the new tool record is fucking borring.

seeking

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: this new tool record is fucking boring.

aenima was amazing. unfortunately i listened to it so much that i kinda killed it.

undertow is still good.

same here...

I still listen to opiate and undertow on a fairly regualr basis, aenima was great was well, but that is when they started getting all "progressive"

I mean come on, how many of your songs have to go on for 10 minutes???

I remember when TOOL was a fucking rock and roll band, what happened to them?

i dont know what KOH is talking about, tool sounds nothing like quicksand. perhaps their earlier stuff shared a slight genre resemblence, but no more so than any other number of bands, and definitely not in the lyrical content or overall theme. also, they've gone on in their own unique and influential way. there are tons of far worse cases of plagarism, i hardly see this as one to concern oneself with.

I started liking Toool back a long time ago when I realized that what they were doing didn't really sound like anyone else, so I thought 'cool' and got the album, but then I realized that all the songs really sounded like Toool, so I gave that album to my roommate, and then, when their next album came out, and it sounded EXACTLY like Toool, well, I knew... and I think I'm a better man for having had the experience.

I started liking Toool back a long time ago when I realized that what they were doing didn't really sound like anyone else' date=' so I thought 'cool' and got the album, but then I realized that all the songs really sounded like Toool, so I gave that album to my roommate, and then, when their next album came out, and it sounded EXACTLY like Toool, well, I knew... and I think I'm a better man for having had the experience.[/b']

A tool is a tool is a tool is a tool.

TOOL = GODS.

FUCK OFF HATERS>

IM KEEN TO HERE THE NEW ALBUM

DONT LET ME DOWN.

NEXT LEVEL SHIT>

YOU KNOW A BANDS GOT RESPECT WHEN ORCHESTRAS TAKE THERE MUSIC AND PUT IT TO AN ORCHESTA. REALY SAYS SOMETHING>

bLaH>

TRANQ SUCKS>

IM KEEN TO HERE THE NEW ALBUM

YOU KNOW A BANDS GOT RESPECT WHEN ORCHESTRAS TAKE THERE MUSIC AND PUT IT TO AN ORCHESTA. REALY SAYS SOMETHING

put THAT in yer pipe and suck it!

^ bump.

DM6 Q3A?

KOOTZ

DM6 Q1, that's what I'm about. But more Claustraphobopolis.

Relating that to the thread, the comparision between Trent Reznor's music work on Quake and Tool's music work on Doom 3, Reznor takes it in miles. So does Quake 1.

Re: that fool is a boring fucking heavylox.

Weak, I was about to make a thread for the new album...

I hate to do this but here's the link to the "album" if you haven't heard it yet. http://isohunt.com/torrents.php?ihq=Tool&ext=&op=and

10,000 days... what can I say? Lyricaly, this album is definetly not their best work but I think Adam (the guitarist) really stood out. It's obvious, dude ripped it. I was really dissapointed in the lyrics though, especially in "Vicarious". IMO, Lateralus was better. Rosetta Stoned is great, Jambi too. Right in Two could've been a little better but it's still good. I wouldn't be surprised if this album was a fake. Tool is known to to that sort of thing.

What the fuck is Quicksand?

-J.

I'm gonna have to go with Seeks on this one. Tool's whole scene is all about trying to present an intellectual brand of rock, and thus open themselves up to critique. You can't really crtique someone like Fall Out Boy, because it completely lacks substance. A band like Tool, or Radiohead, or Mars Volta, is trying to present music that's intellectually challenging, so they open themselves up for criticism when something falls short. That's just how it is.

I should also add that it's still a matter of opinion. A hardcore Tool fan is going to like it even if they do a nursery rhyme album. Like to me, Hot Water Music can't put out anything bad, even if their latest stuff isn't as great as the older shit.

This pretty much sums up everything.

In other words...

TOOL US (and CANADA) TOUR DATES

Here are the dates for some smaller venue shows in the US and Canada before the band leaves for Europe:

SUN-APR-30 INDIO, CA/ COACHELLA FESTIVAL

TUE-MAY-02 SEATTLE/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE

THU-MAY-04 OAKLAND/ PARAMOUNT THEATRE

FRI-MAY-05 LAS VEGAS/ THE JOINT

SAT-MAY-06 PHOENIX/ GAMMAGE HALL

MON-MAY-08 DALLAS/ McFARLIN AUDITORIUM

WED-MAY-10 DENVER/ TEMPLE BUELL THEATRE

THU-MAY-11 KANSAS CITY/ MEMORIAL HALL

FRI-MAY-12 MINNEAPOLIS/ ORPHEUM THEATRE

SAT-MAY-13 CHICAGO/ AUDITORIUM THEATRE

MON-MAY-15 DETROIT/ FOX THEATRE

TUE-MAY-16 TORONTO/ HUMMINGBIRD THEATRE

WED-MAY-17 PHILADELPHIA/ TOWER THEATRE

FRI-MAY-19 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER

SAT-MAY-20 NEW YORK/ CITY CENTER

SUN-MAY-21 BOSTON/ ORPHEUM THEATRE

Anyone going to go see them? They sold out in Boston and I don't have a ticket. I'm still optimistic though. I heard from a pretty reliable source that towards the middle of next month they are gonig to sell more tickets. They'll probably up the price. I'd still buy.

:)

what the fuck is going on with song 8? that gay ass demon voiced rap song about oranges or who the fuck knows what dude is talking about. and 7, that long, boring ass shit with a sample from fucking general hospital or something. gaaaayyyyy.

the thing i dont like about their stuff now, is that it's just too much math. they're relying too much on being intellectual and esoteric and it strips all the feeling away from it. on the older records, they're more accesible but still in an intelligent way. all this 12 minute epic bullshit is just too much. i dont need 4 minutes of droning guitars. when i want that, i'll listen to godspeed or sunno or something.