Sold my car on craigslist.

Soup BDC

I was bored last night so it started out as kind of a joke, just writing up all the things wrong with this heap, and saying "BUY IT." But after being posted for less than a full day this mother's GONE! Sold to a very nice couple from Walnut Creek. Haha no more drunk drivin, just drunk riding.

Here's a copy of what I posted.

"This car has seen better days.

For the first fourteen years this car had been taken care of immaculately: regular maintence and tune-ups documented and filed away for safe keeping. Now in the past year it hasn't seen much love. Glue from the door's interior appointments has given way. Oxidation on the hood looks like a galactic starscape. The gearbox won't necessarily point you directly into third, and may require you to take a second or two to find the spot. The right fog lamp and right lower fascia was knocked out by a pipe in the road. Windows roll down but will only roll up when you go to lock up the car. Speedometer may need you to hit the dash before it admitts you're going faster than zero.

This car however, still has it's selling points. The brake calipers and rotors are practically brand new. Fifteen years old and will still take care of buisness on the freeways and country roads in moderate style, and comfort only found in a fifteen year old autobahn sports-sedan. Ten speaker alpine system is as good as it needs to be. Alluminum radiator! Spacious boot, tan leather trim, electric seats, that shiny bmw badge, passes smog and all that emissions jargon. An engine that sounds like its on its last leg, but never has a problem starting up, never fails to be loads of fun, and hasn't ever broken down yet so..

This car could be your worst used-car nightmare, or at $1,000 for a once proud $40,000+ German saloon monster-car, it could be the deal of a lifetime. This summer you can be sunroof open, windows down, Pioneer stereo and alpine speaksers blasting over the sound of the wind and the roar of the 3.5 liter bavarian engine, flying down the road in a car guarenteed to have a top speed you'll be scared to test.. all in something you spent too little of coin on to care. Please call me if you're serious or just curious about this car. ***-***-****

Cheers "

So the lesson is, if you're selling a heap, call it a heap and people will praise you.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I didn't post it with any pics. Just that text, got seven calls today and sold it to the first people that showed up. The car needs so much work, but I guess buying the car's worth it if you can do the maintence yourself.

It was the first car I ever bought. Nothing but good times in that car. I'll post some stories after they pick up the pink slip on monday.

Here's all I got of the car

535iTIGHT.jpgFarewell, brighteyes.[/size]:innocent:

HUZZAH! Signage of pinks and papes, got my grand, and now it's story time. I still feel bad for not sharing them with the guy who bought my car after he said for a grand he could care less about the history. That guy was dope too: Black guy in walnut creek who for a living is a DJ in Japan. Hot as hell wife, must be Japanese but looks Thai. Anyway he made his wife pay for half the car, which the way he talked her into doing it was halarious. "HONEY WRITE THE CHECK!" And bam, the asian wife simply computes.

So here's my car stories:

Before this car I had a sea-foam green Astro Van that eventually broke a front axel and swerved into a ditch. This happened driving home from a friend's house in the Oakland hills through the backroads. It took AAA four hours after I called for them to send the first tow truck out, then two hours more to send a larger flatbed tow truck.

In highschool, we packed twelve kids into the thing during an entire school district walk-out. The car was so underpowered, it took us half a minute to reach thirty five.

As for this car, first the electronics caught fire. That took care of the speedo and such, and the shit job the mechanics did never put the firewall back in, so that took care of the oxygen in the cabin too. Before I had it fixed, I drove it down to LA for the media days at the LA auto show. JIffy Lube didn't hose down the engine bay after replacing the oil, so there were pools of oil smoking through the ventilation and into the cabin. Besides the drive between LA and SF being about six hours, this was december and the grapevine was nearly closed from snowfall, so I had to wear two jackets and keep my windows down to stay warm and not breathe oil.

On the bright side, I met the writers for just about every news publishing, and pissed off Saleen's PR guy after he caught the models letting me sit in the S7. I even got to talk to the AG of Volkswagon about how it feels to crash a McLaren F1 on a civilian road.

Then there was the time I was chased by the cops, I had just turned 18 so the car and my insurance was all me. A friend and I were in the back roads and went around a blind turn so fast that the cop not only didnt have time to clock me but he was out of rear view before the light bar was turned on. After fifteen minutes I gave up, pulled over and let them have me. I was arrested, confessed in the back of the cop car, gave a truely brilliant sob story, then was released and on my way. My friend pleaded the 5th, and to this day I haven't heard anything about it. No court date, nothing.

First time the car hit 135, I was 17 on 680 chasing after a dodge Ram. When I had finally caught up, we rolled down the window and my friend asked the man if he got a hemi in there. The man laughed histerically and sped off.

Other than that, the car's been from San Francisco to Las Vegas in seven hours, and from Los Angeles to San Francisco in four hours. Anyone that's ever known me knows that car as well and has a few scary then, now fond memories tied to it in someway.

Im about to sell a drum set I found for cheep but is gonna sell for hella cash on the craigs list here purdy quick! 88 seven piece sonar maple light kit in near perfect condition..and your writing style has given me many Ideas opn how to get this sucker selling!

booyeah

baught it for a grand, gonna sell it for 2

Im about to sell a drum set I found for cheep but is gonna sell for hella cash on the craigs list here purdy quick! 88 seven piece sonar maple light kit in near perfect condition..and your writing style has given me many Ideas opn how to get this sucker selling!

booyeah

baught it for a grand, gonna sell it for 2

Good fucking luck with that one... Here is my craigslist listing for my drum set....

http://hartford.craigslist.org/msg/166065998.html

The only offers I have gotten are "I will give you $150 for everything" the highest being "I will give you $350 plus $50 for you cases"... I reply with "I need to make a little more on these since they are high end drums but thanks for you offer" Then I get no response back...

I bought these for $1300 just the drums and should be able to get $2000 since used kits on ebay are going for that much but i will take $1300... but no one is looking for high end gear.

Good fucking luck with that one... Here is my craigslist listing for my drum set....

http://hartford.craigslist.org/msg/166065998.html

The only offers I have gotten are "I will give you $150 for everything" the highest being "I will give you $350 plus $50 for you cases"... I reply with "I need to make a little more on these since they are high end drums but thanks for you offer" Then I get no response back...

I bought these for $1300 just the drums and should be able to get $2000 since used kits on ebay are going for that much but i will take $1300... but no one is looking for high end gear.

no shit huh, fuckit then. IM GOIN ON EBAY. The set I have is a sonar lovers dream, Im leaving it at my local drumshop so that people can walk in and look at it or if someone online needs to take a peek, they dont come to my fucking house. the plan was to have it on ebay,craigs list and selling in the shop..first one bites wins the prize. All the money then goes to the custom kit of doom I had made for me thats just waiting for me to throw cash at it. $1800 in all.

Forgot about a story.

That pipe I said knocked out the foglight was during a drift through a T-intersection with a painted island in the middle. There was some construction up the road and I guess to turn the big ole trucks around that cut down the stop sign that was hanging out right in the middle of the T.... except the left a good eight inches of it sticking out for me to see, just a moment too late, one night.

I couldnt exactly pull out of the drift or the the pole would've ripped through the center of the car. This way it entered through the foglight, split my right rim in half and exited out through the back of the wheel well. Had it ripped through the center of the car, the car would've been totalled for sure.

I know I'm forgetting a few more too, and noone does stupid shit to then keep the stories to themselves. So if I remember i'll tack them on the thread later.

Anyone else got stupid stories?

Ummm I got mad at the girl I was seeing after a gig one night and punched my steering wheel and when I went to punch it again I punched through the plexi glass on the dash board and punched through my tachometer...

i threw my phone at the dashboard of one of my cars and it popped up and smashed my windsheild... I know some other stuff I just gotta remember