Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Hayabusa

donnie darko

i know the movie and all, but ever since the first time ive seen it, i have been very puzzled by its website.

has anyone been able to figure it out?

http://www.donniedarko.com

if so, share with me what info you could actually get out of it...

its funny cuz only recently did a friend tell me the true story of this movie. After so many years, and ive only been able to figure out its true plot now....

discuss

oh man, the mom is so hot on that Gilmore girls show.

I tried watching donnie darko once, but decided to go outside to play softball instead.

edit- do people play 16" softball outside of da Chi??

nope. under rated. maybe over rated amongst scenesters, or younger, " in the know" people, but slept on by a lot more people out side of that.

it has an enormous cult following that doesn't even understand the basic themes, yet insists that you see it at once. it's ultimately disappointing when people build it up.

nope. under rated. maybe over rated amongst scenesters' date=' or younger, " in the know" people, but slept on by a lot more people out side of that.[/quote']

that's 'cos it sucked.

fuck y'all circle jerking baseball playin faggots hating on this movie

its nothing special, but its good

haters

no wonder Ch0 sucks :shakehead:

so... someone explain it to me... because it seems like it's just some over-the-top flick that some dude wrote when he was feeling really lonely and regretful about shit he's done in his past. then he threw in time travel, god, schizophrenia and jake glynnenhol to make it accessable to 'disenfrancised' youth.

i mean... i didn't hate that shit. i just never thought it was worth putting that much thought into.

so... someone explain it to me... because it seems like it's just some over-the-top flick that some dude wrote when he was feeling really lonely and regretful about shit he's done in his past. then he threw in time travel, god, schizophrenia and jake glynnenhol to make it accessable to 'disenfrancised' youth.

i mean... i didn't hate that shit. i just never thought it was worth putting that much thought into.

from what i understand, its not about the girl at all

donnie darko is a superhero who saves the world from collapsing, cuz parallel universes were opened and coexisted at the same time

you gotta listen to the directors commentary and do some research here and there

apperently it clicks right in after that tho

i still gotta re watch it after my buddy told me what its really about

donnie darko has the power to save the world

everything else that happens is just a guide for him to get to that goal

never seen the movie' date=' should i?[/quote']

yes its pretty entertaining, even if u are a little confused

i dont know what it is that people hate on

i've heard good things about the flick, but never bothered to rent it. one of these days i will

it has an enormous cult following that doesn't even understand the basic themes.

and then

i still have to rewatch it after my friend told me what its all about.

hahahahahahaah

Guest Ginger Bread Man

this movie is kick ass. it usually sits in my "im watching this movie again tonight section"

so would someone enlighten me and explain the true moral of the story?

this movie is kick ass. it usually sits in my "im watching this movie again tonight section"

so would someone enlighten me and explain the true moral of the story?

too much typing if someone else doesnt do it, ill explain it at work monday

If it's impossible to understand what the director was trying to do without having him fucking spell it out in the commentary, I don't think he did a very good job.

Maggie Gylenhall is insanely hot, though.

Yeah, I sorta feel that if the average dude can't explain the point of a movie and you have to listen to an hour and a half of a director's contrived commentary to 'get it' that just means it's a clusterfuck of poorly arranged ideas that never really hit the target.

Unless you're David Lynch.. because that dude's the Salvador Dali of movies so he gets a pardon.

i fell asleep watching it..but the time that i did see..didnt make me wanna watch the rest

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now