Seven Minutes of X3.

Weapon X

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Ginger Bread Man

at these points they arent aiming for die hard comic fans therefore theycan produce anything they want as long as 9 year old kids make it a blockbuster

Well, the Phoenix and characters like Kitty Pride are for the diehard fans. The "mutant cure" theory was recently presented in Astonishing X-Men with the source being an unknown, mutant child with extraordinary powers, and for all I know was done once or twice before that. I'm just questioning the talent of the director to make a cohesive storyline like Singer did with the first two, and some of the acting talent involved. In particular, I think that Kelsey Grammer is a terrible choice for Beast and the make-up looks like something out of Disney World. It has "awesome" potential for die-hard fans but it has a good chance of never meeting that potential.

Shit looks tight.

Definitive thumbs up icon14.gif

People get too wound up in the "originals" and everything being just like it was from the source of it all. No movie can ever match up to the voice in your imagination and the action in your mind between strips.

Guardian Angel

Always impressive

download:

Boooo to Mar for that one.. The Phoenix force is one of the things that keeps the X-Titles readable, every fanboy wonders when Jean is going to come back, every time she dies., and Rachel is a great character, too..This movie, however, is going to be a disappointment.

Bump for Whedon to direct the next one, if there is a next one.

Mar, you're too much of a tough guy..Those stories are among some of the more riveting ones in

the entire Marvel Universe..

I'm just glad the lame mutants aren't being used..Jubilee, Dazzler, Banshee..

As long as they try to create some semblance of Claremont drama, I'm sure people will be

suckered into enjoying it.

On a side note, has anyone noticed how they're including the Black costume in the new Spider-Man flick? Thumbs down..I guarantee it will be worse than the second movie.

like the spiderman movies where ever good. the second the signed on the tobey magiure and kirsten dunst they killed it. spidermans supposed to be ripped and mj was supposed to be supermodel quality. not broke bitch.

the best xmen story was either the apocolypse with archangel or cable.

haha im such a nerd sometimes.

like the spiderman movies where ever good. the second the signed on the tobey magiure and kirsten dunst they killed it. spidermans supposed to be ripped and mj was supposed to be supermodel quality. not broke bitch.

the best xmen story was either the apocolypse with archangel or cable.

haha im such a nerd sometimes.

i don't kno what spiderman comics you read, but in the begining(and..well...that's where spiderman 1 takes place..in fucking high school), peter parker was never the ripped guy. he was the science geek.

i don't kno what spiderman comics you read' date=' but in the begining(and..well...that's where spiderman 1 takes place..in fucking high school), peter parker was never the ripped guy. he was the science geek.[/quote']

he may have been a science geek but he didnt look like a tool. Enter my issue with toby mcguire. Look at the old stan lee comics and check out how he illustrated him.

he may have been a science geek but he didnt look like a tool. Enter my issue with toby mcguire. Look at the old stan lee comics and check out how he illustrated him.

Those comics were made in the 60's. I think they were trying to stay current, no? There's been a hell of a lot more going on in comics since the original Spiderman and Phoenix story. Just look at Ultimate Spiderman, the #1 selling monthly comic in the country. Peter Parker is 16, skinny, and a dork.

maybe but he still has that edge that toby doesnt. not to mention the movies drip cheese factor. They should get the guys who wrote batman begins to do the spidermans, maybe even try again for the punisher.

I think Bryan Singer did a good job of balancing quality across the fim spectrum in the first two. Not so much in the first, but he nailed the second one. I mean, action is still the primary reason to watch these movies, but do we really need a line referencing Storm's hairstyle change?