HARDCORE. Poison the Well........Q&A

George Dubyah Bush

truth

Originally posted by Step8

More questions

Are all hardcore bands sXe ?

if you were in toronto what fruits were wearing bandanas? all the best hardcore bands aren't straight edge........when God below played they were chugging beer on stage between songs, I've gone a bunch of places and seen shows alot of places and toronto is a pretty chill scene, definetly alot better than other places, plus a band called the abandoned hearts club are from toronto and there going to be the biggest thing since sliced bread in the hardcore scene soon......remember this post in a year.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

poison the well makes good music.. i'd like them alot more if their lyrics weren't so goddamn sappy. still, they're head and shoulders above most other emocore shitheads out there.. they're more or less hardcore in my opinion. i do think they would make much better music if they would kick back and have a few beers once in awhile and fuck some backstage sluts or something.

everyone knows that the REAL hardcore is made by pissed off drunk assholes. sxe'rs are good for one thing.. church choirs.

no no not all hardcore bands are sxe at all.

madball anyone?

and yea if its a club where the show is at they do sell beer.

now i drink but i wouldnt feel comfortable drinking at show.

not because im afraid of getting beat up, but it just doesnt seem like the right

atmosphere? maybe its because i was sxe for so long...

its also pretty annoying when people get pissing drunk at a show because

that combined with the aggression always creates a fight. then again fights can

be pretty entertaining. but not the sxe vs. ex-sxe fights. those are just lame

SATANS IRISH HELPERS yea blood red is sick, the singer writes i believe, god i miss silent majority though. nothing beat that. one of my favorite bands ever.

all the skins at shows are usually the agnostic front kids who think they are cool cause they wear combat boots, and red suspenders.

if you like poison the well you're in luck. lucky they're still on tour and playing a lot of shows. most good bands = broken up. if you like poison the well you might like 'prayer for cleansing'. sounds a bit similar, but with a lot better guitars. almost iron maiden-ish at times. amazing to say the least.

1.) Is being a skin head a hardcore thing? A straight edge thing? Are they all nazi type skin heads?

being a skinhead is an oi! thing. that's some music you might want to check out. there are a lot of good oi! bands: iron cross, the templars, etc. not all skinheads are nazis. they're 2 whole different things. non nazi skins are called 'trads', i believe, for 'traditional'. just because you're bald doesnt make you that type of skin though. some people are just bald.

2.) Whats with the bandanas over the face. Just a style thing?

it's a wannabe tough guy thing. almost anything over the face, hoods, etc is a wannabe toughguy thing, but not always.

3.) Whats the fun in being Straight Edge and advertising it by buying t shirts and crap?

some sxe kids are just really proud of what they are. that's all. i used to be the same way. just grew out of the t-shirt phase. just because you dont 'advertise' doesnt mean you're not sxe.

yeah, PTW is good, but their lyrics are pretty sappy. prayer for cleansing is good stuff too. cant stress it enough. check out Morpheus or something like that for songs. i know they have them on Morpheus.

man i gotta give a BIG THANK YOU to dusty lipchitz.thanks for puutin me on to that link,i went to they're site and then to a link they have and BAM.i got "opposite of december" commin in the mail.your a hero dusty.i appreciate the pointer!

Originally posted by seven six two

the templars.

HELL YES. the templars - one of my favorite bands.... you forgot the anti-heros and 4skins...

are all hardcore bands sXe? no. the whole youthful offenders LP is pretty much about pabst blue ribbon, to name an example (GREAT new england hardcore.. get the LP 'domination' if you can find it)... sXe seems to be a huge part of victory/NYC/DC chugga chugga style hardcore, but I also see it a lot with the crustie kids.... its all a big mix. although sXe seems to run rampant as the latest trend in the underground subcultures, it dosen't seem to be limited to that... at the same time hardcore dosen't fully cater to sXe..

they may serve at a hardcore show if its at a bar or something, but if the band feels so strongly about sXe, why play that venue? i've been to krazy fest for the past 4 years, and they always serve... usually a huge crowd of straight edge kids and bands... i rarely see violence, as most of the kids are pretty positive, but i've seen my share of bullshit millitant kids - they need to get a life...

Guest serpent of the light
Originally posted by Emo.Death.Machine

oh word..i cant stress enough to listen to some older stuff ill probably get made fun of but check out moutpiece, battery, trial, strength in numbers, chain of strength, count me out...theres a ton more just look

count me out, old? maybe i'm misreading the post, but no, their name is from a bane song, and bane is not old.

xxx303

Archived