Graffiti in Greece

tas

What's up guys, anyone having heard about the country of Greece? Our country is currently visited by well-known writers from Germany, Denmark, NYC, Holland & more... Writers like Bates, Kacao77, How & Nosm, Deko & many more came up, painted in many walls of Greek cities & gave to the greek guys here a reason to start painting or continue till ... It's sad but many greek writers are not writers, just good biters! I am waiting for all the visitors to post replies about their beliefs of biting, or if someone visited Greece to post some of his thoughts about the greek Graffiti Scene of our country

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest imported_Tesseract

Tas, this is one of the stupidiest ways to introduce your self and your country.

By asking if anyone has heard of greece i can assume two things,

1 you might be thinking that you address to a bunch of morons or 2 you really believe that you are living in a place that doesnt deserve to be known.

I strongly disagree with both.

Toys and biters exist everywhere, every country has its own and unfortunatelly they seem to be the majority of any scene.

Your attitude is disrespectfull for the writers of your country, kids that actually kept the whole thing moving those few years that greece has a scene.

Especially when your own pieces on your site dont exactly allow you to judge in such a way.

I checked your site very carefully and i saw that you're mostly interested on documenting the work of 'famous' writers from around the globe that painted a few pieces in greece than document the greek scene over the years.

I dont have a problem with that if you were doing it properly.

But it seems that you dont.

If you are willing to introduce Bates and the other guys, do your homework and upload a full set of flicks from their work.

And if you're willing to represent greece through your site try to find flicks that really worth it, i know there are a few.

I can only give you credit for covering lots of cities in your site than the two major ones. But then again its an omission not to cover those two since the big ammount of graffiti in greece exists there.

Anyway, enough said. Its your site, its your call and luckily there are also other people pepresenting greece.

Does anyone ever wonder if kids in like Greece or Italy or Spain or Brazil, etc, do the same shit as North American kids? Like do they chill with their friends, drink, do drugs, go to parties, paint, cause meaningless destruction, skate, and have sex? I'm sure they do, but it's weird to think about shit like that. When I'm stoned I think about stupid shit like that all the time......

Well, Tesseract, I agree with some of the things i read in your post. I don't want to say that my country is a country that doesn't deserve to be known, but I know many guys from outta Greece that came here & saw some pieces from the "old" & "cool" graffiti writers of Greece & just added on their list some more biters,...

If you want to check some greek walls & tell me your opinion, to all of you, then just type the URL: http://www.tha4elements.8m.net/walls.html

Well, Athens is the capital of Greece & Thessaloniki is the semi-capital. If you are gonna visit Thessaloniki you can just mail me at tas@tha4elements.8m.net. Me & my man Paks (Tha 4 Elements team / http://www.tha4elements.8m.net) we are the owners of the first hiphop store of Greece. If you'll come, we can arrange to go for some pieces if you like... More info you can find on our website

• 8 years later...

hi, just came to samos pythagorion and was wandering where to buy paint on this island? tried to google with no results. i was a little sceptic about chances of painting before i came here, but i saw few pieces here and there and picked up quite a few good possible spots while visiting vathi/samos. company would also be apreciated, but now i would like to have few cans.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Toys and biters exist everywhere, every country has its own and unfortunatelly they seem to be the majority of any scene.

Your attitude is disrespectfull for the writers of your country, kids that actually kept the whole thing moving those few years that greece has a scene.

Especially when your own pieces on your site dont exactly allow you to judge in such a way.

I checked your site very carefully and i saw that you're mostly interested on documenting the work of 'famous' writers from around the globe that painted a few pieces in greece than document the greek scene over the years.

I dont have a problem with that if you were doing it properly.

Pandora Jewellry,Pandora Pendants Sale,Pandora Beads Charms

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived