Legal question for English writers

sime

Hello

Is it true that you can only be *prosecuted* for Criminal Damage if the owner of the

property (be it an individual or an entity such as a business or local authority) actually presses charges? This is something I was told by a writer who has been "through the mill" a few times

but I would like any further info if anyone has some.

(note: i don't mean arrested, i mean prosecuted in court)

If anyone KNOWS anything please respond, if you only *think* then please keep it to yourself.

many thanks.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

yer, ive been through the 'mill' way to much

You get in trouble for what is 'crimed' (meaning someone had made a complaint, anyone from a homeowner to the british transport police)

everything else can be 'taken into consideration' meaning if someone complained about it a few months after youve had your punishment, the cops cant arrest you again and go throught the whole process, so its wise to get the shit no ones yet moaned about, but blatently will ,toc'd, as it could keep coming back to you and fuck you over and over.

Hope it helps.

If you get busted for a name, and there is other stuff of that name that they havnt said anything about, i suggest you get covering,.

thanks for the replies!

So just to confirm, any privately owned land/structure needs a complainant to secure any possible prosecution proceedures?

So can the cops prosecute you themselves if it is "public" property?

I might even try to get all this stuff into a database so people can get advice/knowledge about the law in the UK. I wish I had more advice when I got busted. Reckon I could've walked knowing what I know now...ah well, you learn through experience eh? lol