BITER thread!

STYLEISKING

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dondi-041.jpg

screen-shot-2010-10-27-at-6-58-10-am.png?w=500&h=318

bite/biting

Used in graffiti, as with the other definitions, it is to steal someones idea/style. Used by true graffiti heads, the guys that have skill and have the right to critique others work. Not the gangs of filth that spread their messy skribble tags and would die if they ever attempted to design a piece.

TRIBUTE: A peice of work that imitates and directly takes from a previous work from another Artist

for the sake of paying respect because it is obvious that it is being copied.

Some may call this action a BITE but clearly they are Wrong in the fact that the work is intended to pay tribute

rather than Steal an Idea and or get Paid with Money and or Fame for the Original Idea because

the 2nd Artist knows for a fact that it is just way to Obvious.

this thread is pretty sad. someone should teach euro cats the english language. this fools been posting tributes now for over a year thinking cats are trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes and biting. fucking stupid.

also while im here about that jaes shit. another fucking desperate reach. i have seen cats doing pieces over big straight letters and soft styles in the early 2000s. and jurne did it too two or three years back so its whatevs. im not no jaes fan but come the fuck on. styleisking thinks him, msk and kem invented everything. zzzz

• Like 2

Just for educational purposes.

I see a lot of the diamond style pieces posted with accusation of people of biting Askew and Roids. Both Askew and Roids have developed this style into something noticeably popular these days although they are not the original founders of the diamond style concept. In the 80's Trixter FEDS Chicago developed a Diamond style that was passed on to several crew members who did variations of in over 20 years ago. In the 90's I recall seeing Gaze do some 3d diamonds in a piece... he was always innovating styles with the use of triangles. Here I have posed East and Vogues doing a revised version of diamond style in 2005. I have seen this style develop over the years into what Askew and Roids do now, so I do now see this as biting... it's just a development of a concept. Nothing is fully original, we just progress off what the last guy did.

East Vogues - 2005

diamonds.jpg

Image taken from the DF book Idiots on Parade.

Just for educational purposes.

I see a lot of the diamond style pieces posted with accusation of people of biting Askew and Roids. Both Askew and Roids have developed this style into something noticeably popular these days although they are not the original founders of the diamond style concept. In the 80's Trixter FEDS Chicago developed a Diamond style that was passed on to several crew members who did variations of in over 20 years ago. In the 90's I recall seeing Gaze do some 3d diamonds in a piece... he was always innovating styles with the use of triangles. Here I have posed East and Vogues doing a revised version of diamond style in 2005. I have seen this style develop over the years into what Askew and Roids do now, so I do now see this as biting... it's just a development of a concept. Nothing is fully original, we just progress off what the last guy did.

East Vogues - 2005

DID'NT YOU MEAN TO SAY, YOU DON'T SEE THIS AS BITING?

ONE IS THE BEVELED LETTER TAKEN FROM FONT/CHISLED TYPE WAY BEFORE YOU CAN THINK, ROMAN?

THE OTHER IS DIAMOND SHAPES OF SEVERAL COLORS FADED., THAT COULD BE TEXTURE OR JUST A SICK FILL IN.

23785.png

Este (East)-blown out fill. 1992 & Est (East) 1989...

estebrushcreekkcmo1992.png

chi214.jpg

I dont even have to post a flick of a "biter" since the entire world is doing this nowadays... myself still included. ;)

Nonetheless, I agree with Manbearpig... this is NOT biting. Its a development of an idea or concept taken to new levels & painted with todays styles/techniques.

Aren't Bates, Rime, and Jaes all buddies?

I personally like to "bite" from my friends and crewmates.

I usually tell them that I'm gonna attempt a style/technique that they did and blah blah blah,

then they can give me a heads up on things they found difficult/how things could be improved. Kinda like building on ideas, ya know?

Its win/win, and lots of fun usually.

But sometimes I tell them after the fact or not at all. People I consider friends aren't that uptight for the most part.

Its whatever, my 2 worthless cents.

Sorry to interupt.

p.s.

Not that it needs to be said, but thanks to East and Emit (and all of DF pretty much), for always dropping worthwhile knowledge.

It just seems outrageous to claim you invented something new in 2011. It's good to know the history and who was inventive first, but as we progress these ideas we all more forward... stepping stones for the next guy...

We need a innovation thread not a biting thread.....

thats the irony in all that shit, jaes was cod and ironlak br0s all vouched for and "not biting"

now he is black listed and all of a sudden he is a biter and its ok to call him out??? people just look like suckers.

I personally like to "bite" from my friends and crewmates.

I usually tell them that I'm gonna attempt a style/technique that they did and blah blah blah,

then they can give me a heads up on things they found difficult/how things could be improved. Kinda like building on ideas, ya know?

Its win/win, and lots of fun usually.

But sometimes I tell them after the fact or not at all. People I consider friends aren't that uptight for the most part.

Its whatever, my 2 worthless cents.

Sorry to interupt.

p.s.

Not that it needs to be said, but thanks to East and Emit (and all of DF pretty much), for always dropping worthwhile knowledge.

Agreed ^^^ & thank you back!