XBOX

FLiPWriTeR

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Originally posted by The Helacious Dr. Dazzle

Fuck that. It'll be out of business in a year. PS2 is the king of video game systems

PS2 is lookin to come up on top. its got metal gear solid 2, final fantasy x, and already a bunch of other good games....and what does xbox have? oddworld is the only good looking xbox game i've seen. and then gamecube.....i havent seen a single game for that hunk of crap that i would be willing to shell out 50 bucks for.....

if youre into the final fantasy series, be aware that square may eventually start making its games for the xbox...game developers have been hailing the xbox since it is so flexible to work with...xbox is the most powerful game console and game developers like that power....

Originally posted by sectorTVA

if youre into the final fantasy series, be aware that square may eventually start making its games for the xbox...game developers have been hailing the xbox since it is so flexible to work with...xbox is the most powerful game console and game developers like that power....

shit, thats what i was afraid of. see im definately buying a PS2 for FFX and Metal Gear Solid 2, but then if Square goes to XBox, i will be forced to buy one of those as well. But then i can only afford one system. I wish microsoft hadnt come along and complicated everything. damn

i dont know. i was at the mall looking at the back of the box on one of those x box games. looked like some super nintendo graphics to me.... ps2 is good, but there need to be more realistic violence type games. i'm sick of little kid fantasy games, sports games, and driving ones. zzzz

they need to make a new MANIAC MANSION!

Originally posted by seven six two

i dont know. i was at the mall looking at the back of the box on one of those x box games. looked like some super nintendo graphics to me....

they need to make a new MANIAC MANSION!

super nintendo is better than xbox.

dont buy an xbox. the only thing im afraid of is the fact that bill gates has enought money to buy out all the good developers with his dirty money. stay true to your roots, buy nintendo and ps

i dont know...i deffinately would consider buying an xbox over ps2 or gamecube...microsoft taylored the fucker to meet gamers' needs...the controller was designed with regards to what a couple thousand gamers had in mind...ive tried the xbox out already, and while the demo i played (munchs odyssey) was not my thing, i thought the controller was deffinately the most comfortable ive held ever. it also has an extralong cable. the hardware itself is amazing to me...PC power in a console dedicated to games...it has an intel PIII in it, nvidia graphics chipset, and a 4(?) gig harddrive....this thing is a beast...i like the ps2 though...its tough to decide...sony has great games comming out with great developers, but it doesnt mean xbox wont get those games too...microsoft has already signed most major game developers...there probably will be alot of competion between the xbox and ps2, esspecially if the xbox is competively priced...as for nintendo and the gamecube....ive lost much of my faith in nintendo after the 64, it seems they cater most their games (not all) towards younger folks. gameboy advance is ill though. if nintendo starts to wisen their game production i might eventually get a game cube, but not likely...xbox or ps2 for me...ill have to decide on day, i only plan on getting one or the other. im going to wait 6 monthes or so in order to see what the game market holds in my interest...right now its 50/50...im a big final fantasy fan, and if square releases X for the xbox also i might side with microsoft...if not ps2 is it for me...other benifits of ps2 are crosscompatiblity, so i can play all my old PS games on the ps2 with semi-improved graphics, another excellent selling point. microsoft always has to screw things up and make purchasing a console more complicated...its too bad sega crapped out on the dreamcast, otherwise id get one for 70 bucks, butthe game selection for DC sucks locally right now...they only stock about 5 DC games in most places, and walmart doesnt even sell DC shit anymore...fuckers...i welcome the competition the xbox will bring...

Originally posted by Xeroshoes

and then gamecube.....i havent seen a single game for that hunk of crap that i would be willing to shell out 50 bucks for.....

gamecube games are looking sharp. they showed some demos at the past E3 expo in LA. its a very powerful system also, but im just worried that nintendo will release a ton of kiddy games (pokemon?!) oh well...pick up an EGM, tons of good info on all upcoming and present systems and games for all systems....

Archived