XBOX 360 help?

BRIGHTCALMWHO

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Call of Duty 2 is amazing, if you like FPS games. You'll never get it to look that good while it runs that good on a PC, unless you spend two grand. That's the only game I play, I have King Kong but it's pretty flaky. The boxing game is supposed to be really good, I saw it being played at the store and the graphics are unbelievable. Ghost Recon is supposed to be really good. The racing games are supposed to be good, I'm not into those.

The best game coming up is Epic's new game "Gears of War", look it up on IGN.com. Epic did Unreal, this is their first game with entirely new content and I'm pretty sure it's exclusive to the 360. New consoles always start slow. There's usually about a dozen launch titles, two or three really golden ones, and the rest are generally generic and rushed. Once developers start getting really familiar with the developer's kits, things will pick up both in quality and numbers. I'm getting a little frustrated with the lack of games, but I've been playing Call of Duty 2 since January and it's still not getting old. But then again, I'm an FPS nut.

PS3 will be great, I'm sure, but it's already been delayed until x-mas and there have not been any game shots yet, just the physics demonstration. When it comes out, I guarantee you it will be the same situation: two or three good games, then a handful of generic ones with great graphics. People act like it will be the second coming of christ. And Nintendo is over, has been since the 64.

The thing about the GC is that the games are mad fun, but everything about playing them makes me feel like a child.

The colorful controller.

The cartoon-like characters.

The lack of any sort of realism.

The fact that Mario is in every goddamn game.

They seem to miss the concept of adult gamers the majority of the time.

-fuse.

Guest Ginger Bread Man
...Nintendo is over' date=' has been since the 64.[/quote']

nugghie get off those buds. erryone knows duckhunt is where the platinum is at...

I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't have support, just that for gamers our age they have really fallen off the boat.

Did you see the Game Informer article on Red Steel (first game to be previewed for the Wii... an FPS)?

Nope, but I just looked up some pictures, looks really good but I don't know about the whole pointing the remote at the screen like a gun thing. If they make it fully incorporated into the game, with alternate firing, sniper zooming, and at least 5-7 weapons, it'll be great. But if they keep it as just a gimmick, kind of like how in King Kong's human sequences it's almost like playing Rise of the Triad with their FPS interface, then it's not for me. Didn't really read much about it, though. I can't keep up with a lot of gaming news anymore, I just pay attention to the stuff that would reach me through word of mouth or some huge story.

And Nintendo is over' date=' has been since the 64.[/quote']

Nintendo has outsold every other system with an 8bit handheld unit for like 15 years. What does that say? The 360 is a nice machine, but with no software.. its useless. I'm also waiting to see what the Wii will do. I'm a fan of having fun while playing games. I just hate the fucking name Wii.

I'm not saying Nintendo doesn't have support, just that for gamers our age they have really fallen off the boat.

Nope, but I just looked up some pictures, looks really good but I don't know about the whole pointing the remote at the screen like a gun thing. If they make it fully incorporated into the game, with alternate firing, sniper zooming, and at least 5-7 weapons, it'll be great. But if they keep it as just a gimmick, kind of like how in King Kong's human sequences it's almost like playing Rise of the Triad with their FPS interface, then it's not for me. Didn't really read much about it, though. I can't keep up with a lot of gaming news anymore, I just pay attention to the stuff that would reach me through word of mouth or some huge story.

Not sure about the amount and variety of weapons, but the focus of the game is gunplay/swordfighting. So not only do you use the controller to point and shoot (you can shoot gangsta-style if you hold the controller sideways), you get to wield it as a sword with a truly freeform parry/attack system. The article has side-by-side pictures of what the person holding the controller is doing and what appears on the screen, and it looks really damn fun.

The thing is that it's gonna be a little closer to a PC FPS experience, since it does away with the slow response of analog sticks. Level design and enemy placement no longer have to suffer from this.

Mams, I'll keep my eye on it, sounds interesting.

Nintendo has outsold every other system with an 8bit handheld unit for like 15 years. What does that say? The 360 is a nice machine' date=' but with no software.. its useless. I'm also waiting to see what the Wii will do. I'm a fan of having fun while playing games. I just hate the fucking name Wii.[/quote']

I'm sorry, are we talking about something you can put in your pocket or a next-generation console system? Cause I think that the 360, PS3, and wii would crush the Gameboy regardless of it's stick pad.

cop that shit!!! I've had it since the day of its release. XBOX LIVE CALL OF DUTY is a game taht I've been playing nonstop since I got it. PS3 will have Blue Ray chip which will allow you to snapp off on the HD DVD's... the PS3 will be around $ 500-600 a blue ray dvd player will start at $1000.00 so the PS3 you got to get just because of its great capabilities and ofcourse the games. Nintendo Revolution has some weird looking controler that Im not to thrilled with but MARIO BROS 168 Is a game I have to have and you'll also be able to play every nintendo game ever made by downloading it into the console off of a website.

Oh.. you may not want to get any of these new consoles if you DONT HAVE AN HD TV. Thats what makes these games pimp!