Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
STYLEISKING

BITER thread!

I ACTUALLY WASN'T CALLING ANYONE A BITER.

JUST MAKING A POINT THAT MOST EVERYTHING HAS BEEN DONE ALREADY.

IT SUCKS WHEN YOU THINK YOU MADE SOMETHING UP,

THEN THUMBING THROUGH OLD NY FLICKS YOU SEE T-KID OR LADY PINK BUSTED THE BEGINNINGS TO YOUR SO CALLED ORIGINAL IDEA.

BIG DIFFERENCE BETWEEN RIPPING OFF (BITING) AND COMING UP WITH SOMETHING YOU CALL ORIGINAL AND SOMEONE ELSWHERE DOES THE SAME THING WITHOUT SEEING EACHOTHERS SHIT, BITING? NO

FLARED OUT FADING LETTERS, BANDO AND CHROME ANGELS, LOOK IT UP.

BEFORE THEM? I HAVE NO CLUE.

AND ELVIS WAS MAKING UP ALL HIS SHIT TOO RIGHT?!

OPEN A BEER, I AM.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
The Flared out letters weren't invented by TCA and Rime im sure will be the first to tell you that he didnt invent it, whats important is that he is doing his shit and brings all elements to his pieces. It isnt just the flared out letters that makes this other writers style look like rime its the whole feel of it and thats when you can see observe the huge similarities. So whoever invented some technique dont mean shit in this case cause its so much more than just that....

Post more Shit, ill dig deep on some other shit later i know there is more out there...

DON'T GET ALL CRAZY, YOU KINDA STARTED THIS RANT.

you coining characteristics with names. But when you put two things next to each other its easy to see who was looking at who. Its not important who made it up. its where one person is getting it from. This thread is about biting, not origins. or the thread would be called "ORIGINATORS"

Dont get off track, you know what happens when you see something and it immediately reminds you of someone in particular. It's one person jocking someone else.

Where I come from it's emabarrassing to be a biter, now you fuckers got it so the bad guy is the one pointing out the biter, thats why so many people bite now cuz you people immediately respond with threats when someone brings it up. Fuck is wrong with that picture? Ask yourself.

Stop fuckin biting and no one would be making threads about it.

I ACTUALLY AGREE WITH YOU ON ALL THAT.

SOME PEOPLE CARRY ON A STYLE DUE TO THE "ORIGINATOR" NOT PAINTING ANYMORE.

THAT'S RESPECTED IF THEY PULL IT OFF WELL AND HIT THEM UP HERE AND THERE.

BUT THEM ARROWS SHOULD ONLY BE DONE BY THE FEW THAT DID THEM GOOD.

WHICH I COULD GIVE A SHIT ABOUT BECAUSE I NEVER LIKED THEM,

AND VIBE ANY OF MY FREINDS THAT TRY TO DO THEM.

JUST LIKE THE ERNI/DELTA 3-D , SOME PULL IT BUT IS IT A BITE, NO, A 3-D STRUCTURE =

LOL = GOD ORIGINATED THAT. (*That will be the funniest/corniest shit said tonight)

MOST OF THE 2 PICTURE EXAMPLES ON HERE TALK FOR THEMSELVES.

CHEERS, I'N ON MY 3RD PABST LOL

werd to gilligans island.

youre biting off the new york times headlines with your cap locks though. Dont make me pull files chico. lollll

good discussion guys.. i need another beer now.

Here is my gaze reference. Maybe not whispy, but the letters that end into negative space.

Never saw anyone do it before Gaze and he was published in mags all over in the 90's doing it.

Weather he invented it of not, dude killed it with tons of new ideas... most people these days don't realize the shit he did cause it was so strange at the time, people just over looked it. Now a lot of it it has become pretty trendy.

gazenyc.jpg

Gaze was the Man But you guys really dont remember How Joker and others were on some other shit in the early nineties also this was i think earlier than 94

2611847333_733d4df17d_o.jpg

and this was 94

2611847499_f3dbc4af4b_o.jpg

Playhing devils advocate, who's to say Joker hadnt visited NYC in 94, or seen Gaze in Undercover or watched any of the video graffs he was in back then that was seen all over states. Not taking anything away from Joker, but we didnt know about that guy out here at all. and I doubt Gaze went to wherever Joker was from and bit it off him and brought it back to nyc. The same exact downtown area that EVERY tourist bombs when they come to NYC is the same downtown parking lots that had GAZE Pieces for all the tourists to see. My first time in L.A. I hung out at a dudes house and looked thru boxes of photos only to see tons of 90's soho photos that I wanted but was unable to have cuz it was the guy's "memorable NYC trip" from back then. Just sayin, I personally never seen those Joker pieces till tonight and Im more hip to think the west was lookin East then the East lookin West for inspiration( back then anyway). Im only assuming Joker is from the West 'Cuz I woulda seen more of him I would think if he was from somewhere out East, I could be wrong cuz I see a SMK hook up which could mean he was from D.C. ?? Which also opens another can of worms, cuz SMK was painting with CYCLE in 94 to my knowledge, so Joker could have easily seen GAZE pics through Cycle.

COUGH,,,COUGH,,,,

ACTUALLY I DO REMEMBER THOSE GOOD DAYS IN SAN DIEGO.

THE BOTTOM ONE WAS IN THE SAME ISSUE OF CRAZY KINGS THAT I FINALLY GOT IN.

COVER=SEEN's BIRTHDAY

AND BEFORE HIM,PUSHING THE ENVELOPE WAS WIZARD (ZARD)

*ALSO IN THAT SAME ISSUE. (LAST PAGE)

AND GAZE GOTZ DA GUSTO!

I SAW A FLICKR PICTURE THAT HAD BEEN UP FOR YEARS WITH NOT 1 EFFING COMMENT, COMPLETELY PISSED ME OFF.

Gaze has a flickr account? thats wierd.

NO, JUST A PICTURE ON "SOMEBODY's" FLICKR.

WERE ALL TALKING TOO MUCH-

PEACE

@Twonpoo

I dont think Either where looking at each other Joker was from DC and did paint with Felon Sope and Cycle and im sure he seen gazes work and im sure gaze seen his but i guarantee they had nothing to do with each other what gaze was doing and what Joker was doing where based on 2 completely different things. I remember seeing Gaze in the trainyards out where i was and being blown away that he was on some shit like i was on but i had no clue who he was till then, this is one of those instances where people on the other side of the world just pop off and do some shit similiar on accident. Joker's work was based on alot of experimenting with another forgotten writer named rayge and Raeyvn. They would do exercises and experiment with random shit outside of graff like electrical circuits and drawings so you can see where some of those things come through in the paintings. Gaze i dont think was even thinking about shit like that, so i dont see either looking at each others work for influence.

Too Bad there isnt more work from Rayge and Raeyvn out there these guys where way ahead of there time.

you shouldnt have to, and furthermore no one should be barked at for pointing out these things. SmartM is is doing the exact thing that should be frowned on. Biting should be pointed out ALL the time, without someone sayin some dumb shit about "being on your boys dick"

like theres not plenty of dick riding already when people bite and get praised for it, but you rather tell someone to get off THEIR BOYS dick?

you niggaz are confused today werd up.

1183725256_f.jpg

this was a tribute to jepsy painted by mozes

calling them out biters is strait up hate

whit 0 knowledge learn some respect

4080550739_8ee7156ece_z.jpg

ummm.....can nobody see the rime-ish face in the G i think?i dig sigh,i know he is dope in his own rite,but come on dude...