people to hate you