When friends pass away....

Gunm

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.

losing a friend unexpectedly, at a young age, and suddenly

is very difficult.

leaving shit unsaid is even worse.

i've seen some people tortured by this shit before.

take every day for what it is: another chance to do what you can before it's time to check out.

best wishes mang, feel better

Once again, thanks to all.

Almost a week later and I am over the worst of my grief. No alcohol, painting and walking an average of 5-6 miles a night, occasional puff of the devil weed and good conversations with friends have lept me going.

I am going to visit buddies parents on sunday. i have a flick of a wall me and him hit on our first nighttime mission together. I wanna blow it up a little bit, frame it and give it to his brother.....sound good?

So, I been seeing this thread, and I feel for whoever but... I never read it. I go through this on an almost constant basis. Not sure why... but, anyway.. I didn't know where else to post this.

A year ago, nearly to the day, a very close friend of mine passed. He was Eric. It was weird, only a month after his birthday and it followed in the wake of another friend's suicide about a month before, which is an issue in itself. Eric and I would sometimes take time out from our party mode and visit friend's graves and stuff (several of them suicides as well). Eric was supposed to live forever, like me, so... sorting it all out has been weird, but I'm pro so... I just do what I always do, try to remember them everyday, drop a tear when appropriate and drive on...

Anyway, last night at around 4am I heard a noise at my front door, I checked and found a painting that Eric had given me to hold about 15 years ago. I kept it for about 12 years and he finally reclaimed it... and here it was on my porch.

So, I walked outside and found my homie's widow and my ex-girl in my driveway. Widow girl kissed and hugged me a bunch and I never said a word to ex-girl. It lasted maybe 10 minutes and then they drove off...

I got nothing but love and support for widow girl but WTF was that?

no, no words, I mean "I love you" "How're the kids?" "Are you ok?"... stuff like that but no, not really anything, she said she just "had to drop off the painting" and that was unsolicited info that I was unable to spontaneously create a comeback for... "Why?" isn't a good question for these girls, that's a long a twisted road that makes no sense... so I just nodded. After that was all small talkish, the girls are fine Zoe likes 1st grade and can't ride the bus, the others are coming along, hope you're allright, stay in touch... VRRROOOM...