who am i? DRI

podrido

The DIRTY ROTTEN IMBECILES' history begins on May 2, 1982 around 4:00pm, in the city of Houston,TX. It was on this day that the musically aggressive quartet we now know as D.R.I. made their first Dirty Rotten noise and called it a song. Back then it was Spike Cassidy (guitar), Kurt Brecht (vocals), Eric Brecht (drums), and Dennis Johnson (bass).

The group started practicing at Kurt and Eric's parents home, where the brothers lived amongst the "Madman" (their father). They practiced a few nights a week around 5:00pm, just as the Madman would be on his way home from a hard day at work. He would open his front door only to be blasted with 120db of the band's horrendous attempt to make music. The Madman would then pound on their jam room door until he was let in so that in turn, he could throw them out of his house calling them such things as "... you bunch of dirty rotten imbeciles". This is how D.R.I. got their name.

anyways

anyone into this shit

i dont know why im talking about dri at 5 am but i guess it has to do with the beer.

my fav album was the dirty rotten lp

and then ofcourse thrash zone.

fun days

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: who am i?

HOT SHOT!

glad I checked this thread.... because DRI used to be my #1 favorite band.

dri.jpg

I remember having every lyric and note on this album memorized,

but at the same time hating it because they were 'going a little pop' in my eyes.

dri_thrashzone.jpg