they never even had a chance...

DETO

i know i'm a little late on some of these shows, and some of you may have already discused this, but so many good and some great tv shows get cancelled so early. about 6 months ago, i picked up both seasons of Arrested Development on dvd and just loved the show, it was critically acclaimed and had it's fans, but gets the axe in it's third season. and for the 3 seasons it was on air, it was never in a permanent location. it was on on sunday, than wednesday, than friday, and thursday, back to friday... what the hell? and also, i saw a few episodes on it's original run, but i just yesterday picked up Freaks and Geeks on dvd and i love it. what other tv shows, got cancelled too early?

discuss...

i hope The War at Home gets picked up for a second season.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Althouhg "Married With Children" dragged on forever...i can honestly say each season was pure undeniable GOLD. i'd give up any 3 current shows to bring back Al Bunddy. straight up. "Salute Your Shorts" was awesome...as i remember it, have no idea if i would ever find it entertaining again though?

Man, so many... Some of these should have been cancelled, but because the writing took a turn for the worse:

-Titus

-Baywatch Hawaii

-Cybill

-Mortal Kombat

-Stripperella

-Sex and the City

-Michael Moore's TV Nation

-Sliders

-Law & Order: Conviction

-8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter

-Ben Stiller Show (this show was hilarious)

-Love Monkey

-History Bites (though I think it might be back)

-Rome (not sure if it has been cancelled yet, though)

-Herman's Head

-Batman: The Animated Series

-Boomtown

-Grounded for Life

-X-Files

-My So-Called Life (good show, minus the fag)

-Firefly

-Andy Richter Controls the Universe

Americans suck.

• 3 weeks later...

cast.jpg

WHO REMEMBERS WHEN THEY HYPED THIS PIECE OF TRASH UP? I KNEW IT WAS GOING OFF THE AIR, BUT IT WENT OFF SOONER THAN I THOUGHT. THEY ONLY SHOWED 5 EPISODES (OUT OF 13).

A LOT OF SHOWS ARE RIGHTFULLY TAKEN OFF THE AIR.

THEY SHOULD'VE KEPT CEDRIC THE ENTERTAINER'S SKETCH-COMEDY, AND THAT WAYANS "MY WIFE AND KIDS" SHOW. THOSE WERE GREAT SHOWS.

SOMEBODY NEEDS TO PULL THE PLUG ON CARLOS MENCIA.

Man, so many... Some of these should have been cancelled, but because the writing took a turn for the worse:

-Titus

-Baywatch Hawaii

-Cybill

-Mortal Kombat

-Stripperella

-Sex and the City

-Michael Moore's TV Nation

-Sliders

-Law & Order: Conviction

-8 Simple Rules for Dating My Teenage Daughter

-Ben Stiller Show (this show was hilarious)

-Love Monkey

-History Bites (though I think it might be back)

-Rome (not sure if it has been cancelled yet, though)

-Herman's Head

-Batman: The Animated Series

-Boomtown

-Grounded for Life

-X-Files

-My So-Called Life (good show, minus the fag)

-Firefly

-Andy Richter Controls the Universe

Americans suck.

Cybil, MK, BAYWATCH HAWAII, Stripperella?!?!?!?!?!? OMG WTF?????????

Anyone catch that new show Loop.

Its pretty funny, the boss character has me laughing.

I also don't mind How I met your mother but only bacuse of Neil Patrick Harris' character.

I heard that HBO or showcase might be picking up Arrested Development but who knows.

RIP Arrested.

I have the box set to Freaks and it is a good show if you like Wonder Year kinda shows.

Undeclared wasn't as good, it was a feeble attempt to revive Freaks and Geeks and failed. Why cancel a great show then a few years later try to bring it back-take the loss and keep it running.

Arrested Development was a huge dissapointment when canceled...shit I barely watched it because I rarely wacth TV, but so many people I know did, and when I watched I loved it. I really think that because the viewers who embraced it typically were young and likely informed and cynical, it didn't have much market value for large dumb product companies.