Blackbook Techniques.

HandPickedGod

This forum is supported by the 12ozProphet Shop, so go buy a shirt and help support!
This forum is brought to you by the 12ozProphet Shop.
This forum is brought to you by the 12oz Shop.
  • Replies 504
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The blending techniques you'se guys have been talking about sound helpful, but I haven't heard anybody mention the 'colorless blenders' that are available from Prisma and Copic....You guys ever mess with these? How do they blend compared to the techniques mentioned previously???????

Yeah. but for real to every kid, toy, adult or what the fuck ever. Im 100% real when i say just go rack you a bunch of copics for your color, for your fine lines and clean lines pick up ZIG millennium pens, And for black and white/ shading for any color, get the 5 pack of faber castell grey scale pack.. RACK EM ALL!!! i have near 700 dollars now of copics, zigs and fabers to my art pack

The blending techniques you'se guys have been talking about sound helpful, but I haven't heard anybody mention the 'colorless blenders' that are available from Prisma and Copic....You guys ever mess with these? How do they blend compared to the techniques mentioned previously???????

The ONLY bit of advice i can give to with these things is be fucking careful.

Only draw over the area a maximum of 3 times with a copic colorless blender, making sure that you use quick, accurate and even strokes. If you go too slow, give up, because there's a good chance it will turn out like dog shit. That is almost pure alcohol you are dumping on to your sketch with those blenders, and they disperse much more ink/liquid than a normal marker.

So be quick and accurate

yeah copics trisia and prismas are great but the price is killer...i racked a 24 pack of prismas but i use those or copics on rare occasions..i use painters or deco color paint markers...they blend very easily if u get them close to eachother and blend it carefully with ur finger.of corse it works better if u outline ur piece afterwards..also u can combine them if u work carefully with any other markers

if you cant rack them at an artstore go for the sure thing never ever get busted route...MICHAEL's, AC MOORE or any large Craft store that has an art section, they most definitely always have prismas and they're all over the country, plus they never have real cameras and its usually old women who work there.

One trick with blending with both Sharpies and Prismas is to use your darker colors first and fill your next color over everything you're trying to blend into.

When I do that, I get smooth-ass fades.

Using grey and just a plain old pencil to shade under areas gives you fades and different shades too.

And everyone talks about markers.

Prisma colored pencils are made so the shade of pencil should blend perfectly with the marker. USE BOTH.

Fuck that... use EVERYTHING.

There is no one brand of markers or pencils or whatever. I've seen straight up burner blackbook jammies from cats using Rosearts.

PRACTICE YOUR SHIT, DRAW ALL THE TIME and fuck with whatever you can. You never know what will work until you use it.

Experiment.

All this COPIC TRIA Talk is annoying...none of this is really Black Book techniques at the end of the day....none of these markers make you better...they just make the quality of you work better

i looked in this hread hpoing to see complex tutorials on blending / shadows / highlghts etc.

i guess i was wrong :(

Put your drying up marker in a sockwith the end of the marker that you want to use facing the very bottom of the sock. twirl that sonovabitch around for a few and that forces what remaining ink the marker still has right to the tip..your good for a little bit. It won't completely revive it, but most likely enough to finish what you may have started if you get yourself into a tight spot.