Ask an Aussie...

Hoblow

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

have u ever seen

a funnel web spider

or a brown snake

?

Yes both, Brown snakes are very common, generaly you would only see them out of the corner of your eye as they slither away due to vibrations they feel in the ground. They are most commonly found in long grassy areas in bushland, then only in the summer because they are cold blooded animals.

A well known way of lowering your chances of being bitten if you have to walk through long grass or other possible brown snake hang outs, is to stomp your feet and clap your hands loudly.

I remember once as a kid going for a bushwalk through a rainforest in Newcastle NSW. On the way back from my destination, I litterally started noticing brown snakes every few meters, I dont know what the fuck was going on but it was pretty freaky because they where EVERYWHERE!

f294a.jpg

f294b.jpg

Funnel web spiders are also common in certain areas of NSW, I have seen lots of thier webs in the past but I havent generaly tried to fuck with them and get them out of the nest.

funnelweb2.jpg

funnel_web.jpg

Trapdoor spiders are also pretty cool.

misgolas_female.jpg

misgolas_burrow.jpg

haha. picture that. running away pullin ya pants up from a family of comodos.

"Ohhhhh SHIT!, RUN!"

more gnarley ozzy animals...

great white.

greatwhiteshark.jpg

Box jellyfish.

boxjellyfish.jpg

dont mess.

a girlfriends dad once stood on a sting ray.

said it was the most physical pain he ever felt.

zippidy do da.

Meh, I don't care how many deadly creatures you got, alligators eat motherfuckers in the suburbs here.

Here's a quote from yesterday's news... dateline Ft. Lauderdale:

Cop says: "We have witnesses and we have physical evidence to support our theory that the young lady was dragged into the water and attacked"

I would suggest that perhaps she was attacked and then dragged but I'm sure he knows his job...

more news from yesterday:

75 year old woman defends herself from gator with garden hose.

Gittles was watering potted plants in her backyard at the time of the attack. She said she felt what she thought was a snake bite her leg.

"I felt something grab on to me and I shook my leg, and I shook it loose," she said. "When I looked down, I saw the alligator, and he was looking at me.

"I realized I had a hose in my hand. I gave him one good whack on the nose."

Gittles, a resident of Blue Heron Pines mobile home park, then finished her watering before going inside to calmly tell her husband, Tony. She said she wasn't about to quit watering until the job was done because, with watering restrictions, she wouldn't be able to complete the job for days.

more news from yesterday:

75 year old woman defends herself from gator with garden hose.

Gittles was watering potted plants in her backyard at the time of the attack. She said she felt what she thought was a snake bite her leg.

"I felt something grab on to me and I shook my leg, and I shook it loose," she said. "When I looked down, I saw the alligator, and he was looking at me.

"I realized I had a hose in my hand. I gave him one good whack on the nose."

Gittles, a resident of Blue Heron Pines mobile home park, then finished her watering before going inside to calmly tell her husband, Tony. She said she wasn't about to quit watering until the job was done because, with watering restrictions, she wouldn't be able to complete the job for days.

Gittles is my kind of woman....

Where I live, Kangaroo's come out of the bush into the suburbs when it gets colder, because there is less food to eat in the bushland. They hang around in groups on the side of the street like hoodlums, I asked one for a cigerette once but he wasnt impressed!

Another time I was walking down the street and there was one in my path, im a big guy so usually they would move out of my way, this one stood staring me down untill I walked around! I got stood over by a Kangaroo on my own block! hahah

27-52m.jpg