teaching english abroad

p-jilbs

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Look, either you get it or you don't.

And those who know, know.

I wanted to add a different view point which is rarely expressed to people considering this

type of job before hand..

If you think spelling makes you a fair representitive of culture, you're clueless.

Maybe thats rationalization for all the time you spent as a nerd,

soaked in your studies rather than out touching and feeling,

but I'll tell you my friend, your intentions and the way you carry yourself will judge the way you are perceived in the real world..

My opinions are formed from years of experiences abroad..

not hear say, not assumptions and not sociopathy..

I made my point, and to me it's clear as day..

agree or disagree, I did'nt intend for it to be an inter-nerd battle..

All true understanding comes through experience... Where's yours?

And if you don't even understand the serverity of the responsibility.. and you're comparing

Mexican day labouring to teaching language... than I say you have an uphill trek to comprehension..

Now you can keep fishing for some rise.. and pissing in the wind..

or you can just accept that some people have different perspectives..

and if you don't speak from experience, than you should'nt be speaking at all..

My opinion may seem extreme but

anyone who has lived abroad ,especially in Asia, understands what I am saying,

even if they don't completely agree with how it was put.

and P.S.

Your spelling is'nt on point either buddy, you make mistakes in the same paragraph that you're criticising mine..

I guess it only goes to show you, those who define themselves, can't really see who they are... "Smart"guy...

Guest R@ndomH3ro
I taught america lovemaking in asia

Dont you mean "I taught American Lovemaking in Asia" Spelling Nazi!

Just messing with you, Lens did hanging in front of the Sanrio Store work to catch a Asian Bride? You got to be sneaky man, hide in the Hello Kitty section and jump out when there close. Works everytime.

Dont you mean "I taught American Lovemaking in Asia" Spelling Nazi!

Just messing with you, Lens did hanging in front of the Sanrio Store work to catch a Asian Bride? You got to be sneaky man, hide in the Hello Kitty section and jump out when there close. Works everytime.

Naw, i was with my ex at the time so all i could do was oggle and drool. Seriously, Tokyo is the babe capital of the planet.

I did not intend for this to be a debate on whether or not one should be teaching English abroad. I was simply asking if anyone has taught abroad and/or could give me some advice on the matter. Take the debate to another thread.

For anyone interested (who is still on topic), I have mainly been looking at this place. They seem reputable from what I have seen so far and offer online courses.

If anyone wants to share information on what we find, feel free to PM me. At least that's a guaranteed way of avoiding all of the whiners and debaters.

I did not intend for this to be a debate on ...

Since when has it ever mattered what you, or anyone, intends their thread to be about around here? Sometimes the replys are all on point, sometimes the original intent is lost after the first reply, such is life.

Guest Ginger Bread Man

wow this thread went apeshit

B

here in mexico you do not need any degrees to teach, this from what i know and people who are teachers. you CAN end up at a school teaching hot bodacious babes or you can opt to recruite your own students that are willing to pay you. ive had opportunities present themselves to teach out of the blue. you can also end up with an older crowd however its not like in the states where the older generations are looking to learn the language...

Apart from some bad spelling Lecter also puts apostrophies in the wrong places in simple words...which is just plain dumb, dude. Sorry but it is true. Maybe you couldn`t teach so you`re bitter? Or are you Army?Hmmmmm...

As someone who teaches English full time in Tokyo I have to disagree with you completely. People here don`t travel overseas to study because the majority of Japanese people work very hard for large corporations and rarely are allowed to take vacations. Not only is teaching English a fun way to learn about other cultures hands on, it is also providing people a way to move ahead in their jobs without taking a year off to move to another country, which only the young and rich can afford. Your only point is that you should spend time learning about the culture of the place you live in...But as I say, you can BY teaching, nahmean?

Showerface, your teachers were probably just bad. You shouldn`t need it all explained to you in your native language if the teacher knows their shit.

PS Japanese is crazy difficult!

Hydro Bill, Quadrilingual oner

Guest Ginger Bread Man

konbanwa.. watashi wa anime desu. domo yoroshiku..

im looking into doing this for shit n giggles in mexico. i would be getting paid what almost any fulltime job pays but working part time. not bad if u ask me

• 9 months later...
i was considering this because:

a.) i'd like to get out of the country and travel

b.) i dont know what i wanna do with my life

c.) people have been saying i do not need to know the native language

i'd like to teach it in russia and i do know a tiny bit of russian (written and spoken). has anyone here taught abroad? can you help me??

any help is appreciated. i know i can count on 12oz for help because you guys are awesome.

- pjilbs (Mr. Mang)

i'm bumping this. i want some more info.

anyone??

this seems like it would be a good deal, no?