Analog to Digital...warmth transferrence?

Smart

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If i'd get an mp3 player it would be an ipod, hands down. Dont know how much played or trendy it looks to some people but its definatelly the best out there. I dont think i need one actually, i feel like a clown wearing headphones on the street so i have no use for it. My phone has a 512mb card for music and that covers my daily subway needs.

Minidisc is truth. I rocked a minidisc for a long time, and I was perfectly happy with it. I never would have bought an ipod, but I got one as a gift, so I'm not complaining.

I still use minidisc to record DJ sets though. Those things should have replaced CDs and DVDs, but for some reason, they didn't quite take off... even though they are far superior technology. I think it was just unlucky timing.

^That looks fucking sick.

My friend (the guy who has the e4c's and who sold me the Sennheisers) is getting this thing. I wonder if it works as good as it says it does.

Utilizing the Creative X-Fi Xtreme Fidelity audio processor your music and movie audio is sent through a two-step quality enhancement process. First the processor converts the audio into 24-bit/96kHz quality using its virtually transparent SRC (Sample Rate Converter) engine. Then it remasters and selectively enhances the audio by analyzing and identifying which parts of the audio stream have been restricted/damaged during the compression stages to 16-bit and then to MP3.

If i'd get an mp3 player it would be an ipod' date=' hands down. Dont know how much played or trendy it looks to some people but its definatelly the best out there. I dont think i need one actually, i feel like a clown wearing headphones on the street so i have no use for it. My phone has a 512mb card for music and that covers my daily subway needs.[/quote']

wait a bit. the new ipod flash drives are comming out soon.

^That looks fucking sick.

My friend (the guy who has the e4c's and who sold me the Sennheisers) is getting this thing. I wonder if it works as good as it says it does.

the Xi-Fi for sure improves sound quality. I didnt believe it at first, but it does.

Unless you have a ridiculously high quality audio setup that can actually play the frequencies cut off during mp3 compression' date=' you really shouldn't have any problem with anything over 192-kbps.[/quote']

That's garbage. I've made MP3 CDs of music I've made and .WAV CDs of music I've made, and on any stereo the difference is apparent. MP3 allows for significant loss of frequencies; while they are extreme frequencies, as a whole they DO affect the picture. It also allows for artifacts that are caused by the compression, leaving unwanted glitches and loss of data. Any audiophile will not even bother with MP3.

If you are making a demo to send out to labels, then learn how to burn at CD quality. Don't use MP3s, because they will just laugh at you.

And any product that claims to decode MP3 back into hi-fidelity audio is questionable at best. The definition of "lossy" means that you lose what was there, meaning you cannot get it back. You can attempt to emulate what was there, but that does not equate to what it once was and if anything will make it sound even more digital. MP3's are not .ZIP files, audio is a very complex format which is very difficult to predict for these programs.

Whoa there, Captain Earmaster Supreme. The difference is not all that apparent on anything over 192-kbps. 128-kbps is very noticeable, 160 is OK, 192 is pretty good. 320-kbps will be pretty much the same as CD on most stereo systems. Your average Sony boombox won't be able to differ between the two, it simply can't reproduce the full audio spectrum.

Whoa there' date=' Captain Earmaster Supreme. The difference is not all that apparent on anything over 192-kbps. 128-kbps is very noticeable, 160 is OK, 192 is pretty good. 320-kbps will be pretty much the same as CD on most stereo systems. Your average Sony boombox won't be able to differ between the two, it simply can't reproduce the full audio spectrum.[/quote']

That's why people need to get $4,000 dollar sound-systems, already.

Also, the difference between MP3, even those above 192khz, and .WAV is very noticable on a $100 dollar set of headphones.

What I'm mainly making a point about is demos and DJ's. If you're making a demo for your band or group or self, don't make it out of MP3 files. If you're going to be playing a club or party or whatever, don't do it off your fucking i-pod.

^Oh, definitely. That would be like somebody interviewing for an aircraft design position with a handful of paper airplanes for a portfolio.

Yes, that was, indeed, one of the worst analogies ever thought up by anyone.

Anyways, most people don't invest in $100+ headphones. Why would they, when they have COBY and KOSS?

I have the stere-ereo to listen to music sounding great. Out of the house I'm able to put up with a tremendous loss in fidelity. Not so much in the car, and boats need tweaking but, on the bike or on foot I mostly just want it loud.

portable music is annoying. once the novalty of mp3 players wears off, nobody's going to be using them. same thing happened with cd players when they first dropped. you saw everyone and their mother with one...then after a while you look like some dumb ass jogger if you're using one...or some white kid trying to look hip hop with his sony's. the only portable music i get down with is in my car.