Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

I dunno. I definitely agree with the no need for stupid banter thing, but I think discussion is good. Flicks are awesome of course, but I think flicks should start up a certain level of discussion and whatnot. Criticism or not...just discussion in general. It keeps graffiti fun, and keeps it moving--talking about the bends in this or that letter or whatever I don't think has to come off as insulting, but instead shows how deep graffiti goes and how well you can master the style you're trying to achieve. Countless volumes have been published that constructively criticize or applaud the intricacies of every kind of art form, and I just don't see why graffiti art should be excluded, especially considering that the discussion would come from fellow graffheads.

i want to discuss... legit.. "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" not everyone on here that bumps what you consider "garbage" is bumping it because it's their boy or whatever. Possibly it's because they truly see something they like in it... all those old trains and shit, whoever said that shit was TOY way back, and "Art School helped if anything" again, the eye of the beholder... what I see is raw, realness... before dudes we're all self conscience about every little fucking tidbit, when dudes just wanted to fucking see their name run and get satisfaction just off that, caring about what others think, and worrying about what others are getting "props for" is a waste of time, and it's holding you back. Learn to let it go, stay on your game, and follow the rules.

I totally agree, but for clarification...on the old trains, if your shit wasn't dope, it didn't run for a day. "following the rules" back then involved developing style, whether it was traditional or something entirely new...but if it wasn't there, then neither were you. Doing graffiti for yourself is definitely the object. In the opening words of our own 12 oz. homepage: "Graffiti is nothing if not a competition, and competition never ends." where has it gone!?

I can see the response to this post already..."YO FUCKHEAD, WHY DON'T YOU POST SOME OF YOUR OWN SHIT????!!!!"

...this post isn't meant to be egotistical or suggest that I have anything close to style--I guess I just think that it's competition and progression that puts the real "game" into graffiti, and it's something to think about.

Everyone on this board is trying to one up the cat who posted before them.

That can go two ways. Either push dudes to paint harder or just make them sour.

And bump that 5 dollar 1.5

PERSONALLY ..i just try to one up my last peice..most of the dudes on here are my boys...and do it for fun and love of graffiti..to each is own....im competing with myself..

PERSONALLY ..i just try to one up my last peice..most of the dudes on here are my boys...and do it for fun and love of graffiti..to each is own....im competing with myself..

Its supposed to be about the fun and love. But, a lot of dudes lost all of that as soon as they could hide behind a screen and post flicks. Im all for constructive criticism. Putting your flicks online opened that up. No crying if you cant take the heat.

Cats like Futura, Zephyr and Craze didnt need to show off their own flicks. The fact that they ran so long said it all.

Thats why I dont bump my own shit or even divulge my name. Id rather just be faceless in the back...no need for hype or praise.

I totally agree, but for clarification...on the old trains, if your shit wasn't dope, it didn't run for a day. "following the rules" back then involved developing style, whether it was traditional or something entirely new...but if it wasn't there, then neither were you. Doing graffiti for yourself is definitely the object. In the opening words of our own 12 oz. homepage: "Graffiti is nothing if not a competition, and competition never ends." where has it gone!?

I can see the response to this post already..."YO FUCKHEAD, WHY DON'T YOU POST SOME OF YOUR OWN SHIT????!!!!"

...this post isn't meant to be egotistical or suggest that I have anything close to style--I guess I just think that it's competition and progression that puts the real "game" into graffiti, and it's something to think about.

i agree. also agree with die, i'm my biggest enemy and worst critic, no one can one up me on how i feel about myself. there's a lot of pressure from every direction to do this, and do that, blah blah blah... do you, do what you feel, and if you aren't happy, don't do shit. bong bong bong, bill murray.

whatever. this forum has the potential for heads to discuss techniques, execution, history, style, the hardship of pulling some of this stuff off (without getting caught), etc. the majority of writers on here could use SOME improvement in their game. that's this board at its best.

Or you could fill it all up with shitty music video links, talk about how much herbs cost, bump this, bump that and a list of names, "whoa, i'm so drunk right now, look my words are on the computer!", terrified conspiracy theory talk, and gay highschool politics. It's a collective choice, and it's not being used to its potential.

God fucking help us if someone says anything about color, blends, letterform, lighting, shadows, hi-lights, 3d, perspective, when to use right left or center disappearing points, lean, bends, connections, and flow. I'd love to hear what my favorite writers have to say on these topics, but nobody can get a fuckin word in between bullshit and fighting. At least I can settle for seeing pics of their shit, since there's no discussion, but why should that be it? If 6 ppl "bump" something, then why not say what you like about it, not just another bump.

If you don't want to read about it, then skip over it. If anybody's running their mouthes on and on they should be contributing flicks. So here's a whole mess of them that i think burn, mostly stolen and reposted.

1jivrem.thumb.jpg.8ed9bd5c30c7e7d434dcaecd270ba5e1.jpg

005-9.jpg.b80f3f8c364fe6eaa9a72deba2c7a0dc.jpg

74_emit_scribe.jpg.ff06d2fd4e7d28ae03f219d45f01cb1b.jpg