ANTS!

Gunm

A late night snack attack could not have come at a better time. I caught a bunch of goddamn ants on the verge of swarming some crumbs on a cutting boards so i got to spend 20 minutes at 3 a.m. slaughtering the little fuckers, down the table leg, across my living room and back to a tiny ass crack by my door.

With the weather getting warmer they're heading inside looking for grub and water. I hate ants with a passion.....

But seriously, had I not gotten up, it would have been a skin crawling infestation rather than the brief sweep and clear mission had I not woken up to get some food. A scattered scout party....that's fine.....a pulsating black horde.....disgusting.

ANyone else dealing with ants?

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Man I had black ants off and on for a couple years in my kitchen. I could always keep them fully controlled with some of those sticky baits, syrup or something but... still, I had a fucking WAR with ants on my house for like 2 years. They would troop around all four sides and go up into the attic, it seemed. I poisened them and sprayed them and shit, sometimes every night for a month. I had this oak tree, now a 16ft stump, and no ants in the kitchen or the house... well, not exactly NO ants in the kitchen, just lately I have noticed that every night there are one or two carpenter ants in the kitchen but they aren't interested in the sugar or crumbs as far as I can tell, they just sort of wander around until I squuish 'em and throw them in the drain. They aren't interested in the sticky bait unfortunately but, since I'm gonna refurb it in a couple years I'm just gonna stick with the physical attacks...

You know what works and is on a Mr. Wizard tip?

Chalk.

As weird as it sounds, ants will NOT cross a line of chalk...i think it fucks with the chemical receptors they use to follow and communicate properly with one another.

My ex gf had a bad ant problem in her driveway so one day i poured lighter fluid down all the cracks and set'em on fire.

Fire.......it's always such a good fall back in situations like these

You know what works and is on a Mr. Wizard tip?

Chalk.

As weird as it sounds, ants will NOT cross a line of chalk...i think it fucks with the chemical receptors they use to follow and communicate properly with one another.

Word? That's weird as a muthafucka

they suck it big time....annoying in small packs....disgusting when they come en masse and looking like a long black wriggling line....holy shit does that make my skin crawl.

There's actually a really creepy scene in the beginning of the old cowboy western "the wild bunch" where some feral kids construct a little corral filled with ants and they drop a bunch of scorpions inside that get slowly torn apart by said ants.

Fuck ants