Da Vinci Code

Guest nutsonmychin!

Guest R@ndomH3ro
I'm trying to find it... here's a pbs article on Marys gospel, she recieved a very "special" teaching from Jesus:

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/religion/maps/primary/mary.html

Based on how religion and faith are in the mind and not the soul. And thinking is the path to redemption and that "church" is in yourself. Or something like that I am paraphrasing

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest R@ndomH3ro
And completely fucking quirked-out. Don't get me wrong' date=' I love her, but this role will just make her look so unbelievably mundane, it just doesn't work for me.[/quote']

Ghost Ride The Whip

Yeah there is actually a gospel by Mary Magdelene which of course has been suppressed by the church (recently discovered gospel of Judas as well... interesting.)

apparently there is something like 88 gospels in total?

but only 4 made it to the new testament?

Guest R@ndomH3ro
apparently there is something like 88 gospels in total?

but only 4 made it to the new testament?

The Vatican made a decision when they first formed all the books together. They decided that those books didnt apply to there form of Christianity so they amended them.

i watched a discov thing on the judas gsopel

like i thought when i was a kid, of course jesus knew and even planned for judas to be a 'traitor' ..how the hell else was he gonne be raised from the dead.

but the other apostles were jealous and hated on him and said no way was that the case and supressed that gospel, his teachings etc.

also, there are like FORTY other gosepels out there.

the pope chose four because there were four corners of the world. four winds, etc..arbitrarily, in other words.

(gospel of mormon is one of them)

The Vatican made a decision when they first formed all the books together. They decided that those books didnt apply to there form of Christianity so they amended them.

Our current bible is mainly based on what the Nicene Creed, the first Ecumenical Council, decided to include.

I beleive metronome is correct, there are in total some 88 books of gospel. The four in the new testament supposedly represent the cross, the four directions. * and also what symbols said.

thats cool. im starting to wonder about more and more (religion that is) i mean i believe big man and everything, but i dont know sometimes.

get saved

get baptized

original sin

no original sin

jesus is wonderful

jesus sexed mary magdelen

holy wars

priests and lil boys

thank you jesus i can walk again

no no that was a scam

:(

i say: fuck religion, go for spirituality

read eastern philosophy, like buddhism (which is NOT god worship in ANY sense), or taoism

would get my vote.

i did the catholic thing, it's so full of shit yoou need boots just to go to service

oh and the bible, i've tried to read it but it's hard to understand.

at some art fetival with drunken people staggering the crowds was a couple of christians preaching.......... some fags went in front of him and started making out. fucking fags. but anyway, alot of people were talking shit like jesus is dead and etc and etc. I stopped to listen to this guy preach and some chick walks up to me and we start talking. I tell her I try to read the bible and i guess since jesus isn't in my life as much or something is why i cant understand it. but if i let jesus into my life more the bible will make more sense.

i felt like sharing

carry on

gurl, the bible has been translated so many freakin times, that shit probably isn't even that close to what it meant when it was written.

that shit is the King James version :rolleyes:

i'm sick of kings telling me whats what.

ha.

my ancient work computer can't keep up

hot topic!

I'm with symbols on this...

I grew up going to catholic church, and its just riddled with bullshit.

I do believe in God or a higher power, but I don't agree with catholocism or christianity in general... their practices and ancient way of thinking, pushing their views with violence...

I dunno, they say "peace be with you" but have 900 years history of bloodshed..

edit: I heard it put once that history is written from the perspective of the victors. ie: you are always getting one side of the story... you know? whoever wrote the history is biased.. this directly applies to the bible. take it with a grain of salt.

sheet, that other comp is so slow i didnt even see the newer posts

four directions, four winds, four corners of the earth..

ha!

Yeah that happened to me too.

Here we go symbols, this one is for you (it's about symbols):

From Jungian psychology an analysis he came upon while observing patients self expression (be it verbal, visual, physical etc.etc.) while he was searching for universal unconscious archetypes:

The chaotic assortment of images that at first confronted me reduced itself in the course of the work to certain well- defined themes and formal elements, which repeated themselves in identical or analogous form with the most varied individuals, I mention, as the most salient characteristics, chaotic multiplicity and order; duality; the opposition of light and dark, upper and lower, right and left; the union of opposites in a third; the quaternity (square, cross); rotation (circle, sphere); and finally the centrist process and a radial arrangement that usually followed some quaternary system. Triadic formations, apart from the complexio oppositorum in a third, were relatively rare and formed notable exceptions which could be explained by special conditions. The centering process, is, in my experience, the never-to-be-surpassed climax of the whole development... 181

yeah catholic church got weird on me. i was getting my son baptised and the preist kinda snapped at me when i asked a question about when it was our time to go up in front of the church. he was like "YOU DONT COME TO CHURCH OR WHAT? YOU DONT KNOW WHEN THE HOMILY IS?!"

i looked at my sister like what the fuck?

^^you godless heathen!!

fucking judgemental bastards

they can fall off their high horse and break their neck.

villain, is that in reference to "4" ?

you can find universal archetypes that fit a few different numbers though, such as "3" "7" and of course, "23" haha

Guest nutsonmychin!

i really liked the san greal/ sang real reference.

and i honestly think in the painting that the thing next to jesus is def a chick. and he was totally doing it with MM, and the church sucks wang.

Yeah that's the thing that really confused me about christianity is all the hypocrits. I realized very early on that something was wrong. The more I delved into the matter to see the truth the more I realized that these people were in fact wrong. Like symbols said, it's better to be spiritual than religious, though religion has it's place, it should certainly not be an end all be all. Churches deal mostly with the exoteric, the surface, people take things way too literally, and become locked in their ideas, fundamentalists. The truth has many layers of meaning, it is esoteric, and must be sought out, it's not a prepackaged deal like they profess.

Yeah that's about the number 4 symbols... Go ahead and drop some numerology on us, I'm a little misty on "23"...

i went to a lecture on da vinci here at hopkins

pretty much everything in the book is fictional, including that apostle being female.

but hey, i didn;t even read it

i'm not getting into all that crazy number shit

to put it short: if you look hard enough for patterns, you will find them