Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sarcasm

the LOST appreciation thread!

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Wait so Season 6 Episode 2: LA X Part 2 is on tonite?

If that's correct, then i watched it a few days ago, here:

EDIT: Sorry, got confused

Disregard this.

So, Mac from always sunny in philadelphia is suddenly on the island! Although I do remember him from season 3 sitting on the steps reading:

aldo-776306.jpg

CLAIRE !!!!!!

and she has the darkness??

also ethan looks like such a pedophile

surprising to see him as the doctor.. kinda threw me off

Mac was awesome, although i could take anything he said or did seriously.

Also ABC has to stop putting actors from LOST in new shitty shows that are on after it. Barnard's in this new one, and Michael was in that one last season, not to mention Flash Forwards got Charlie, and V has Juliet.

Ethan as the doctor was a surprise.

yeah, I guess in that alternate reality, the island is under water....yet he was still BORN there before Juliet detonated the bomb, he was seen as an infant in the Dharma Initiative...I guess he made it off the island in the emergency evacuation or something and grew up in LA to become a doctor.

This business with the "darkness" should be interesting, I suppose that's what happened to Rousseau's crew when she talked about them being infected and she had to kill them all.

i posted this on a lost discussion thing because of the insane horde of dumb motherfuckers who think they have all the answers to a show which will never give them all the answers....mind boggling.

the amount of people who claim to be fans of this show but constantly refer to people by the wrong names, or to things that didnt even happen is staggering. worse yet is people describing common plot events (that have already been explained or debunked) as their "theories" "my theory is that the smoke monster is that thing that was making noise in the jungle in season one" great theory, here have a lollipop.

or how about throwing in the phrase "theory of relativity" to make said theory sound smart. youre not smart. you obviously have no concept of relativity. youre watching a mish mash of junk science and religious iconography that thinly veils a melodramatic daytime soap where everyone is secretly the brother of some random character and everyone you thought was dead isnt.

that being said, ive seen all the episodes and i will watch all the rest. this is not the best show ever, far from it, but it beats alot of other garbage so here i am writing on a blog with all the rest of the dummies.

haha my comment was moderated off that other blog. what a bunch of babies. i even went out of my way to not curse.

• Like 1

I went to a Lost forum once.

They are dumber than the newbs in brickslayers.

I'd be shocked if anyone over the age of 15 was posting.

I'll never go back.

So I'll second INW's post.

But I don't watch the wire.

I'm a Yo Gabba Gabba kinda guy.

in reference to the what show has ever been better question, debate, whatever...

although really...it's apples and oranges

exactly!

both shows are good and both shows are completely different. for starters the wire was on hbo, which means they were able to go a little bit further with things. as far as their respective genre's, lost is a pseudo-sci-fi action/mystery, the wire was a crime/cop drama. based on that it's pretty hard to compare them fairly. as far as overall story telling, characters, etc... both shows are excellent.

as far as getting all the answers. i think a lot of fans of lost want every single little thing answered. personally, i'm a fan of leaving some mysteries or even irrelevant plot points and observations left unanswered. from what i'm gathering, the producers of lost feel the same way.

"Cuse: We also spent a lot of time talking about how we don’t want the last season of the show to be didactic. It’s very dangerous to basically create a checklist of answers and then start trying to tick them off, because we want to make sure we’re telling engaging stories. For us really, while the mythology is important, for us it’s a story about these characters. And so most of our focus has been on, how are we going to resolve the character stories?

We really feel we are very committed to this notion of not stripping the show of its essential mystery. I mean, mystery exists in life and we kind of always go back to the midi-chlorians example [in the 'Star Wars' prequel films]. Your understanding of the Force was not aided by knowing that there were little particles swimming around in the bloodstreams of Jedi.

There are sort of fundamental elements of mystery and magic to the show that are unexplainable, and any attempt to explain them would actually harm the show, and in our opinion, the legacy of the show. So we’re trying to find the right blend of answering questions, but also leaving the things that should be mysterious mysterious."

http://featuresblogs.chicagotribune.com/entertainment_tv/2010/01/lost-carlton-cuse-damon-lindelof-season-6-abc.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+chicagotribune%2Fthewatcher+%28chicagotribune.com+-+The+Watcher+television+blog%29

lost is one of the best shows to hit primetime tv, in a long, long time. obviously shows like the sopranos and the wire are equally good but again, they are completely different types of stories and are on cable. is lost the greatest show ever? well, not only is that debate pointless, it's also based on the personal preferences of the individual, so no one would ever be 100% correct.

as far as lost forums. i know a few lost "bloggers" and they are pretty nice people. now, as far as the rabid forum posters, i don't really know any of them but i have noticed that many of them seem wacked out. almost every modern work of fiction (comics, tv shows, movies, etc...) has a small percentage of its fan base that are strange. all of those people who write fan fiction and shit...sorry, i don't get it. i mean, i get the fact that they are passionate writers (possibly...hopefully) and they love a particular piece of fiction (or several), but i just don't understand why you would take the time to elaborate on any of that.

Ethan as the doctor was a surprise.

yeah, I guess in that alternate reality, the island is under water....yet he was still BORN there before Juliet detonated the bomb, he was seen as an infant in the Dharma Initiative...I guess he made it off the island in the emergency evacuation or something and grew up in LA to become a doctor.

This business with the "darkness" should be interesting, I suppose that's what happened to Rousseau's crew when she talked about them being infected and she had to kill them all.

^^^^

you bastard....you are on to something with your Rousseau talk. never even thought about that.

p.s.

a. if claire has "the darkness" in her.....how has she been living all this time with out it "spreading" to her heart as the japanese guy suggested?

b. do you think that trap with the mini boulders in the net was Rousseau or Claire?

anyone else notice the lady asking all the animal questions had big bewbs?

p.s

WHY ISNT KATES NAME ON THE LIST?