Connect-i-cut.

Eastavenu

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
why do people continue to paint over pieces that they can't burn, don't

buff them all the way out, and then on top of it all then write

"no diss" next to their piece of shit.....

if you didn't even bring enough paint to cover the whole wall then don't

paint at all, save your money, come back when you can come correct.

co-signed 100%

the below GES is awesome. I remember when u and KEM came through danbury im guessing in 97 (i think this is when you rocked the bridge, maybe 96? my brain isnt what it once was), left stickers at the pet shop wall that lasted about 10 years...black stickers with white type. it was the first time i can remember seeing a writer with actual professional printed stickers. it inspired my partner mage to get a serious sticker fetish.

always really liked GES

ges01.jpg

and speaking of CT dudes who were great: Can someone post 50 EROS flix? he doesnt get talked about enough on here. with all the weiner licking amongst friends and bumping yourself and crew with multiple screen names (dont get offended im actually not talking about who u think im talking about) EROS kinda of gets left out. and he was really really good. from the 80's until now

1986!

1986eros_bee.jpg

1886!

1986eros-crew-shall-rain.jpg

1989eros-obelow.jpg

1989eros-ups.jpg

THE CREW! w/ SA 1991

1991eros-sa-colb-2.jpg

1991eros-imok.jpg

1989eros_werd.jpg

w/ SA

1991eros-sa-colab.jpg

1992eros-tecauto2.jpg

1992erosss.jpg

1993eros-ilikebigboobs.jpg

1993eros-spikes.jpg

dope work.

i feel like the old school stuff was so much more intricate and there was more technique and detail in those pieces. real fresh.

old school shit was more intricate for a few reasons in my opinion. one i feel like people just tried harder. for one, you were nt "up" or "recognized" unless people actually saw your shit everywhere. the internet, while i think has added alot to the graffiti game (please dont turn this into a bitching session about me hating on the internet) the internet has also allowed you to be known without being "up" so people dont have the same hunger to trek around in search of their passion. i dont have to troop the tracks to know whats going on in hartford, i can pop on here and see whats up from my hotel in LA. and to a degree that has made us much more eternal, the internet and digital photos in general have made graff lass situational and more global. im guilty of this too in the 90's i was hungry to troop tracks EVERYWHERE to look for spots, and in doing that i saw the markings of my predesessors adventure as well. i found JIVE pieces from abandoned buildings in bed stuy brooklyn to train tracks in new britainand EVERYWHERE in between.

the point is that i feel it meant more to old school dudes doing a piece because that piece took alot more effort to get accomplished...not in the dareing aspect because pooice work and cell phones have made it harder now, but when dudes like KEM and GES came to the danbury bridge to paint, that was a fucking mission...so they had to come correct on their pieces. i have seen GES stuff at basically every spot in CT i have ever been to over the years...same way i see EWOK or JIVE shit all the fuck over.

you also didnt SEE new graffiti unless you traveled. there were some mags and some video tapes but that was such a small sampling that honestly just let a fire to go find teh couple places featured in each publication because u knew there was a bunch more stuff there that wasnt in the mag.

the globalization of graffiti may have made the weak weaker and the strong stronger. what i mean is, if you are a 50% type writer half heartedly doing this the internet allows you to get your little bit of fame and back patting without very much effort...and the dudes who are really hungry and strong it pushes them to go harder because they can see and feed off of crazy shit others are doing all over teh world that they would have never seen.

just an opinion, hate away lol...but if we were all to combine mentalities of the old and new, everyone would benefit. myself included

i think that at the very least, old school fills were wayyyyy sicker and more creative than what's going on today. and that's not to say that the outlines and everything else weren't really fresh too. I think that in general, people hadn't yet fallen into a graffiti mold of what everyone thinks is sick and what everyone thinks isn't, and there was just more room for creativity to breathe. The contrast between now and then really shows. I don't mean to say that some really creative new styles aren't appearing today--I just think that more and more people are becoming concerned with what others think of their work and whether or not they will "approve"--when you don't think so much about that, your work just becomes more personal and funky, and I think it almost always comes out doper.

word, the fills were nuts, like a whole scenery inside a simple. its nuts, like the old emit, jive, cycle, all those dudes.

speaking of the old stuff..bump some ate.

0921091225.jpg

0921091222.jpg

I WANNA SEE WHAT USED TO BE HERE!

0920091233.jpg

TBM sticker?

and i started cleanin out my garage today so maybe i could use it to..ohh idk, fit my car into?

found two cans of cherry red and an orange..idk what it is..the barcode doesnt say the color, super oldschool. the bottom just has a stamp that says MANORANGE.

downsized_0929091344.jpg

07152008000224JAODBGraffiti.jpg.19213f1662d0e8160d403270e5c5038f.jpg

1064316919_R40Jesus-Christ-Posters.jpg.6c5e62976920560cdb4aee7dd7505ea0.jpg