im being sued by sprint for 1600 buckos

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Make sure the letter is from a COURT and not from a creditor! If it isnt from a court then just ignore it. I used to owe over 10gs and creditors would send me "subpenas" claiming I had to pay or show up in court. Basicly its a scare tatic. if it isnt from an actual COURT you aint gotta stress it.

Word, i dodged 1200 in parking ticket fines doing this. they fines werent my responsibility, but because a car i sold to a dumbfuck owner racked up super fines. i basically told them to fuck off.

collection agencies make their money by buying policies from courts, dmv, etc, and then making money by tying to collect on it

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ginger Bread Man

alot of what you guys are telling me ive dealt with before. ive been harrassed by creditors but never been sued. my bro said the deliverer cam at like 8pm so that raised suspicions.

im not being sued by a random creditor. im getting sued by sprint. they havent sold the account off and its been some time, this is what worries me. i still earn in american dollars. so my bank accounts are or will be garnished for sure... shit sucks

No, they can't touch your money until they have a judgement against you. They can't get a judgement against you if you don't have to go to court. You don't have to go to court if they can't serve you. Even at the end of it all they can't just raid your bank accounts, you will simply be ordered to pay.

my buddy tried to pay off a collection company when they offered him that 50% deal. They offer the 50% and you have to pay within a few days. He paid with a credit card and they didnt take the money until the few days were up thus leaving him on the hook for the other 50%. That shit was pretty fucked up.

Anytime they call me with a deal i always propose my new deal. I promise i will never pay you anything.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

lens, yeamy credit score dropped a while back because of this its actually getting better once again. this hasnt affected it... at least not yet...

im going to have my brother scan it and let me see what it says this way i know whats up for sure

You would wont to get this shit outa the way, cause you will have this hanging voer you and then one day it might just pop up and slap you in teh face... But yeah, pretend you know nothing about it cause you yourself never got served these papers.... go go on you holiday and have a good time.

I feel pretty fortunate to never have had a collections agency call me. One of my best friends is like 10 years older than me and has just spent his life living with this shit and I don't get it. I make relatively ok money, but I also live within my means - I have never had any financial family support, nor needed much I don't have, yet I'm chilling on my credit score. Can someone please help me understand why you would literally take a phone/cable/electric/loan bill and just shove it up your ass? I mean, it's one thing to hit a hard time and it's another to live beyond your means. Show me the light of the indebted and stressed the fucked out.

But you can't be served through your brother I don't think - which isn't top say your immune if you just bounce around, but this sounds weird. PM Poop Man lawyer guy and ask his advise...

I was always under the impression that if you get served they need to give you the papers-not a sibling. As it stands they gave the papers to your bro, who's to say that you even have a phone and your brother is reliable enough to even get in contact with you by mail.

If you pull a no show they might put out a bench warrant and if you get pulled over for something or are trying to cross borders they might pinch you out. You'll probably spend a night in jail and face a judge who you'll simply tell him you have no understanding that you got served. They'll issue another date and let you go.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

ok ok so im going to do 1. call sprint and see whats up or 2. ignore it a act the i never knew i had to be in court i was living abroad shit

my first cellphone company, T Mobile, fucked me nasty. They told me that my monthly payment would be taken out of my checking account. So I didnt think anything about it. Well I got a bill in the mail like 3 or 4 months later telling me that i hadnt been paying my bill, nothing was taken out of my bank account and i owed them like $750 or i dont even remember the total. Well that shit went to collections. They have been trying to get their money now for the past 4 years. I tried to dispute this but Tmobile says that they have no record of me being a customer with them. Then when i talk to the credit people they say there is nothing they can do I have to talk to Tmobile.

Fuckin run around til they get their money.

im in the same boat... so are alot of my freinds...cell phones are so popular their prolly is 34954287528747327534757274325 people, hideing from huge phone bills, bills 10x higher than yours!...i dont think they are going to work really hard to come just after you,

all in all they are trying to scare you, to make you pay the bill...and so far it worked huh?

dont pay it...

Guest Ginger Bread Man

im not scared. worse that can happen is ill have to pay it. i dont wnat to deal with the drama that come with court and having to be in a certain city at a certain time and date totally sucks.