New Cars

deterrent

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

the key to dealerships is LOWBALLING!!!!!

say the sticker on a car is 23,999. that is the highest possible price the dealer is asking. in my experiance, that price could go down ALOT. so if the cars 23,999 theres several things you can do to bring it down.

1. offer to pay 23,999 out the door. if you can get the dealer to include the 1-2000 dollars worth of taxes and other fees, you are essentially getting the car for 21,999 instead.

2. throw out a lowball price and see where it goes. throw a 20 grand offer on the table. he will counter with a 22, come back with a 21, and then settle on 21500. sometimes if your lucky and the dealer is trying to move cars your lowball offer might even be accepted

3. dont discuss the money untill after the test drive. go on the test drive, waste the dealers time, and then after it crunch the numbers and throw out your offers. set a exact amount of money you want to spend on said car.

4. try Used certified. you can pick up a 2005 with low mileage for alot cheaper than getting the same car in a 06 with zero mileage. sticker price on USed certified are ALOT EASILY TO HAGGLE WITH than the sticker on a brand new car. they dont want to move brand new cars for much under the sticker, but they are very willing to move the old 2005s because they most likely got them for super cheap on a trade-in so you can bring the price down on these more...

hit me a PM with any questions, i know alot about the car bizzz

I read this a few months back, its a review of thr Jetta, by Jermey Clarkson, the

'Top Gear ' TV presenter.

If you fancy a euro brand, try an Audi S4, a Alfa 156, or a a Jap Lexus is200.

It’s also why I’m fidgety and distracted today. Because I came to London yesterday in the Volkswagen Jetta, and tomorrow I must go home in it. Which will be like spending an hour in a coma.

I’d love to meet the man who styled the exterior, to find out if he’d done it as some sort of a joke. But mostly I’d like to meet the man who simply didn’t bother at all with the interior. Because looking at that dashboard gives you some idea of what it might be like to be dead.

It’s black. And so are the buttons, and so are the dials, and so are the carpets and so are the seats. To give you some idea of how dull and featureless life is in there, put a cardboard box over your head. And leave it there for 10 years.

Then there’s the engine. This is the 2 litre direct injection jobbie you find in various other VWs and Audis and it’s normally not bad. But like a bloke who could make a UFO encounter seem boring, the Jetta seems to suck all the life out of it.

It’s the same story with the ride and handling. It’s really not bad at all. But it’s hard to spot this when you are stuck in that vegetative no man’s land with a face that’s so numb you don’t even know you’re dribbling.

And now we arrive at the boot lid, which is supposed to boing up when you press a button on the key. But it can’t be bothered. It springs from the traps, rises about a foot and then just gives up.

There’s a similar lack of enthusiasm from the satellite navigation system. Every request is met with a shoulder-sagging teenage harrumph. Perhaps this is because the car’s made in Mexico: so it just wants to sit under a tree all day dozing.

Volkswagen itself was plainly bored to tears when trying to think of things to say about the car. So what you get in the press blurb is chapter and verse on the windscreen wipers, which apparently perform a number of tasks. Further investigation reveals these tasks to be 1) sitting still and 2) moving hither and thither clearing raindrops.

What I’m most interested in is why on earth this car was made in the first place, because it’s actually a Golf with a boot. Or to put it another way, a Golf that’s a bit uglier, a bit heavier, a bit slower, a bit less practical, a bit less economical and a lot more boring to drive. To paraphrase Mark Twain, then, it’s a good Golf ruined.

And yet the model I drove cost £18,500. And to that you must add another £1,200 for an automatic gearbox and £1,675 if you want leather upholstery instead of the Pleblon that comes as standard. I’d also go for the £13.99 “life hammer”, which is designed to be used to break the windows after an accident. But it could also be used by a passenger to hit you on the head when you start dribbling. Or as a tunnelling tool, like the rock hammer in The Shawshank Redemption.

Because believe me, being trapped inside a Jetta is just like being trapped in a 1930s jail. You really would want to escape, whatever the cost.

Anyway, my point is that the Jetta is a £21,000 car. So why not buy a bigger, better and (marginally) more interesting Passat instead?

Or why not save a few bob and buy a vastly superior Golf GTI? Or why not buy 2.1m penny chews? What really pisses me off about the Jetta is that Volkswagen is a company that makes the Bentley Continental and the Lamborghini Gallardo. It has the flair and the panache to make the Bugatti Veyron, and we know it can make a Golf saloon interesting because they’ve proved it with various Seats and Skodas.

But what they’ve come up with here is an automotive Belgium, Tim Henman with wheels. The inside of a ping pong ball. I therefore cannot recommend it to you in any way.

Quote SpreadAIDS

"yeah why would you want to waste all the money on gas?

i would rather buy something affordable that gets good mileage and then do other USEFUL things with all that gas money."

What, are you 70 fuck'n years old?

As for the Yaris, jesus you have the rest of your life to be practical.

Also its a womans car. But is ok to drive one if your a turd burgler.

Well when your a working drummer and need a truck to put all of your shit in to transport it to shows and dont need to go off roading you do need it. All my shit just doesnt fit in my 96 toyota camry. The truck is only a V6 not like these massive fords and dodges. Toyotas are known to be extremely reliable and the truck has raving reviews the only bad thing I have read about them is that the emergency brake is in a funny spot inside the cab and I checked it out and it doesnt bother me. This truck meets all my needs I love it.

cool. i think my previous response was made by the fact that most people that own a big vehicle, do not need a big vehicle. but at least you will actually use it.

And to SPORTO:

Sorry you like to waste your money and consider it the behavior of old people. I'd be willing to bet that isn't your only problem in life either.

My friend's Forester:

2109037_27_full.jpg

had my eyes on the infinity fx but i couldnt justify the damn gas or the price so i ended up getting a subaru forester. it gets me back and forth through the sierra mountains in snow' date=' rain, whatever with no problem.[/quote']