its too bad you cant drink in public...

boogie hands

...because its probably going to be a great evening to walk around and drink a couple of beers. its funny that i can get hammered as long as there is a barrier of some sort around me and the other people drinking but if i step out of that barrier with a drink its illegal. anyway...i guess im going to have to go by 7-eleven and pick up one of those soda cups for overweight people.

p.s.- this is what comes up when i google image "silly laws".

sheepsies.jpg

of course some laws seem silly but are obviously there to protect us....or sheep.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

me and my friend had htis conversation the other day about the "open container law"

then we thought wait aminute if we can walk out of wetwillies and fattuesdays with a alcoholic drink thats in a cup is that considered an open container aswell? then we came to the conclusion that a cup is not an open container (cuz it has nothing to close it up with or did not have to be opened in the 1st place) so technically u can drink whatever u want from it. beer liqour etc.

i have put this law to test, cops never say shit to me when i walk around with a cup of beer.

EVER.

i assume the cup cant have a lid. but i dontknwo about this one. kinda fishy.

i got pulled over with a 6 pack in my car. I had one missing out of the 6 pack and the cop told me that was considered an open container. I was like "Get outta here. For real?" I didnt get into any trouble for that but does anyone know if this is for real or has ever heard anything about it.

all you need to do is put the liquor in a non liquor container.

u know i had a run in with this attempt too

i had vodka in a orange juice container mixed ofocurse. and the cop who rushed us cuz he thought we where selling drugs said

U CANT HAVE that ITS AN OPEN CONTAINER seeeeeeee.

so my friend threw it in the canal

and then he said

"what are you an idiot"

i have been hassled for street drinking a stupid amount of times. i dont see the big deal. i even got a 24hour ban from the city center for having one long neck. i had managed to get the top back on before the cops got to us so they couldnt actually charge me for street drinking.

also on the barrier tip. there is a bar i drink at quite a lot that has seating outside on the street. we sit out there beause its dope and you can see all the shit happening as the night goes on. anyway. its legal to drink in the bar (obviously), its legal to drink at the tables but it is ILegal to chill in the two meters between the outside of the bar and where the tables are. the law is fucking stupid.