12oz medical...hurting wrist

Hayabusa

im just curious, i am going to a doctor for this, but i wanna hear ur guys take on this

my wrist had been in some minor to severe discomfort since about december of last year. (the paint intensity has changed from minor, to severe, to minor, now to a bit more painful)

I have no idea why, it just kinda started to hurt out of nowhere. Prior to it hurting, i have also been playing goalkeeper for indoor soccer, which is one possible source of injury as it started hurting right after our season ended. I got it Xrayed and there are no broken bones....Its been somewhat less painful from december on, cuz i rested quite a bit and shit...took a while for the hurting to out right stop etc...

recently, end of March, i competed in a judo tournament where i think i strained it or worked it too hard, and the pain is back again. Keep in mind that previous to the tournament i was able to practice without discomfort...

the pains located near the outside of the wrist (not towards the thumb, but on the side of the pinky)...It hurts when i do extreme motions that is the best way to describe it...like when i bend my hand forward or backwards beyond normal so like if i stretch it up or down...also doing like a flick movement in the wrist causes minor pain. i cannot put weight on it like for pushups cuz it hurts, but i can make a fist and put weight on my fist fine, its when i open my hand and rest my weight on it that my wrist kills..also pulling like with a reverse curl movement hurts (like doing a bicep curl but with the hand/palm facing down towards the ground)....honestly i got no clue wtf caused this...nothings broken....i do type and write a lot for school and nothing happpened in my MA class that resulted in real wrist pain....so iono wtf the deal is..what do u guys think?

handstretchpr.jpg

this is the movements that make it hurt that i was talkin about prevously

ps. i will be seeing a physio this week, so heres a chance to see how accurate ur predictions are

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

word

i get money back from physio visits too

i dont think its something really bad cuz usually those things come with tingling and numbness

and i aint getting any of it

altho the last doc i went to said someting about the bones grinding together and causing pain, except he never outright told me what to do about it...asshole...

I have a tiny muscle twitch in my left upper eyelid that's been happening for a couple of days. I occasionally get small muscle spasms in various places on my body, so it doesn't worry me so much as make me wonder what's causing it and why it's going on for so long. It usually only twitches when my eye is closed or nearly closed, but sometimes when it's fully open.

Is it fatal?

I'm gonna go ahead and say you've created some sort of chronic inflammation, due to straining it at some point, and never allowing it to heal properly. It could be a problem with your cartilage, possibly from overworking the area when it was damaged. It's possible to repair it simply by starting on a glucosamine chondroitin supplement regimen, which can repair cartilage loss and joint pain. It may be an injured tendon, which shrunk due to an injury, in which case you can try to stretch it out on a daily basis and strengthen it with light weights. I'm guessing it's the cartilage, if it's painful bending it at either angle. I have a similar problem with my ankles and my big toe on my left foot, probably from skating when I was younger. My ankles crack so loud you wouldn't believe.

werd sounds like carpal tunnel syndrome to me

repetive motion problem

unless there hasn't been repetitive motion, in which case i cannot help you.

probably you'll have to wear a brace for a time or something

old injuries that keep coming back SUCK ASS

I had a similar pain(no numbness, no swelling, etc.) in my hand and went to a doctor to get it checked out, they ran some x-rays and stuff and told me that I was experiencing growing pains?

growing.jpg

Seaver-ly a waste of my time going to the doctor who told me to take a few aspirins.

I suggest building up your calcium intake to make thiose bones stronger.

The barometric pressure typically falls before the onset of wet weather, and, when the outside pressure falls, body tissues -- tendons, ligaments, muscles and bones -- may readjust by expanding to varying degrees and, in doing so, can trigger the sensitized nerves that send out pain signals.

I got my hand x-rayed today because it's hurt ever since I fell on it skateboarding two months ago. I kept putting off going to the doctor because I don't have insurance, but I finally decided that I should suck it up and spend the money so I can be sure this won't turn into one of those lifelong chronic pains.

Five hours and a shitload of money later, they told me that there was nothing wrong, and it "should probably start to feel better over time."

Thanks.