PS3 Uncovered. Sucks ballsacks.

SpyD

Blu Ray and HD DVD arent as important as DVD was a few years ago. Like 1 in 40 people own a HDTV in the FIRST place, and likely more than half of them dont know shit about HD signals in the first place, So without the all the right shit, HD DVD and Bluray arent gonna look any better ANYWAYS. Maybe some people care about it all, but Joe Consumer doesnt.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't get it twisted, the two new, competing DVD formats are more about forcing the consumer to spend money then they are to advance technology. This has been planned for years now, they were just waiting for as many people as possible to hop on the DVD bandwagon so that VHS' were pretty much eradicated. Now people would rather the production studios not even support VHS so that DVDs can take up more shelf-space. Getting rid of the alternative means that when the companies put out these two new formats, the consumer can't even back-track technologies. Any and all consumer disobedience is quashed.

I caught a heck of a lot of the E3 on G4 last night.

I was most impressed with Red Steel, Metroid, Zelda, and MGS4 (OMG). The Halo 3 trailer would've been cool if it was a tad more than it was. Still cool as just a first teaser for a game with no release date.

The motion sensor on the PS3 controller seems alright, but wtf, they better come with some force feedback.

I'm gonna sit and watch another 3 hours of E3 in about half an hour.

*and you know what - Too Human for the 360 didn't impress me all that much. But I know it's gonna be sick, anyway.

Yeah I'm buying it. HDTV does actually look better, I'm sure there will be some people wanting to stick with regular DVDs, but HD is going to be the norm. Just the way things work sometimes people.

Honestly, 600 dollars is not that much. I don't know how to prove that to you. It's just not.

They'll have non-HDTV until every channel goes HD, there's just not enough channels and regular televisions can get just as good a picture as long as it's not an HD channel. Plus, they are cheap and sell easily, I got a 27-inch Samsung flatscreen CRT for $250, and excluding HDTV it's got as good a picture as any.

There's a huge chance that this new DVD format will take off like Betamax. It all depends on how brainwashed the American public is at this point. If they still have any sense left they will reject this format war as it would otherwise force them to buy two new DVD players. I hope this is the case, and the mega-corporations will be forced to come together on one format. I've been preaching this shit since 2001 and noone has been listening.

With a $600 price tag there's a good chance this will fall into that niche market where your friend with the rich parents gets one and you go over there to play.

Game systems since like the 80s have hovered around $100. Only the last generation systems and this generation have broken this trend... and the ps3 is really breaking this trend. I'm sure it's worth the money... I just don't think they can expect the average market share for that price till it comes down. They could make like xbox and try to recoup losses by game sales...

whatever though, I'm not getting one. I know that. Not for a looooooong time.

the core ps3 lacks HDMI, memory card ports and wifi along with the smaller HD

# You lose 40GB (20GB base vs. 60GB)

# You lose HDMI output

# You lose MemoryStick / SD / CompactFlash slots

# You lose 802.11 b/g wireless

I wonder how that's gonna work since without HDMI you wont be able to watch blu ray movies at their intended resolution

someone else said sony tries to just pop out games.. but dude, do you realize sony isnt making the majority of the games? its other companies.. you cant really blame the shittyness on acouple of the games on sony.

true, but ultimately sony has to approve of the games getting released on their system. so if sony is approving of a lot of sorry games then that's on them.

With a $600 price tag there's a good chance this will fall into that niche market where your friend with the rich parents gets one and you go over there to play.

Game systems since like the 80s have hovered around $100. Only the last generation systems and this generation have broken this trend... and the ps3 is really breaking this trend. I'm sure it's worth the money... I just don't think they can expect the average market share for that price till it comes down. They could make like xbox and try to recoup losses by game sales...

whatever though, I'm not getting one. I know that. Not for a looooooong time.

weren't games more expensive during the NES/SNES/Genesis days? i think i recall NES games costing like $60... i know for a fact there was a game for the Sega Genesis that was $100... it was some racing game. a lot had to do with cartridges costing more to make than CD's, and just the overall market trend of technology getting cheaper/easier to make. and wasn't the Panasonic 3DO expensive as fuck? That shit was like 700 bucks when it first dropped. If you ask me, the trend is that costs of games and consoles are on a downward trend, which is a good thing. PS3 will see a price drop very soon after being released. give it a few months.

wait. i dont know what that has to do with it exactly.

i think my point was.. wouldnt you ok acouple of semi-decent games if there was no money out of your pocket?

true, i see what you're saying, because i think sony just makes a portion of the 3rd party developer's profits -- and if the game flops then it hurts that 3rd party company more than sony. of course, sony would rather all 3rd party games were hits because that's just more money for sony. that said, if a company gives the ok to too many poor quality games from 3rd parities, then in the long run it hurts the console company itself (atari jaguar for example)