the LOST appreciation thread!

sarcasm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah, they've made the beach camp set a few times. that answer was a little suspect, but i am sure they will come through with some new shit.

the one major fuckin thing i am getting annoyed at is who the fuck was shooting at the time jumping outrigger of sawyer, jules, and company. i really hope they throw that in there. it's just annoying me at this point.

well, here it goes.

we are already seeing who's not making it.

oh and:

http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/breaking-news-lost-series-finale.html

"Get ready for more "Lost."

The producers of ABC's hit drama have shot so much crucial material for the show's hugely anticipated finale that the network has agreed to extend the last episode by an extra half hour.

When the "Lost" finale airs on Sunday, May 23rd, the episode will run from 9 to 11:30 p.m. The overrun will air instead of the local news, with the "Jimmy Kimmel Live: Aloha to Lost" post-finale special remaining at 11:30 p.m. ABC is expected to announce the plan on tonight's episode of Kimmel.

Executive producers Carlton Cuse and Damon Lindelof just completed post-production on the finale -- titled "The End" -- on Monday night. Both sent out identical Tweets: "We're done. Amen."

The supersizing of the finale is the latest adjustment to what might as well be called "The 'Lost' Weekend." ABC is airing an "enhanced" (pop-ups) version of the show's original two-hour pilot on May 22. On Sunday there's a two-hour retrospective titled "Lost: The Final Journey," followed by the finale and Kimmel post-show."

Ben, Richard and Miles went off on their own. They didn't want to go with Hurley and company to go "talk" to Flocke (MIB).

SPOILERS

From last nights episode: The Candidate:

Says Cuse: “There will be very little debate at the end of this episode that [Fake Locke] is evil and bad and has to be stopped. The main narrative reason for him killing our main characters is to establish how much of a bad guy he is and to clearly identify him as the antagonist rolling into the end of the series.”

Lindelof recognizes that there’s something “brutal” about killing Jin and Sun just one episode after their long-awaited reunion — which, he says, is exactly what made the lovers such an apt choice for making a statement about Fake Locke’s malevolence. “At least they got to die in each other’s arms, so they’d have some sense of victory,” he says. And Sayid? Lindelof explains: “Sayid’s entire season-long arc has basically been, if you tell him that he is evil, you can convince him he is evil. But if you tell him he is good, maybe you can convince him he is good. We basically decided that in a moment of pure instinct, if he did something, if he sacrificed his own life in favor of saving the other people’s lives, that would convey to the audience, ‘This guy was actually a good guy.’”

The good news for fans of Lost and fans of Jin, Sun, and Sayid in particular is that they are technically still alive — in the Sideways world. “Still, it’s bittersweet,” Yunjin Kim told me in a recent interview. “They were kept separate for so long, and then they came together to die together.” She found it “beautiful” that Sun and Jin were given an end that served as an affirmation of their love and the heroic sacrifices they made for each other. “We’ve come full circle,” she says. “Sun came back to The Island [and] risked her life to save her friends and Jin, and then Jin does the same thing back.” When I asked her how she prepared for Sun’s final Island moments, Kim told this story: “Right before we started shooting, [director] Jack Bender took me aside and told me about story that he read a long time ago, about this woman who was missing her dead husband, and how she had this beach ball that he blew up before he died. Every day she took a little breath from the beach ball. And that really got me right into the emotional core of where I needed to be to play that scene. Can you imagine that woman, taking that breath little by little every day, just to feel her husband’s presence?”

Daniel Dae Kim’s thoughts on the end of Jin and Sun? “They were the Romeo and Juliet of the show, and the fact they didn’t have a happy ending does make me sad,” says the actor, who then expanded on the greater significance of the deaths to the show — but I’m afraid sharing his insights (including his take on the fate of Ji Yeon) at this point would be a bit too spoilerish. What was it like shooting his watery demise? “It was pretty difficult that day,” says Kim. “Shooting in water is never easy. But the crew was considerate and made the water warm for us, in more ways than one. Let’s just say certain members of the crew who were in that water for a very, very, very long time without ever leaving. I’ll just leave it at that.”

Now that’s evil.

from: http://darkufo.blogspot.com/2010/05/cuse-lindelof-and-kims-reaction-to.html

next weeks should be good. it's all about MIB and Jacob. No regular cast members involved apparently.

you know, imo kate ruled for a long while and then, for some reason, she just kinda went blah. don't really care if her character stays or goes but i woulda rather had her die than sun and jin. i think around the 12th time she jumped from jack to sawyer back to jack again i kind of stopped caring.

There were only three reasons I think this week's episode was a major fail.

- The CGI was complete garbage- 10x worse than V.

- The acting was garbage. Jacob and MIB were great but Allison Janney.. jesus christ, Jacob and MIBs mother was a better actor than her.

- There was no season regular or familiar party that the audience empathized with / could relate to. Even with Ab Asbestos or whatever we had Richard via back story whom we know and love.

Like I said, they could have had this episode in a 5 minute conversation.

seemed like an easy way out of alot of questions for the writers

This is how i feel about 90% this season. Old lost they made us or the characters figure things out, this lost they just make episode that tell you whats happening or the characters just ask the questions people in forums are asking. Like in this newest episode when they had the flash back part to when jack and kate were in the cave finding the rocks? srsly!? why was that there?! if you watch lost and like it you would know what they were. Its like when locke saw walt in the jungle if they had a flash back to walt and locke playing backgammon

i'm guessing MIB is the soul/essence/whatever you want to call it, fused with whatever energy is emitting from the islands core (the light). which is why his body is still there. a few episodes back he (as john locke) had said something about how jacob took his humanity...etc.

as far as that light: i'm assuming the temple was built (by god knows who) over the cavern where the light was coming from. i'm going to guess that the light and energy is coming from some dark matter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dark_matter

...that is at the core of the island.

a lot of the stuff related to the physics mentioned on this show is theoretical. sure, they are going out on a limb by suggesting that this energy can turn people into shape shifting black smoke, but it is a science fiction story and they are walking a fine line with the whole science, magic and religious thing. i think they are using a little of all of those elements to tell this story, yet leaving things blurry and ambiguous enough for the viewers to draw their own educated (or uneducated) conclusions.

this last episode took place in like 23 or 43 AD, so it's safe to say that most of the people back then wouldn't have been able to understand what they were seeing, they didn't have the science and the ability to explain what it was. so, they used terms and concepts they were familiar with. i think a lot of people were having problems with this and how they handled the whole "what is the island?" or what is the power of the island?" answer.

they've been asking many fans to take a leap of faith and go out on a limb with each season. and as each season progresses, they ask for a little bit more and more. looking at it from that perspective, i still like what's going down.

but, i do have some issues with some of the shit they aren't answering. that's definitely annoying and a let down. but, i'll live with it. also, some of the writing has been a little weak here and there, as far as the dialog, the way some of the story has been handled and even some major inconsistencies.

but, i do have some issues with some of the shit they aren't answering. that's definitely annoying and a let down. but, i'll live with it. also, some of the writing has been a little weak here and there, as far as the dialog, the way some of the story has been handled and even some major inconsistencies.

i couldnt have agreed with you more. i wonder if they had planned to answer a lot more before they knew how soon the series would end? i smell a mini series in a year or two.

i couldnt have agreed with you more. i wonder if they had planned to answer a lot more before they knew how soon the series would end? i smell a mini series in a year or two.

i think they set themselves up for a fall from day one. they were writing with a really loose idea (as far as the mythology is concerned) and they had to keep us asking enough questions season to season in order to keep us invested in the show. abc and disney could have wanted lost for 8 seasons, so they had to be prepared to deal with that and give themselves the ability to keep the show going. the writers strike didn't help them either, since season 4 was effected by it and was cut really short. season 5 was also a short one. so, they got in over their heads with a lot of mysteries, but i think a lot of them were only there to pace the story and to give the characters some additional depth and motives.