Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

i hate shit talking, but i love irony. irony is: the "New" Era straight recycling shit without a filter. whats "new" or has ever been "new" about any of yous's stuff ? to whoever painted those characters, seriously. they're straight casper rip offs painted really awkwardly. theres one character in particular that he painted at arch st back in the day that strangely enough had the identical posture... yours guyses letters are a whole nother can of worms. you guys not consider it biting if you go back X # of years?

i hate shit talking' date=' but i love irony. irony is: the "New" Era straight recycling shit without a filter. whats "new" or has ever been "new" about any of yous's stuff ? to whoever painted those characters, seriously. they're straight casper rip offs painted really awkwardly. theres one character in particular that he painted at arch st back in the day that strangely enough had the identical posture... yours guyses letters are a whole nother can of worms. you guys not consider it biting if you go back X # of years?[/quote']

Thats pretty rediculous. New Era's styel is blatently from New Britan and has been consistant for years.

i hate shit talking' date=' but i love irony. irony is: the "New" Era straight recycling shit without a filter. whats "new" or has ever been "new" about any of yous's stuff ? to whoever painted those characters, seriously. they're straight casper rip offs painted really awkwardly. theres one character in particular that he painted at arch st back in the day that strangely enough had the identical posture... yours guyses letters are a whole nother can of worms. you guys not consider it biting if you go back X # of years?[/quote']

if its anything ive learned in the graffiti scene, its to keep your opinion on others work to your self...

no matter what you dont like...theres always gonna be someone else who does like it, and vice versa.

But honestly, do you think I, or anyone else in The New Era cares if you think we aint "new" or if you think we bit off a casper character? We know what we do, we know our influences, we know who we liked seeing peices by as we came up, we also know what just pops in our heads while painting on the fly, YOU dont know any of that, so why try to come up with an excuse or reason as to what we're doing? What are you doing?

Its almost as if its a popular thing to come up with a new writer that we are "biting", ive heard it all from ebis to reo to ekai to ouija....whats it gonna be this year, casper? Make up your minds allready....honestly, and maybe some of you will take this the wrong way, but by no means am I trying to sound cocky, I honestly feel that the people hatin on what The New Era has produced are just jelouse...we <i>do</i> got talent, and I feel the ones who may be jelouse are jelouse of the fact that this no body crew named "the new era" have come up and are doing things that they cant.....and a lot of you reading this can probably come up with someone who's been painting for 10+ years who cant do some of the things we've done...again im not trying to toot my own horn, but you guys should know what im takling about....

We got nothing but respect for EVERYONE in the scene, i dont care if you just started painting, or if you've been doing it your whole life, we pay respect were respect is due.....maybe not today, but one day, The New Era will earn your respect too, and you will see it goes a lot deeper than opening your photo album and pointing to a flick and saying "oh thats who new era bit today"..

There is one thing though that I want to make clear, we dont go by the name "The New Era" becasue we are claiming to be bringing a "new" style or whatever, we go buy it because we are the new graffiti era in this area .....the people in this crew, are the ones comming in after the Hi-Crew Era and the TKOE and the ASK era....we grew up seeing vezo, marz, beam, faze, reo, dek, sae, esin, spie, and irm bombs/peices...

Well I hope that cleared some things up about us, cuz for real, im getting tired of hearing excuses and reasons as to what we are painting, and really getting tired of hearing the "bite" word, but i mean its whatever, The New Era will keep doing our thing..too those who like it, thanks, we really appreciate it, to those who dont, thats cool too, we're just one crew in a big ocean of um in this great state of CT......

I never said casper wasnt from there..unless you were refering to someone else?

but as for the names....Daize made his name up when he was 10 years old...inck....made it up when he was 7.....we aint know bout graff outside of our area, so to us, the names are original...ya feel me?

Personally though, i dont feel the need to change the name if i know i came up with it on my own while still in elementary school......if that makes sense.....but at the same time we realize the problem with that, which is why its spelt daize,and inck now, with the adition of the numbers one million and one point one...it might not be what everyone would like but hey....

I think you New Era kids are doing some good stuff. I like the piece up there with the purple outline and crazy fill. I can't read it, but it's nice.

However, I think the letterboxed background has gotten a little tired. Especially the 3A Crew Paint Louis 2000 Redux you guys did a while back. I'd like to see New Era as a whole take the talent they have and apply it to more original ideas, rather than crutching on influences to get the point across. Use it as a stepping stone, not the basis of your productions/piece/whatever.

None of this is meant as a dis, just as constructive criticism from a long time local writer who sees that there's talent there and would like to see it used more effectively. Realize that while you may not think what you're doing is direct appropriation of someone elses work, graffiti is largely a spectator sport and public art is open to the harshest criticism. Take what you read in this thread as what is the opinion of the majority of your audience, and make changes accordingly. These are your peers, and I feel their opinion should count. If you don't care about what people think, that's great, but maybe you should move into painting on canvas in the privacy of your home, where public opinion doesn't matter. I don't give a shit what people think of my work, but i also approach my graff knowing that every writer in the area is going to see it, and i try to present them with the best, most original product possible. At least when I'm not blatantly appropriating connections from Askew SUK, but who can blame me.

PS.....I'm not sure if you can "bite" a B-boy character. That's been done to death since the 70's.

to whoever painted those characters, seriously. they're straight casper rip offs painted really awkwardly. theres one character in particular that he painted at arch st back in the day that strangely enough had the identical posture

The one done wiith the Dash piece? Identical posture, that's funny. It's a B-boy character in a B-boy stance.

I'll say it again....F for creativity' date=' Daze/Ink are taken. Don't speak on respect where you don't show it. And Casper is blatantly from CT and NE would have seen him coming up. Thanks for the display of knowledge.[/quote']

Hes right daze and ink have been rockin shit since the late 70s early 80s in NYC