VROOM-VROOM!!!

RumPuncher

I just spent Saturday and Sunday riding a dirtbike around a parking lot....

AND NOW I HAVE MY MOTORCYCLE LICENCE!!!

A co-worker and I went to get our learners permits at the same time and we

booked this training / testing weekend together. Too bad he didn't pass the test.

But I did... and I got the cute punky girl's phonenumber. Great weekend all around!

(plus in canada it's a three day weekend... so I'm not working to day either. yay!)

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wake up early so that my afternoon nap caries more weight. We're all about nap-time.

SO get this little tidbit, the cute girl who's number I got has one of these for sale:

1985_ZL_900.JPG

And she's selling it for 5 grand (canadian bucks - it's a great price).

I'm not realy into the cruisers, but I'm still going to call her to go and see it.

I'm thinking that in the next month, once the ink on the licence dries, I'll be in the market.

That is not that great of a price even if its canadian. You can find a newer street bike (mid 90's) for $2000 american with decent miles and in great shape.

The bike she's got for sale is a 2004 with less than 5000 miles on it.

I've been looking at used bike prices for months now and I know it's

a good price for what she's selling. Especially because it's hardly been used.

Buying a mid-90's sportbike is a big risk, unless you can get full service records.

Wow didn't think that was a 2004 sorry dude its a good deal with those kinda miles.

I just got a 86 gs550es that sat for 5 years no service records or anything went through it myself runs like achamp. You really need to be a little handy when you buy a bike because anything you need to do to maintain it can be done yourself.

I should have mentioned the year and miles before.

The deal is that her ex has a huge Vulcan (like 1300cc or somehting) and she got this 'little'

bike to ride with him, but they split up and she's not really comfortable on a cruiser. The guy

I did the class with wants a cruiser, so I might pass the lead his way. I'm more into a standard.

SO get this little tidbit, the cute girl who's number I got has one of these for sale:

1985_ZL_900.JPG

And she's selling it for 5 grand (canadian bucks - it's a great price).

I'm not realy into the cruisers, but I'm still going to call her to go and see it.

I'm thinking that in the next month, once the ink on the licence dries, I'll be in the market.

Will she let you ride her before you buy it?

^ that is a really nice bike. I dont really dig the older models with the rounded frames,

but the ones in the last few years with the more angular frames are really nice.

Oh man, I'm totally the opposite on this. I was all about the rounded frame, the angles turned me off big time.

db_1_sbl.JPG

sv650.jpg

Way sexier IMO.

^that shit will make you look like a gay robot

you cant buy one. but hey if you could id suffer the gay robot taunts. It can go 80+ and your one one freaking wheel, not to mention it hydrogen fuel cell powered. Add some guns on the side, some alpine star body armor and ill be the baddest gay robot on the road.

[/no robot homo]

The FZ6 my friend has and loves it. I think it is a sexy bike myself.

I like the naked street look of the sv650 I love the old cafe racers too I am taking my dads 85 BMW R/90 and turning into a retro cafe racer whenever I get some money. Itll look something like this.

bmw-la.jpg

^ umm... canada is thousands of miles wide. It's way too big to generalize like that.

Plus in some areas like BC and southern Ontario there way less snow than in places in the US.

(like the midwest, northeast etc)

well, i guess you're right, altho BC has a lot of rain, and some areas in BC do get quite a bit of snow....

ive been contemplating a motorbike too but it just doesnt seem as practical as a car in a place like vanshitty

are you getting a car too or will this bike be your one and only vehicle?

^ umm... canada is thousands of miles wide. It's way too big to generalize like that.

Plus in some areas like BC and southern Ontario there way less snow than in places in the US.

(like the midwest, northeast etc)

whatever....

you guys have toronto and then tons of mayonnaise factories. do the math key. that collectively comes out to the size of rhode island.