Taking spray cans on airplane?

castironpossum

Not on my carry-on of course, but i was wondering if someone more intelligent myself could tell me:

-whether or not the depressureized cabin of the plane will make my cans pop?

-whether or not the cans themselves or on a hot list of somesort for baggage inspection?

Those were the only reasons i could think of not too, but if anyone could add some input.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

Re: Take-ing spray cans on airplane?

Seriously, with the way security is these days, they'd probably x-ray those cans in your bag, freak out, put it in a blast cage and blow your suitcase up "just to be safe"

Don't take the risk your cans won't pop open and saturate your clothing in mid flight.

"Well, I was going to buy myself two weeks of sex here in thailand but now it looks like I'll be replacing all my clothing instead! Woooo!"

But yeah duder, just leave the paint at home. Do a little research on where you are going and just buy some gear when you get there

they will not pop open.

but.

if the security is screening checked bags with xray, and a lot of airports do now, they might see the cans and look in the bag

then you'd play dumb and they'd probably throw the cans away

(though it could be more serious)

it is absolutely easier to buy paint once you get there, unless you only want to take one or two special cans.

and YES AEROSOL CANS HAVE BEEN SPECIFICALLY BANNED FROM AIRPLANES< CARRY ON OR OTHERWISE

AND ESPECIALLY THOSE LIKE SPRAYPAINT< WHICH CONTAIN A FLAMMABLE SOLVENT!

...yep yep, spray cans are banned from airplanes...

...i purchased a shitload of rare japanese, thai and american cans in Thailand and had to surrender all of them...you had me laughing Lens, no thai ladyboys for me, same same...