The Soymilk/Ricemilk thread

DITDxCULT

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Commissioned by the FDA...

Well since this was authored by Lynda Bren, and Lynda Bren is a Staff Writer for the FDA consumer magazine. I guess you could say that it was commissioned. Although I found all the information I needed for your little oxygen bar essay in about 2 minutes from several other sources.

Good research though.

B ) Actually, they have, and it's not.

Also it took me about 5 seconds to find out that "as little as 30mg of soy isoflavones--the amount in 5-8 ounces of soy milk - have been proven to suppress thyroid function"

So bassically all you fat depressed bitches who claim to have hyperthyroidism, no soy for you.

Also if you have younger kids that are developing, taking kids off dairy and putting them on soy milk will weaken the digestive system.

Also, I want to point out I don't hate soymilk. Well I hate the way it tastes, but you guys can put whatever you want in your body. If it's an alternative for you then that's great, I don't think it tastes good with cereal or cookies or anything. Basically what I'm saying is, if you're drinking it because you think it's something special it's not. It has ups and downs like everything else.

Anywho, I'm going to go get my Non-organic milk and hormone infused steak from Wal-Mart now. Holler.

G

I don't know what to look for DITD. I don't like soymilk, but I like Tofu and can't really tell that much of a difference between brands. I haven't tried to make it myself yet, so I don't know what the real thing tastes like.

That said, the worst thing about milk is the presence of DIOXIN. Agent Orange. It concentrates in milkfat of cattle. Even organic cattle. Therefore, it's also the problem with cream, butter, and cheese. The paper industry in America is addicted to bleaching paper, and when the paper is burned it releases dioxins which spread with the plume of smoke all around contaminating the cattles food supply. They eat it and it gets passed along to us in the fat component of milk and tissue. The problem as I see it has to do with people in the rural areas being addicted to burning anything and everything as opposed to carring it to the dump. Whose to blame, they are, and we are as well, IMO, for not making a bigger issue of this. We have alot to own up to in this day and age, it's ridiculous that we have to pay to properly dispose of our waste. I linked the wiki, which coincidentally doesn't mention milk as a problem for the spread of dioxin. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dioxin

Sweet cream dreams.

I still drink and eat full fat milk product, which I try to buy locally and organic, but we all should be aware of any toxic material we are ingesting. You can also get dioxin from your vegetables so wash them before you use them.

east bay you're a total jackass hahahhaaa

yep,. sarcasm does not translate online

it took east bay a whole two seconds to find that shit?

it took me (0.07 seconds)

eastbay i can't believe you didn't go off on a rant about using soymilk for kids

it's very bad for them, and apparently not just the digestive system.

I understood the sarcasm, I didn't say that was you did I? No. I made a point that it's not hard to backup stupid lame facts using the internet. Oxygen bars are lame by the way...

I also don't seem to care about soymilk as deeply as you. Sorry.

And lens I do forgive you, she was cute though. We should of took her to the bat caves. ;)

Lens: Regular milk or soymilk? Try to stay on topic fuckass.

Regular Milk......I am trying to put on weight these days and I try to keep a jug of whole milk on hand for my protein shakes. Soy milk is OKAY for coffee but with regards to regualr run of the mill consumption.....no.

it has this greasy diesel fuel aftertaste to it that just doesn't quench the thrist.

Ha, if we had taken her with us to that freakin cave of yours she would have been like "Uh, so, okay, am I just going to watch you two paint for three hours or something?"

I'll dig up my pics from that trip when i have a chance.

Guest R@ndomH3ro
seriously.

A little part of me dies inside not being able to eat creamy delicious softserve.

Me and you both, lets get together and cry (no emo)

Most soymilk for a long time was just straight hurt, I can't tolerate anything that you can buy in those little rectangular non-refridgerated cartons. They're straight nasty, weird taste and horrible chalkiness. Across the board gross.

Silk is the best brand of soymilk, I go through a couple cartons of very vanilla a week. Silk creamer and the plain flavor of silk work really well to cook with too. I bought an ice cream maker recently and if you utilize a recipe that calls for eggs as an emulsifier, you can't tell the difference between soy and regular ice cream.

When I was in england last year there were some products that I wish we had over here. You could buy bottled soymilk smoothies with coconut and other fruit in it at the store next to my hotel. So good.