Whats up with boston??

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

okay klitschko,

great so you got banged out by some clown and a bunch a broads and didnt even get a shot in? watch out for this guy in a dark alley..

not really sure where the dick riding reference came from still scratching my head over that ....but it looked cool when you said it and the smiley was cute too...get em outta here...

Erep for you for being hard on the internet!

I put the guy in an armbar. That a few kicks from others around ended the situation until the bouncer arrived.

Trying to beat the shit outta a drunken dumb ass is pointless...why waste energy time on that? Stupid shit like that causes unwanted attention and you usually end up looking the bigger asshole...(that would be you in this instance..)

YEAH, PERHAPS. I FIND IT MORE COMMON IN THE MANUAL LABOR WORKING FORCE THAN ANYTHING. HEARING A BUNCH OF BOSTON CONSTRUCTION WORKERS TALKING SHIT OVER CAN BE AMUSING.

THE PEOPLE I KNOW FROM BOSTON DON'T HAVE ACCENTS, BUT THAT IS PROBABLY A WHOLE OTHER ISSUE. I HAD ONE WHEN I WAS MUCH YOUNGER, BUT IT FADED. I BELIEVE IT FADED WHEN I REALIZED HOW STUPID IT SOUNDS. I RECENTLY FOUND AN AUDIO TAPE OF ME AND A FRIEND TALKING THAT I RECORDED WHEN I WAS IN 8TH GRADE...I SOUNDED LIKE AN ASSHOLE. HAIL MARY.

so you got something against people who do manual labor?....

YEAH, PERHAPS. I FIND IT MORE COMMON IN THE MANUAL LABOR WORKING FORCE THAN ANYTHING. HEARING A BUNCH OF BOSTON CONSTRUCTION WORKERS TALKING SHIT OVER CAN BE AMUSING.

THE PEOPLE I KNOW FROM BOSTON DON'T HAVE ACCENTS, BUT THAT IS PROBABLY A WHOLE OTHER ISSUE. I HAD ONE WHEN I WAS MUCH YOUNGER, BUT IT FADED. I BELIEVE IT FADED WHEN I REALIZED HOW STUPID IT SOUNDS. I RECENTLY FOUND AN AUDIO TAPE OF ME AND A FRIEND TALKING THAT I RECORDED WHEN I WAS IN 8TH GRADE...I SOUNDED LIKE AN ASSHOLE. HAIL MARY.

bro I have a wicked good idea who you are and unless you moved away from home, you most likely 100% have a thick boston accent... a real scummy one too... like me, lol

but seriously, people from the working class n'hoods most likely have thick accents whether or not they are laborers or poor. I am well edcuated and still get drunk, talk funny and alienate everyone around me by my bad behavior and even worse language...

i wouldnt park my car in or around harvard sq at all' date=' i wouldnt even bring a car into that area. Only tourists are that dumb[/quote']

You guys have the worst streets in the world. Narrow and windy, and too many one way streets. I tried to get from downtown to roxbury and gave up after too many detours around oneways.

Makros, you most definitely had a boston accent, at least partially. i think the accent is more prevalent on south shore folks, including my girl, who sounds like a trucker once she gets heated about something and starts swearing about work or whatnot. on a side note, i must say its totally unattractive on a lady, but while visiting other areas, such as Canada or other states, I've had girls that have commented on the accent totally in favor of it on a guy. Man with Answers, the description given fits a lot of folks in (T)!

The whole Northeast likes to get drunk and start beefs...it's a way of life

its Bostons traditional pastime.

ovbiously you couldnt hang cause you turned your back on the dude and got a nice lump on your turnip to sport for a few days.

if you got the hoes a few founds you probably would have had a nice night and that bitch would still have her tooth

Its all your fault

i parked my car in havahd squared and it got towed!!!! bastids! i swear i got my car towed in boston all the time. and then stolen..

i started saying wicked after i moved away. and i've always said pisser but not from living in boston.

i loved that city but it was too damn cold. i prefer my current location. but i'll be up in beantown when it get hot as fark in august here.

and i never got in a fight there, but i did see many of therm. a lot more than here.

I would like to clear up a few misconceptions of the Boston dialect...

1.the main diffrence between it and the rest of America is the soft and hard "A"s

In boston the "A" is pronounced softly, like "ahhhh" not hard like in "At-At (from star wars)"

pronouncing an A like that leads to other sounds merging, especially the "R" sound, thus cahhhh, ahhlington, pahhhhk etc etc

2. the other main diffrence is the "a" and "ER" sound at the end of words. Words that end in "er" like teacher, worker, pisser etc get changed to an "ahhhhh" sound.

Conversly words that end in "a" change to "er" as in Amander, Brianner, Soder (even though where I'm from we say tonic, not soda). Theres a reason for this related to how Boston people speak fast and merge words and sounds, but I won't get into it...

thats really all it. the main trouble people have today trying to do the Boston accent, is that the way Americans say "a" has changed so much, they are not used to the soft "a", even though it was very common before WWII...