I'm about to break shit...(FUCK THE BANK THREAD)

OK, so last week I had 10 bucks in the checking account. Friday rolls around, getting ready to get paid so I check my accounts online. -68 dollars and some change. I'm ready to kill. Call the bank and bitch, I get a ONETIME COURTESY REFUND for the non suffiecent funds fee that they hit me when I had 10 dollars in the account. I'm like fuck it, I don't care anymore hang up with -33.19 in the checking. Get paid, cash my check and deposit 38.12 in the account to clear the balance and have 5 bucks sittin in that bitch. Hit little cesars on the lunch break for crazy bread, 2.11 to debit. Check the balance today, -68.12!!!!!! The hit me with two more fucking fees over the course of the weekend. Seriously fuck the bank.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You probably have to have a minimum amount of money in your checking, is it really hard to keep $25 in an account?

Welcome to the real world.

No it's not hard at all to keep 25 dollars in an account. But I don't because my checking doesn't have a minimum balance. I had 10 dollars on 5/16/06 and on 5/17/06 a 31.00 Non suffiecent funds for item fee popped up(I would've had to buy something on my debit card for 10.01 or higher on 5/16/06 to get said fee and I didn't)

I had Wahsington Mutual when I moved to the East Coast (from the west) because they told me I could use it on both coasts - WRONG! In New York they couldn't see my account, and I was still kinda based in the west, so my money was fucked up but I survived.

Fast forward, I moved back west and had put a stop payment on small internet company based in NY because they wouldn't stop withdrawing money. Its all peachy, than 6 months later that company takes another piece of my money, I call but I'm on my way to a bar so I tell them not to cancel the card. End of the evening comes and my card is canceled, I call and explain I didn't want that to happen but though they can reinstate it, it is against policy.

I canceled that shit the next day and took a couple thousand with me...FUCK WAMU

i hate banks.

there cunts.

they dont evan have 10% of the money they "own"

everyone (world) take ya money out and put it in a safe.

and i gaurentee that they will go down.

you got your economics wrong

some people in this world are stupid spenders. I keep a cushion of at least a few hundred. i will be damned if my account was ever 25 dolllars.....i had to bail a homie out the other night becuase he over withdraweled and needed cash to get above the limit again

yo this shit happened to me too, but because i deposited my check on a friday after a certain time the check hadnt cleared. it was some kind of holiday weekend, it had to be, because the bank never cleared my shit that saturday. so throughout the course of the weekendi had made a few withdrawls, and since my check hadnt gone through, they charged me about 32 bucks and some change everytime i withdrew ANY amount of money. so i was about 90 some dollars in the hole once monday rolled around. that was about 7 months ago, now every so often i slip the card through the atm to amuse myself. last time i check im up to -$684 and some change. so yeah, fuck the banks

AYE BEE: home owners / renters insurance doesnt cover cash. at least get a safe deposit box. but you could be earning some nice interest on that. http://WWW.INGDIRECT.COM open a savings or a cd and earn 4.15+... here is an interest rate calculator http://www.bankrate.com/brm/calc/cdc/CertDeposit.asp

De Sign It's called FDIC or NCUA insurance. banks are not going down. It happened once and they established the FDIC to make sure it does not happen again.

http://www.fdic.gov/ check it out. and they don't claim to "own" anyones money, they track how much they have in assets and how much they have in deposits. do research. go to the fdic website.

sarcasm has it a little right, all banks won't do this. but if you are shitty with your money, this is what happens.

Glik0and moe lester you are exactly right.. I find that when customers are dealing with any amount below about $25.00 they fuck up, everytime. It is very hard to juggle transactions when you are dealing with only this amount of money. If you get low, and you know you are going to have to spend, just take out your cash and spend it that way, this gets rid of the chance that you might use your debit card at walmart or the gas station without remembering to FUCKING WRITE IT DOWN.

Hydrogen peroxide if iits not broke, don't fix it.

MLTf4nt0mlook for a bank in your area that doesnt have a cutoff time.. or let me know where you are and I can find one for you. you might be able to go to the bank and make that $600.00+ negative amount into a loan. that would be the best thing for you to do. or else you wont be able to open an account anywhere.

pumpkin escobar you are not telling us the whole story. slow down , take a deep breath and go talk with them. banks are not in the business of giving back money, so of course all your going to get back only one OD FEE. write shit down, and don't tell us "I do write all my stuff down to the penny" becuase you don't and there is this thread to prove it.

I am glad you took your responsible ass to the bank and paid what you are negative, its a lot easier than bitching about it. go and talk with a personal banker and they can help you out with everything, they can help you understand what happened and if you stil don't agree, then maybe it is time for you and that bank to split paths, find another bank that is more customer oriented. I can tell you about a lot of really good banks in most parts of the US. and as glik0 said, welcome to the real world

I got an idea for you. IF YOU DONT HAVE MONEY DONT SPEND IT!!!! Your the freakin retard get ahold of you life I did that shit a couple times when I was younger and stupid. Start a savings account you dont have to worry about that shit...

This thread came just in time.

I just turned 18 and I got a job where my choices are some comdata card or a direct deposit. Right now I have the card but Im charged about 2 bucks everytime I take out my money. So Im about to get a checking account but I dont really know shit about bank accounts.

Anything I should look out for or are there any banks you do or dont recommend using?

I dont wanna fuck up and end up having to owe shit or have some bullshit fees outta nowhere like Mr. P up top.