TRANSFORMERS MOVIE NEWS *SPOILERS* FOR US MOVIE AND TRANSFORMERS NERDS!

DETO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Originally Posted by Left Lane News

The Chevrolet Camaro Concept will star in the forthcoming “Transformers” movie, which is due for release on July 4th, 2007 (07-04-07). The film — which was first announced last year — is a collaboration between Paramount, DreamWorks, and Hasbro. Apparently, “Bumblebee” is going to start out as a 1970s Camaro, and then be rebuilt as a 2008/2009 Camaro. Meanwhile, “Starscream” is going to be an F-22 Raptor, and “Optimus Prime” is going to be a fire truck. Judging by the license plate on the new Camaro, tuner Saleen also has involvement with the project. A Saleen Mustang police car will also appear in the film."

WTF? This is bumblebee? Thats fucking gay.

Stick to the original plot. No one wants to see a pussy camaro. The vw bug fits him fine.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

"Spoke to Bay this morning...

...as I said, he will post later on later regarding the designs (when I say later it could mean tonight or in a couple of days).

Among some of the stuff:

-They (Bay & Co.) are commited to maintaining total secrecy about this project until it hits the screen. We spoke of how there was no surprise factor to Peter Jackson's King Kong. You knew the whole movie ahead of time. There are some in the team who believe the audience's first peak of the robots in their normal mode should be when they sit down to watch the movie in the theater (in other words, no sneak peak of them in their normal mode in the trailers).

-Bay & crew are well aware of sites putting out BS info in orded to elicit a response from Bay & Co.

-The reasons why they went with a huge long nose truck for OP (BTW, regarding the flames, there is a context for them like Orci pointed out). Bay said they did test with flat noses (FN) for scale purposes, and the FN would only be about 20 to 25 feet tall, so they went with the biggest truck they could find: the Peterbilt. We're talking 40 to 50 foot tall robots here. The physics for these robots have to be real...aka no magically disappearing parts. Also, OP is going to have much more red than what was shown in the supposedly "leaked" photo.

-Regarding the designers... all I can say is he said they all had to be fans of the show in order to get their jobs.

-Regarding the Ludacris rumor...no, he does not have a part in TF."

I dont really even know what to say about this movie...

I have been trying to champion the idea that a lot of movies coming out as blockbusters are awesome, because we are finally seeing the visual realization of a lot of great stories.

I can only believe that this will set that idea in stone.

• 1 month later...