Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
beardo

i should re-consider a culinary degree

me too,me and porkchizzle was talking about this earlier,i mean i can cook just about anything,why not go to culinary school,i already work in a restaurant.

I think its best to enjoy it in youre own time. I found when I had a cooking job, I wouldnt want to cook for myself when I was off work. Maybe that was just my own lameness, but I can see it happening.

yeah I was doing a chef apprenticeship for a bit - fucking shit.

My boss was a pratt + I had to work weekends so whenever I turned up to work I was rocking a killer hangover, or I just didn't go out. Bad job.

go to culinary school and become a personal chef for some millionare

fuck a resturant job....

made myself a banging ass hunk of salmon for dinner. topped with a stone brewery ruination ipa. i'm ready to take on the world.

NO... cook for yourself. Though the world of haute cuisine might go wanting without your frozen pizza w/ a side of exploded krylon recipie...

Seriously though, you look like you've gained at least 10 pounds since the last time I saw you so you must be getting food somewhere...

yeah, I was trying to be nice... but now you look like my little brother, AND THAT'S ON YOU MY MAN!

Lately I've been having an omlette everyday about now... sautee some onions, crisp up some bacon and toss shredded mexican cheese and a little salsa! BOING! Hmmm... now I'm looking at the stove...

first you gotta shred some mexicans... it gets messy for a bit then...

Working in restaurants sucks. Once you cook for a living you won't enjoy it any more. True story.

I love cooking, and I was really close to going to cooking school, even went and visited a few with Effyoo, but then I realized there is absolutely no way I could deal with the stress of working in a kitchen. Anyone who's been there knows what I'm talking about. Shit's hectic, son..

anyone who loves to cook needs to actually do hard time in a restaurant kitchen before they sign off on it as thier new career

cooking is productive, fun, creative, meditative, etc etc etc ..until you get behind the line.

kitchens attract crazy people and ex cons, i used to work with coke fiends, dope heads, drunks, and guys who went back to jail when their shift was over.

i've had a gazillion shouting matches, haha one time i saw a waiter do a crazy dive through a line window past teh expediter to punch a cook on the other side

cooking professionally is a tough job with high burn out potential, no pun intended.

but yeah, good luck, if you love it, you love it

and i miss it sometimes.

Register for a 12ozProphet forum account or sign in to comment

You need to be a forum member in order to comment. Forum accounts are separate from shop accounts.

Create an account

Register to become a 12ozProphet forum member.

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now