X men 3

Spruce Lee

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally saw it yesterday' date=' and I must've walked in with the lowest expectations, cause I actually liked it a lot. I knew the dialogue and writing would be awful, so I just kinda tuned that shit out and focused on what was cool.[/quote']

thats what u gotta do. people be expecting movies to actually be good an' shit.

Mark Millar:

Okay, I'm sure most of you saw the item on AICN yesterday that Preacher might be heading for HBO. The rumour seemed a little flimsy as it was all third-hand info so I thought I'd check in with the Irishman himself and see what the situation was. I thought director Rachel Talalay and Electric Entertainment were still attached, but Garth told me they haven't been involved with the property for well over a year now and it's very much up for grabs. As for the notion of an HBO production, he says he knows very little about this, but-- like me-- feels that Preacher would be brilliantly served on Television.

As much as I love Preacher, I've always been nervous about the idea of a movie because the idea of squeezing sixty-plus issues into a two hour plot is everything that annoyed me about Constantine, From ***, V, etc. Preacher wouldn't cost much to make and is a slow, unfolding character drama perfectly suited to television. It's a serial and, re-reading those comics, it's a bloody HBO serial. Imagine the care and attention that went into The Sopranos or Deadwood going into this, the best comic of the 90s. A big budget movie would focus on all the least interesting aspects of the book (the Heaven and *** stuff) and totally miss the great characters and situations that Garth and Steve unfolded over five years. Jodie? TC? Starr? The Saint of Killers? I want this on my goggle-box now.

PS If somebody could pass this along as an update to Harry, Quint or Moriarty I'd be much obliged because I don't think those guys have any contact for Garth and they're obviously excited enough about the possibility of the project to post the original rumour.

the movie is fucking with my comic memories !!!

what did xavier do ? switch bodies? pheonix dead?wtf cyclops dead? pshh

wolverine a big hearted puss? i dont think so. the make like magneto isnt that great in the 3rd one.. like all he can control is metal... bullshit. he has the power to control magnetic fields and that gives him a good stand on being badass

fuck that movie for making me wait for the next one to come out. iceman finally reaches his true form and it was for what... 5 seconds of the movie

non of them are dead and when is rogue gonna start flying dammit?!

they need a new actor for iceman, cause the kid who plays him is a f a g g o t.

Have you read X-Men lately? Aparrently, he kind of is one, because he's a fucking pussy.I

hate Bobby Drake. and yes, way too many characters to fit into a 107 minute movie.Kelsey Grammer and whoever played

Pyro were terrible.I hope Colossus gets to bang Kitty in the next one..And that the reincarnation of the Professor turns

out to be a bad guy..Onslaught is a bit much, but something like it might be fun.But like I said, they went

the Claremont Drama route, so people are going to be a little pissed.

I think Rogue needs to imprint someone who actually has cool powers before she gets to fly..Secondary

mutations would make a great storyline for the next one.

They're making a movie out of it. Trying to pack it into a 2 hour film, makes me sick. Alan Moore disowned it already and it's not even filming yet. If they make another X-Men film, I hope they do Apocalypse. Cassandra Nova was a good arc, also, but it might be too recent for a movie and they'd have to introduce the Shi'aar.

I never liked the Shi'aar. I stopped reading Claremont's current run on X-Men because of that and because of the whole arc where Marvel Girl becomes a dinosaur. The Cassandra Nova arc was great' date=' though.[/quote']

anything that has to do with x-men and space is stupid in my oppinion. The time travel was ok by me.

Man' date=' they went to space before that. Cassandra Nova was in 2001.[/quote']

Have you read X-Men: The End? That shit is fucking

gangsta.The story's about 10 years in their futures, and

At least half the roster gets killed, in an insane plot thet involves

the Shi'ar, Kree, Skrulls, And the Phoenix..Then we find out it was all

orchestrated by Cassandra Nova..Claremont went for broke on it..The

series is about to wrap up, you should check it out...Uncanny's starting to

pick up again, too.

Man' date=' they went to space before that. Cassandra Nova was in 2001.[/quote']

oh i know. they went to space before i was even reading. believe me im more of a nerd then i let on. Online and in real life.

the only (mainstream) comic i tollerate space from is superman, and that shits stupid anyway so i dont really care. Spiderman space stuff is passable. But in x-men, c'mon thats just lame there's so much more you can do without introducing aliens. :yuck:

I've been saying this since the first one.

Might be cool, except that that introduces a whole new set of issues,

Mr. Sinister, and how to introduce him, being one of them..

not to mention the 4 Horsemen..

Don't get me wrong, I love the Apocalypse storyline, but if they had

this hard of a time with the Phoenix, how the fuck are they going

to pull that off?

Have you read X-Men: The End? That shit is fucking

gangsta.The story's about 10 years in their futures, and

At least half the roster gets killed, in an insane plot thet involves

the Shi'ar, Kree, Skrulls, And the Phoenix..Then we find out it was all

orchestrated by Cassandra Nova..Claremont went for broke on it..The

series is about to wrap up, you should check it out...Uncanny's starting to

pick up again, too.

I have the first couple of issues of the new "The End" series, but I couldn't get too far into them because of all the shit with the Shi'aar. I guess I'll give it another try. I have a stack of comics about half a foot high that I need to read, got backed up during finals.

MAR: You should pick up 30 Days of Night: Dead Space. 3 issue miniseries, just came out. Vampires on a spaceship, it doesn't get any better.

• 5 months later...