Seven Minutes of X3.

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Spiderman movies have been handled just fine. A Goyer script for Spiderman doesn't really sound appropiate.

Exactly. It's a bad arguement if you're going to make comparisions to Stan Lee's original, since that was full of cheese. The Spiderman comics have always had dark moments that may have lasted for multi-issue arcs, but has also always been filled with cheesy (and good) humor and melodrama. That's what the appeal is for Spiderman and I don't think the movies could have been done any better. I also think that Raimi was the absolute perfect choice for directer, because he, more than anyone, was able to tie humor, melodrama, and dark visciousness (Dr. Oct's awakening in the hospital, for instance). I can't fucking wait for him to do some original work, again, and I have high hopes for the third installment.

Mams: That's what I was trying to get at, the dialogue seems so stilted and contrived, more so than in the other two. It's the problem I was worried about with Brett Ratner, who came from directing Mariah Carey and Madonna videos. I didn't see "Red Dragon", because I saw "Manhunter" and did not want some remake to ruin my memory of that film. It might be good, I don't know.

Of course, Goyer has done plenty of questionable and even total shit work, but still knocked one out of the park with Blade I and II, Batman Begins, and was one of three people involved with the Dark City script--which is an incredible film that is very layered and full of ideas. Blade Trinity was so terrible, though.

I dont mind the humor I dont mind the cheese as long as its tastful like Jameson, thats the only person that i liked in the film. But these spiderman films feel too much like dick tracy in the cinematography. I dont like this recent trend of putting a comic book feel into movies based on comic books. I also dont like how it is familitized, it no longer is a movie for comicbook lovers instead it becomes a family flic. I understand they need to make money but come on, it doesnt need to be cartoony. Not a big fan. Ive given up on the spiderman movies.

The x-men movies are alright but always dissapoint me.

The recent batman movie was great, thumbs up.

In other news, Ghost Rider looks like it's gonna suck giant balls.

http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictures/ghostrider/high_international.html

Are you kidding me? This movie looks like it's going to rock! The International trailer is really good.

"Let's ride." *POOF*

Jumping out of a glass office building in your flaming bike and then using your chains to grab onto something - all in slow motion - is the shit!

The CGI isn't that bad, I think. And they still have time to fix it up, if they choose.

Yeah, that was about the only cool shot in the whole thing. Well, that and Nick Cage eating shit on his bike at the beginning. I dunno, it looks too close to the Daredevil-type of comic book movie to me, with the color palette and all. And I still think the skull looks unbelievably stupid.

Yeah' date=' that was about the only cool shot in the whole thing. Well, that and Nick Cage eating shit on his bike at the beginning. I dunno, it looks too close to the Daredevil-type of comic book movie to me, with the color palette and all. And I still think the skull looks unbelievably stupid.[/quote']

Yeah, I know what you mean. Who is directing this again? I'm hoping it's about Punisher quality. Or at least better than the X movies. I understand that not every Marvel movie can be like Spider-Man.