PS3 Uncovered. Sucks ballsacks.

SpyD

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if i bought some ps3s would i make money off it?

"Sony officials said they would have 4 million PS3 units ready by the end of 2006 and another 6 million by March 31, 2007."

"By the end of 2005, Microsoft stated it sold roughly 900,000 units (of the Xbox 360)."

So.... probably not.

"Sony officials said they would have 4 million PS3 units ready by the end of 2006 and another 6 million by March 31, 2007."

"By the end of 2005, Microsoft stated it sold roughly 900,000 units (of the Xbox 360)."

So.... probably not.

Is this new news? Man, I don't know if Sony can pull that off. Let's hope so!

Actually the reason I'm getting a PS3 as soon as it comes out is becasue my PS2 just broke a couple months ago and I said, "Fuck it, I'm not going to go out and buy a new PS2 and then turn around in a few months and buy a PS3, I'll just save up."

And since I haven't been buying lots of video games or dating and succubuses, I'm actually saving quite a bit of money. But summer is on the horizon, and that means hot chicks in bikinis, which I'm a sucker for.

-fuse.

oh' date=' well, then care to enlighten us on what is?[/quote']

it really depends on people's interests.

i mean, if your whole life revolves around pussy, then good for you, but there's a lot more interesting shit to do than worry about it all the time.

Not to hate on your ViolentByDesign, but people who play Halo are sort of like people that play CS. It's kind of like they don't really count as gamers to me for some reason. I don't know, but a ton of people that play either one exctensively are really annoying. Maybe it's just that I don't want to group them with me.

Not that I really want to group myself with gamers in general, but you can't win 'em all.

-fuse.

Halo 3 Announced

Microsoft shows a trailer for its biggest gun.

by Jared Rea, 05/09/2006

The inevitable occurred today at Microsoft's E3 conference as Halo 3 was shown for the very first time. Before we dive right into this, allow Bungie's very own Frank O'Connor explain the specifics about the announcement trailer:

"The trailer was built to have minimum impact on the development process, and while it required long hours and hard work from many, many Bungie staffers, it utilizes real-game assets, fiction and locations from parts of the 'real' game."

From start to finish, the 90 second trailer answered a few lingering questions from Halo 2, but almost assuredly brought up more than not. With the first visual being that of a shattered and ultimately destroyed Halo, one message is made perfectly clear; Earth has been conquered by the Covenant. Apparently, The Chief's light speed journey back to Earth via Forerunner ship wasn't so speedy after all.

Emerging from the rubble, as tall and as strong as ever, a flash of Cortana appears on screen, speaking of gods and devils -- about how she knows what lurks in the very soul of the Master Chief. Both of his past and of his future.

Yes, Halo fanboys. Cortana is rampant. When we last saw Cortana she was stuck a few light years away on Halo Delta, along with the Flood Gravemind. With both Cortana and Master Chief so far apart, Bungie wants to make this a focal point of the latest in the Halo saga as Bungie's director of cinematics CJ Cowan explains.

"Given the variety of character and story arcs at the end of Halo 2, we wanted to boil down our announcement to a few key threads. Cortana and the Chief being a galaxy apart is a situation we haven't seen before, and is something that is a powerful component to Halo 3. We are using her transmissions in the demo to give the viewer a few subtle clues to her situation and state of mind, without revealing any specifics we want to save for the game itself."

It's also of note to point out the brilliant musical piece -- a preview of what is to come from Bungie's main maestro, Marty O'Donnell. Matt Leone was quick to point that the piece was very interesting for Halo. While the score of the trailer was very true to the essence of Halo, it was also a bit more poignant than usual. Reflective, even.

A few more flashes of a rampant (And totally awesome) Cortana later and the Chief arrives at the edge of a cliff, over looking an excavation site for an enormous structure that has been buried in the Earths crust. The origin appears to be of Forerunner technology, but with hordes of Covenant Cruisers and Banshees flying over the Chief, the view isn't to be admired for long. The structure expands outwards and a brilliant spear of light emmits from it's core.

"This is how the world ends." says Cortana. Queue Halo 3 logo, along with plenty of screams and cheers all around.

first, id much rather we still called it Nintendo Revolution than Nintendo Wii. I dont really understand Wii, and it reminds me of how fucking american i am, and i dont appreciate that. Although maybe it makes more sense... PS3, 360 and Wii. Three letter competition.

Also, someone on the first page said the ps3 remote was the only one to have motion sensor capabilities and thats not true, i read in december how the Revolution controller would have motion sensors, how you could treat it like it was one of the weapons in the game, like a lightsaber. It will bring a whole new level of dorkiness to gaming. The only turn of I can think of, for Revolution, is that the games are guaranteed to kind of suck, or just be the same old same old. I am really looking forward to the franchise games like Zelda or Super Smash Brothers. But why cant we get something like GTA?