I make the best salmon.

GLIK$

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

smoked salmon is the word

yeh like d-crunch said on a bagel w/cream cheese, but next time add a slice of pineapple. This truly is the ultimate combo.

Btw glicko id bet you a case of cherry tomatos that my salmon is better. A peppercorn brown sugar rub and into the smoker grill with some maple wood. Cha ching. Now we're talking money.

i eat salmon atleast twice a week...

pineapple teriyaki sauce + salmon, grilled (seasoned with some salt and pepper)

grilled asparagus

then i take the asparagus thats grilled, cut up a medium sized tomatoes in chunks..... fry it a bit with olive oil and add a lil of that pineapple teriyaki sauce...

pour the veggies over your salmon and have a lil sauce on the side for dippin.

its healthy and delicious.

I am aiming for this tonight...or something close enough to it.

pineapple teriyaki sauce :idea:

Damn food threads

I'm heading out to buy some salmon now

i heard salmon was the bad one. i don't know.

i mean, i'm not going to actually avoid it for that reason.

i had the best whole tilapia at thai place a couple months ago. it was kind of a bitch to pick apart, but it was delicious. and probably grossed out my girlfriend.

mercury levels increase in bottomfeeders and those fish who are on the top of the food chain..because they eat large amounts of other fish with small quantities of mercury.. this addss up..

so like cod...and tuna have high mercury levels..

salmon can be bad because they fresh water farm it badly and feed it all types of weird chemicals in these overcrowded bacteria filled holding tanks.. its just not healthy.. they dont get enough nutrients and therefore arent healthy so theyre pale.. the orange color in salmon is due to a vitamin.. so they inject them with fake color to compensate.

anybody had swordfish steak? id say it rivals tuna steak and grilled salmon in the seafood department...

...but its true, red meat > seafood anyday.

swordfish is absolutely terrible eating (as are all billfish/marlin). most tunas aren't that great either, albacore tuna is the best, but most of what you eat is yellowfin, somtimes bluefin . They're good for processing and sashimi.

salmon is in a legue of its own.