attention all skate dorks

graffitiSUX

the leap of faith has finally been landed successfully. most of you should remember jamie thomas attempting it in the zero vid, and you may have heard of the crazy texan that tried it and put his shins through his kneecaps. well, i'm not gunna give up the name of the culprit (some of you may already be privvy to the information, for those that aren't keep biting those fingernails), but you will be able to see the finished product in 'chomp on this' when it hits the shelves, which also has a full jamie thomas and eric koston parts.

prepare for the hammers.

http://orbita.starmedia.com/skateboarding5/h7.jpg'>

pic for those that don't know what the leap of faith is

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

sick sick sick

i watched some kid switch ollie the love park fountain gap a few weeks ago (the huge gap kerry gets kickflipped). then i was walking by again last week and the same kid was almost landing switch kickflips at that gap. i left because it was pretty cold out, i wouldnt doubt it if he made it, dude was getting close. fucking nutty.

Originally posted by Harpo Marx

That's crazy! Yeah man, the mexican guy's leg exploded like a bone grenade. Gross. Who landed it? Thomas? I want details!

no details. haha. a friend of mine in cali went to the premier and told me about it. make sure to get chomp on this when it comes out. its dope.

chomp chomp chomp

Guest HESHIANDET

lets just say a love park gap session went down this weekend. senor andrew renyolds frontside flipped the bitch and a heap of other people did a heap of other shit.

didn't you guys hear? tony hawk did a 900 off the leap of faith, then chad muska did it while holding a 200 pound boom box, then peter smolik and lil' b both did it at the same time while throwing up the west side signs. then bam margera did it on a dirt board and they filmed it for jackass, then i did it but my boy who was filming didn't have a fish-eye lense on his camera so i was like "yo i can't use this footage this is wack." plus, i did the leap of faith back when i was hip hop and i still wore gold chains when i skated. but now that baker 2g came out, i wear skin tight pants and ramones shirts with the sleeves cut off, so i gotta film it again with my new look, plus my boy needs to put the fish eye on the camera.

there's so much fuckin hype around skateboarding these days.

Originally posted by garcia_vega

didn't you guys hear? tony hawk did a 900 off the leap of faith, then chad muska did it while holding a 200 pound boom box, then peter smolik and lil' b both did it at the same time while throwing up the west side signs. then bam margera did it on a dirt board and they filmed it for jackass, then i did it but my boy who was filming didn't have a fish-eye lense on his camera so i was like "yo i can't use this footage this is wack." plus, i did the leap of faith back when i was hip hop and i still wore gold chains when i skated. but now that baker 2g came out, i wear skin tight pants and ramones shirts with the sleeves cut off, so i gotta film it again with my new look, plus my boy needs to put the fish eye on the camera.

there's so much fuckin hype around skateboarding these days.

what the hell?

sorry for my sarcastic rant. i guess i'm just one of those people who's still freaked out at how mainstream skating has become. it's so wierd to me that some one does a gap now and kids all around the country know about it before the videos are even out. and also, i remember when skaters were skaters, but now there's all these little factions within skateboarding--like thug skaters, punk rock skaters and stuff like that. i think it's cool that people do such big stuff now, but i wonder how many of these tricks are just motivated by "get the hammer on film so i can get paid" i guess i just can't relate to skating now at all.

i think it's just as good as it is bad about the whole mainstream deal.

for years (the majority of the 90's) people were complaining that pro's don't get paid enough for all the shit they're doing, they're getting no health insurance etc etc etc. now people are getting paid major dollars (just look at dyrdek) and alot of the top guys will be able to relax when their career is over (like most other professional athletes). let's face it, how many people would prematurely commit themselves to a wheelchair if they didn't have to? do you reckon tony hawk is going to be walking upright at 50 years old?

it's also good that there is alot of money in skateboarding because its opens alot of different people up to the great feeling that comes from rolling along on that glorified plank of wood. you can't argue with the fact that people like eric koston, jamie thomas, bob burnquist, and of course tony hawk, are getting recognised (and paid accordingly) for the effort they are putting in. it's just a pity it didn't happen sooner when people like pat duffy, jeremy wray and the like were at the top of the game. i, for one, hope it keeps up its growing pace.

i suppose that the increase in popularity has been good for the sport in a way. but, one of the things i used to love about skating was the underground aspect of it. when i saw guys who u mentioned like pat duffy or jeremy wray doing all these tricks, i knew it was cause they just skated like there was no tomorrow. or you can go back even further and look at dudes like gonz or matt hensley--i'm sure they didn't care about cashing in on skating, and i think the stuff they did for the time still hasn't been surpassed by anyone yet. the thing that bums me out is i wonder how many of the pros now actually give a shit about skating, and how many are filming hammers with the intention of making money. pros are taking sponsorships from anyone-sunglasses companies, watch companies, etc. and to me it just seems like a lot of them don't have any integrity. if i was making a good living just from skating my board sales, and my skateboard related sponsors, i wouldn't be in some bullshit ad trying to push oakley blades. i guess you have to take the bad with the good.

Guest HESHIANDET

hey, i was just passing the gossip down from my roomate. hes the one who gets free shit, and is in the know. i never skate anymore. if i do im at fdr, so lick em.....

Kinds of skaters.

1. Pop skaters- Use world industries, and used to rollerblade untill their freinds started skateing.

2. Hippie skaters- usually older, but hippes, who skate.

3. Hip hop skaters- Always use the most expensive osiris gear.

4. nerd skaters - wear glasses, and dont really wear skate shoes.

5. Metal head skaters - slways at the park with black t shirts that say ozzie, or metallica. And usually long hair.

5. Middle class white skaters - Wear expensive skate clothes, and look more like jocks then anything else.

If i forgot any, add em.

HA THE PIC LOOKS LIKE FRANKIE HILL..WELL SEE IF HE LANDS AN PUTS HIS HANDS DOWN TO KEEP HIS BALANCE.I DONT KNOW IT LOOKS LIKE WILLY SANTOS OR SOME SHIT ALSO.. MAYBE EVEN JERRY HSU....BRING BACK ANDY ROY...DRINK PUKE FUCK PAINT---ODESK-6FK,MDS!!

Guest professor poopatronic
Originally posted by suburbian bum

Kinds of skaters.

5. Middle class white skaters - Wear expensive skate clothes, and look more like jocks then anything else.

If i forgot any, add em.

that's me! except my expensive gear isn't made by skate companies.

whats up with the new antihero video? is it out yet? word on the street (and in the magazines) is it won't be sold for more than five bucks anywhere.

Re: backside nollie heelflip......

Originally posted by sexecutioner

soon ali boulalas style will be ' all the rage".

MUSKA IS OLD NEWS.

in my opinion, muska has been old news since he left toy machine. he's good and all, but i think the kids were more into his image than his skating.

emo/mod skaters- pants too tite too short, vegan.

(sub categories include: pyros (kirchart), art fags (templeton)

the kem5 lookalike- eric koston hands down, i wouldnt be surprised if they are the same, gods gift to everything (*this is subtle jealousy)

thrashers for jesus *krsna, buddha, or allah- thomas, zipp, tsocheff (always wears classic rock t's and prays after a session, realizes it is their duty to skate well, and has conflict between the pro lifestyle and spirituality)

hessians- maiden and mesh caps.

"Just for Fun" Skater - These are the guys who enjoy skating but are terrible at it. They can ollie (sometimes) and know a couple of tricks, but they rarely land anything worth talking about. They skate, on average, about two times a month. Clothing consists of whatever they can afford.

This group includes me.

Archived