the new tool record is fucking borring.

seeking

it sounds exactly like the last record, but even less interesting and more self absorbed.

i keep listening to it, hoping that something will change and i'll like it more, but i'm afraid if i keep at it, it will ruin undertow, which is the only record i can really deal with anymore.

thats all.

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: this new tool record is fucking boring.

OH come on man..Just like any group it has their unique sound, but it is everything but uninteresting..

I really don't want to debate over this, but you are just to god damn critical of EVERYTHING! Loosen up a bit..

its out already?

Well..That's to be determined. There is an album out on the interweb right now claiming to be the new 10,000 days. Although, some have claimed that is a mix with their one released radio song.

So, in all actuality, we will not know that we are listening to the new album until it's final release on May 2nd..

being 'too critical' of a tool record is kind of an oxymoron, considering their whole schtick is to be hyper critical.

there are some parts that i like, but over all it just sounds like they made a 'tool song generator' and whipped out a record.

on the other hand, i loved the last perfect circle record. i thought it was awesome. wait, not the last one, not that emotive horseshit. that thing was fucking embaressing. oh man. that record is dead to me.

Seeking, That emotive shit was type corny for real. But I think they cant top Mer De Noms. That album was amazing. The 13th step album was fresh also, but no where as good as the first. I thought the last tool album was really dope. I havent heard this new one yet but I've learned my lesson downloading 'advanced' copies of an album.. it usually isnt the real deal.

being 'too critical' of a tool record is kind of an oxymoron, considering their whole schtick is to be hyper critical.

No seeking..Your whole schtick is to be hyper critical..It's obvious in every single one of your posts..

At this rate I'm never going to make it to 5000 posts..

wahhhhhhhhh. i'm sorry if my opinions clash with yours, but i'm not planning on going anywhere, so unless you want to keep following me around the board like a whiny bitch, complaining about everything i say, i'd suggest just accepting it and moving on. k? :)

until you started yapping, i didn't even know you existed. i'm sure it can't be that hard to ignore me just the same.

I'm gonna have to go with Seeks on this one. Tool's whole scene is all about trying to present an intellectual brand of rock, and thus open themselves up to critique. You can't really crtique someone like Fall Out Boy, because it completely lacks substance. A band like Tool, or Radiohead, or Mars Volta, is trying to present music that's intellectually challenging, so they open themselves up for criticism when something falls short. That's just how it is.

I should also add that it's still a matter of opinion. A hardcore Tool fan is going to like it even if they do a nursery rhyme album. Like to me, Hot Water Music can't put out anything bad, even if their latest stuff isn't as great as the older shit.

ok i posted a comment without even hearing it.

so i downloaded it and gave it a try, i have liked past tool albums.

after only 1 listen i would say good try guys but not the best thing you've done.

and quit trying to be the beatles.

fuckers.

I've never been a huge tool fan.

In any sense.

I always threw them in with bands that highschool kids listen smoking out of a plastic bong that know nothing about music other than pop radio and seek something "harder" than limp bizkit.

Perhaps this is unfair, as I said, I've never listened to them.