im being sued by sprint for 1600 buckos

Guest Ginger Bread Man

Guest Ginger Bread Man

heres the story. years ago 2002ish i took out a sprint fone. long story short i was paying with random peoples accounts on some real fraud shit. after about a year and a half sprint found out and revoked some of my payments. this in turn skyrockets my fone bill 1600 buckos. i was always planning on paying it but never got around to it. my brother emails me last night talking about how i got served. i need to appear in court in september.

a few questions.

ever been sued by a creditor?

im in a different country now. any way to settle this shit without having to show up to court?...

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
Guest Ginger Bread Man

well court is in socal i live about 30 hour drive due southeast... i dont like california for shit other than buds. i do not plan on spending any money to get to court... besides ill be in europe on my court date

I think in cases like this, if you dont show up, they automatically rule in favor of sprint and you owe them money just like you did before. If you own property or something they might be able to put a lien on your property making it impossible to sell in the future until you pay them off. [/i think]

Guest Ginger Bread Man

crusty mike you are totally correct. by default the verdict swings their way, if they dont show up to court i win. they will totally freeze assets and take money from your paycheck and shit like this but i totally want to avoid all this shit

if you blow it off

the creditors win automatically.

i had a similar situatiuon with AT&T and kept avoiding them

but i was able to prove that the bill was not my responsibility

and this took some work.

in the interim, the creditors attempted to get me to settle for 50% of the bill, which i refused.\

if you cantact them with an offer like that, they might go for it.

i know two people who have been sued by creditors and lost

both people had their wages garnished

which is the situation you'll be in if you lose the case and you ever earn money in the u.s. again

i totally want to avoid all this shit

so suck it up and pay up.

I thought i had pulled one over on the feds by creatively altering #'s on my tax returns for the last three years but they were onto me and basically took $630 out of my $700 tax return this year to get their money back.

Seriously, you're not as anonymous as you think in the eyes of big business

the creditors attempted to get me to settle for 50% of the bill, which i refused.\

if you cantact them with an offer like that, they might go for it.

Yeah, they're almost always down to do shit like this.

Right now I owe the back $400 dollars, they over credited my account so I grabbed the money and yeah. They just sent me a letter tellin me to pay it back blah blah...I've got a lil over 3 g's in cash right here, but don't plan on payin it back until I absolutely hafta

Make sure the letter is from a COURT and not from a creditor! If it isnt from a court then just ignore it. I used to owe over 10gs and creditors would send me "subpenas" claiming I had to pay or show up in court. Basicly its a scare tatic. if it isnt from an actual COURT you aint gotta stress it.

...my brother emails me last night talking about how i got served. i need to appear in court in september.

the thing is

your "brother" can not be served for you.

they have to, by law, hand the documents to YOU personally.

otherwise it goes like this ..."i never recieved anything ...yada yada"

this is how it works. sprint figures they'll never get their money, so they sell the account to a creditor for a really low rate (or something to that effect). now the creditior doesn't want to lose his money, so they will basically take anything you offer. say you're broke and can only afford $400 or whatever. lowball them. if they take the deal, make sure you receive a letter saying the account was settled in full and the thing is taken off your credit report.

Guest spectr
heres the story. years ago 2002ish i took out a sprint fone. long story short i was paying with random peoples accounts on some real fraud shit. after about a year and a half sprint found out and revoked some of my payments. this in turn skyrockets my fone bill 1600 buckos. i was always planning on paying it but never got around to it. my brother emails me last night talking about how i got served. i need to appear in court in september.

a few questions.

ever been sued by a creditor?

im in a different country now. any way to settle this shit without having to show up to court?...

ok well you could not show up for court clear out your bank accounts and put anything you own in someone elses name.

you could contact them and settle it out of court.

you could hire a lawyer.

i personally think you should show up in court, start punching sprints lawyers in the face whip out your dick piss on the judge and say death to american coporations.

and yeah ive been sued before i just showed up laughed at them told the judge i was never going to pay them more then a penny on the dollar and even then they would have to put me in jail to get it from the state.

Yeah, they're almost always down to do shit like this.

Right now I owe the back $400 dollars, they over credited my account so I grabbed the money and yeah. They just sent me a letter tellin me to pay it back blah blah...I've got a lil over 3 g's in cash right here, but don't plan on payin it back until I absolutely hafta

Well I hope you or GBM never plan on trying to buy a house or even a car financed since your credit will be fucked for the next 7 to 8 years.

Pay up... its really not worth it.. all in all 1600 and 400 isn't all that much now but could really fuck you later.

you didn't get served, you're not required to appear, you do owe the money but DON'T PAY!

Now that you see they want to force litigation don't give them a cent, it can sometimes hurt your case at this point. If you want to solve the issue then get a lawyer but basically they can't 'serve' you unless they put the papers in your hand.

Tell your family to stop talking to Sprint. If Sprint continues to contact them, tell them to threaten a harrassment suit.

If you don't want to pay then, don't pay but goodbye to credit and stuff in your name... some people live like that though...